donnie5

All Australian
Mar 22, 2008
Brunswick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Simple do we have a cult hero, if so who?

EDIT: two years ago i would have said Dids, but to be honest ever since he had a knee reco his goal scoring ability hasnt been the same. So i think we dont have one atm.

081203_LeighBrown246b.jpg

Probably for the majority, I'd say...

Possibly Davis?

2009: ???
2008: Medhurst
2007: Didak
2006: Thomas

I don't know if '06 and '07 are meant to be the other way around.

Oh, cmon, Thomas or Clarke might be the "marketed" cult heroes, but there is only one;

THE GREAT HERITIER "HARRY" O'BRIEN

Anyone who can come through what he has, with the loss of his father, added to the heritage and struggles he already had to endure, and then turn out to be a bloody good footballer, has to be our cult hero.

One thing, he should be released a little more up the ground when he is not required for a defensive role, we all remember that goal against Stkilda last year, the great "H" is capable of anything.:p

Leon Davis is just everything.

Even the biggest bargain for Brownlow. How can someone in career best form, with the second highest average on SuperCoach, etc etc, start on the Brownlow market at $301, and now be $501? lol. Get on it, imo.

500-1? What a joke. But then again, if I was setting a market it would look something like this;

Gary Ablett 1.01.

Rest of Field Name your price.

I'll stick with Harry as our cult hero, especially when he has the "fro" going.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to win games for Leon to start polling any serious votes..
:thumbsdown:

If Gary Ablett does not win the brownlow this year, i will sacrifice my life to becoming an umpire just too see what is so difficult about not noticing the best player in the competition for the last 3 years..

Leon is definitely my cult hero.
I still can't work out how on earth he did not receive a single vote for the ANZAC day medal after 32 touches, 2 goals that turned the game and should have sealed it, 7 tackles, 8 marks, 5 inside 50's, 6 centre clearances..?

500-1? What a joke. But then again, if I was setting a market it would look something like this;

Gary Ablett 1.01.

Rest of Field Name your price.

I'll stick with Harry as our cult hero, especially when he has the "fro" going.:eek:
HaHa yep gotta love that Fro, hed be the perfect choice in a Different Strokes remake:)

To the OP, please fix your sig. It should read Untackleable.

Regarding the cult hero at our club, it's gotta be Beams!

Oh, cmon, Thomas or Clarke might be the "marketed" cult heroes, but there is only one;

THE GREAT HERITIER "HARRY" O'BRIEN

Anyone who can come through what he has, with the loss of his father, added to the heritage and struggles he already had to endure, and then turn out to be a bloody good footballer, has to be our cult hero.

One thing, he should be released a little more up the ground when he is not required for a defensive role, we all remember that goal against Stkilda last year, the great "H" is capable of anything.:p

Totally agree - when he gathers the ball and sets off from half back with that high stepping running action, you can hear the love from the crowd.

Cult figure implies that the player has not one of the elite and has a special charisma. Leon and Dids were cult figures but have passed that into players loved by all Pies followers.

So on that basis Jack or Beamer for mine. Medders is kind of culty as well, but has maybe gone past that now but I can see why he was a cult figure at Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is our cult hero?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back