Who is the true goat in Tennis ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every possible argument around Nadal has been debunked.

Can he win on grass? Yes. He’s done it twice.
Can he win on grass against the best. Yes
Can he win on hardcourt? Yes he’s done it 6 times.
Can he win on hardcourt against the best? Yes
Can he win on clay? Yes
Can he win on clay against the best? Well until he plays himself there we won’t truly know, but yes.
Has he won his slams during a competitive era? Yes
Has he won in all sorts of circumstances, frontrunning, coming from behind, taking the long way through the draw, breezing through it, battling injury, batting no injury? Yes

Has he done it more often than everyone else in history?

Yes.

Stop wasting your breath.

Can he win an end of season world tour finals indoors ?

And? Doesn’t he have to contend with then going to the other surfaces that the other players have grown up on?

The actual Serbian Open is played on clay - id be surprised if players from that country don’t have access to them

According to you..

21 > 20.. and if Nadal won all GS's at the Fr there's a case for him being the best of all time.. Borg is higher on the list at 11 v Sampras 14.

Nadal wins 21 on clay.. bugger all on hard courts and grass.. Sampras wins on hard courts and grass.. bugger all on clay.. you're entertaining the thought of having Nad's at top of the pops.. but 11 (Borg) > 14 (Sampras)?

Last edited:
According to you..

21 > 20.. and if Nadal won all GS's at the Fr there's a case for him being the best of all time.. Borg is higher on the list at 11 v Sampras 14.

Nadal wins 21 on clay.. bugger all on hard courts and grass.. Sampras wins on hard courts and grass.. bugger all on clay.. you're entertaining the thought of having Nad's at top of the pops.. but 11 (Borg) > 14 (Sampras)?

You’re literally arguing a point that hasn’t been made. No one can be this stupid accidentally.

Enjoy yourself mate.

Go and pull some fingernails out with your anti vax friend, I’m sure he could do with some moral support.

Hopefully you’re back here in four months telling us how a Masters 1000 result cancels out 22 grand slams across four venues.

You’re literally arguing a point that hasn’t been made. No one can be this stupid accidentally.

Enjoy yourself mate.

Go and pull some fingernails out with your anti vax friend, I’m sure he could do with some moral support.

Hopefully you’re back here in four months telling us how a Masters 1000 result cancels out 22 grand slams across four venues.

#519.

It has bugger all to do with his vaccination status.

I think he's the greatest tennis player of all time.

We've got one bloke who reckons Nadal is the epitome of piety.. so Nadal gets the nod at Djokovic 22 v Nadal 21. And your good self.. inventing imaginary goals. Wouldn't have minded you in the stands when Travis Cloke was slewing em off the side of the boot re.

Last edited:

Enjoy yourself mate.

A case for Nadal being the GOAT winning all his GS's at the Fr.. Sampras can't get passed Borg at 14 v 11.

Bizzare to say the least.

#519.

It has bugger all to do with his vaccination status.

I think he's the greatest tennis player of all time.

We've got one bloke who reckons Nadal is the epitome of piety.. so Nadal gets the nod at Djokovic 22 v Nadal 21. And your good self.. inventing imaginary goals. Wouldn't have minded you in the stands when Travis Cloke was slewing em off the side of the boot re.

You can think whatever you want. Tangling yourself in knots over imaginary criteria that you’ve invented and comparing a 21 time grand slam winner to premiership-less Bob Pratt only serves to highlight why whatever reasoning you use to arrive at that conclusion is stupid at its core.

I don’t reckon he’s the epitome of piety. I, like many others, reckon he’s the epitome of the best player of all time because in a field where the criteria is relatively even right across the board and no candidate has a weakness in their argument, he’s won more of the only tournaments that matter.
The argument you seem to be pinning yourself on between two other players who ARENT on the same equal platform right across the board is irrelevant.

It’s tantamount to saying ‘well you rate one cricketer above another because he’s scored more hundreds than a rival who’s played the same amount of games in the same countries against similar opposition but you rate Don Bradman the best of all time when he’s scored less than both of them - how?’

You can think whatever you want. Tangling yourself in knots over imaginary criteria that you’ve invented and comparing a 21 time grand slam winner to premiership-less Bob Pratt only serves to highlight why whatever reasoning you use to arrive at that conclusion is stupid at its core.

I don’t reckon he’s the epitome of piety. I, like many others, reckon he’s the epitome of the best player of all time because in a field where the criteria is relatively even right across the board and no candidate has a weakness in their argument, he’s won more of the only tournaments that matter.
The argument you seem to be pinning yourself on between two other players who ARENT on the same equal platform right across the board is irrelevant.

It’s tantamount to saying ‘well you rate one cricketer above another because he’s scored more hundreds than a rival who’s played the same amount of games in the same countries against similar opposition but you rate Don Bradman the best of all time when he’s scored less than both of them - how?’

The epitome of piety was in reference to #556.

My football analogy you have taken totally out of context to suit yourself.

All the best.

The epitome of piety was in reference to #556.

My football analogy you have taken totally out of context to suit yourself.

All the best.

You literally tried to say that Bob Pratt had all these individual trinkets but not the ultimate success to back up your point. Nadal has had the ultimate success more times than anyone in history and he’s done it across all four ‘premiership’ tournaments . I didn’t get it then and I don’t get it now.

What does someone else’s post have to do with mine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I loved Federer I don’t think you could possibly consider him the goat any more. Less grand slams than Rafa and losing H2H against both.

It’s going to end up Rafa or Djokovic. If Rafa wins Sunday I’ve got him a clear number 1 but still a bit to play out. Both still playing incredible tennis and will have a few more shots at winning grand slams.

How much of a blip is Rafa's 0-10 record vs Djokovic outside of clay since 2013 ?
Very little.

Hard court advantage Novak
Clay court advantage Rafa
Grass is a draw

Who is the true goat in Tennis ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back