Who of the players tonight do you think won't be there next year??

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL @ how there are 18 players I've mentioned on my list that have to go, and you are stuck on 1-2. Shows how dire our list is at this moment, you are both trying to pick needles out of a haystack.

But whatever works for you; I'm sure you would still give Adam Pattison a go...

Ah, see the problem there CNB is that you didn't tell us the rules before you posted. I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to defend specific players if we disagreed with your thoughts on them. Next time I'll just give a blanket 'agree' or 'disagree' even if there are some in Column A and some in Column B.:rolleyes:

Goodbye to Matt White, Dean Polo, Troy Simmonds, Graham Polak, Jordan McMahon, Jake King, Adam Thomson, Ralton Roberts and Ben Cousins (retire). I am hoping Ben stays with the RFC either on field or off. We need him to show the kids how to play footy.

As these 2 bulk up more and get to 95kg...

Five and six years in the system MT, they should well and truly be close by now if not already there, but they're still miles off. Show some grasp of reality man.

BTW, did you enjoy Polo's sublime skills today and his wonderful tagging stint in the midfield where he got absolutely reamed by Thompson? We really need to dump Jackson and give the egotistical selfish party boy his role, because he's clearly a much better footballer with much better character, right?

I mentioned Thursty because Mcguane is just as good as him but you mentioned Mcguane. LOL at you mentioning Post and Vickery. I've been more than happy with Vickery this year. Our defence gets bombarded every week by the opposition going forward. Thursty and Mcguane do a pretty good for the amount of time the ball comes down there. I don't get too upset with the occasional Mcguane mistake. As these 2 bulk up more and get to 95kg and with Post and Gourdis becoming the 3rd tall and the midfield and forward line really improving over the next 2 years with experience and more draft picks we'll be rating these players as very important
we will have to wait another 10 years b4 they get to 96 kilos:thumbsu:

Cutting the dead wood; A very easy thing to do.

END OF 2010 LIST CHANGES
1. Jordan McMahon - bye bye.
2. Matt White - You are the weakest link...goodbye.
3. Troy Simmonds (RETIRE) - Too old, slow, shit, crap, lame, bye bye.
4. Jake King - We should have delisted him end of 2009.
5. Chris Newman (TRADE) - Has not done much for our club, won't be playing in a premiership, trade him while we can get any sort of pick for him.
6. Richard Tambling (TRADE)- GTFO before everyone realises you are worth NOTHING.
7. Graham Polak (TRADE) - You are not in our next premiership team, so bugger off.
8. Ben Cousins (RETIRE) - Great legend, but we need you out there everyweek, if you can't provide that on field stability - you are just a distraction from our long term goals.
9. Angus Graham - What a ****ing list clogger...

END OF 2011 LIST CHANGES

1. Dean Polo - Be a dud on someone else's list.
2. Luke McGuane - I don't see any improvement, Rarely has a good game.
3. Tom Hislop - Give him another year, if no improvement bye-bye.
4. Jayden Post (TRADE) - Have little hope for this kid, if there is no improvement, trade!
5. Relton Roberts - I doubt this guy will amount to anything.
6. Adam Thomson - Giving him a little more time; because every player deserves a chance, if he shows nothing then he has gotta go.
7. Shane Tuck (RETIRE) - We need him in the team now, he actually gets the ball. But by this time he will start to get old, hopefully Lids, Cotch and Martin step up and we don't require him.

END OF 2012 LIST CHANGES

1. Tyrone Vickery (TRADE) - I don't see potential, and I agree with Tugga. I can't see anything in this kid and by this time we will be calling for his head just like Pattison. Hope I'm wrong.
2. Kelvin Moore - Had a bad game tonight, but he is a good defender in a bad team. By this time he will be too old, hopefully we have more players who can fill his role through trading, drafting and developing.

I'm going by Cameron's theory that we will be very active during draft period. Most of these guys have to go, but not all at once, because we will have no list.

But as you can tell, we have a LONG way to go before we even stratch the surface of finding our next premiership side...

Some of your initial culls are spot on but the more I read I just felt like you need to.... STOP TAKING DRUGS!

Post, Vickery Trade????? You must be on some wicked gear. Talls take a long time to develop. So what a great idea to trade them and wait 6 years for our next batch of 18 year olds to mature. Bordering stupidity.

McGuane: Terrible footballer
Moore: as above
White: as above
Tambling: Trade for a bag of peanuts
Polo: see the first 3's comments
Newman: There's no law against trading your Captain:thumbsu:
Deledio: I'm tipping he will ask to be traded and don't blame him.

But Madtiger says Polo and Tambling are the future :eek:

im disturbed that hardwick cant get any performance or improvement out of anyone. why another 50 point thrashing, do they think they are going to get priority picks? rawlings at least go them to be a bit more competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players wont show improvement unless the team shows improvement as a whole. Im not suprised certain players "appear" to have stopped development, hows any one player going to improve when the team are unable to do so.

Also, how can anybody be calling for players heads at this stage? i mean vickery? give the kid a chance, anybody who knows anything about footy now days understands it takes time for ruckmen to develop, and in this team, (which will get better) he will struggle. He was starting to get some hitouts last night (altough rarely to advantage), which is a start.

As for people questioning kelvin moore, if you had of watched the game last night you would have had an answer, he was in our best, probably top 2.

END OF 2012 LIST CHANGES
1. Tyrone Vickery (TRADE) - I don't see potential, and I agree with Tugga. I can't see anything in this kid and by this time we will be calling for his head just like Pattison. Hope I'm wrong.

Be careful with this post CNB1990, you'll have all the Vickery lovers lynch you, I do agree with you though, drop the " hope i'm wrong " line as you'll cop it for that as well.....:D

Astbury, David GONE
Browne, Andrew GONE
Collins, Andrew GONE
Connors, Daniel GONE
Cotchin, Trent
Cousins, Ben GONE
Dea, Matthew GONE
Deledio, Brett
Edwards, Shane GONE
Farmer, Mitch GONE
Foley, NathanGONE
Graham, Angus GONE
Griffiths, Ben GONE
Grimes, Dylan GONE
Hislop, Tom GONE
Jackson, Daniel GONE
King, Jake GONE
McGuane, Luke GONE
McMahon, Jordan GONE
Martin, Dustin
Moore, Kelvin GONE
Morton, Mitch GONE
Nahas, Robin GONE
Nason, Ben
Newman, Chris GONE
Polo, Dean GONE
Post, Jayden GONE
Rance, Alex GONE
Riewoldt, Jack GONE
Simmonds, Troy GONE
Tambling, Richard GONE
Taylor, Troy GONE
Thomson, Adam GONE
Thursfield, Will GONE
Tuck, Shane GONE
Vickery, Tyrone GONE
Webberley, Jeromey GONE
White, Matt GONE

Contin, Pat GONE
Gilligan, Alroy GONE
Gourdis, David GONE
Hicks, Robbie GONE
O'Reilly, James GONE
Polak, Graham GONE
Roberts, Relton GONE
Westhoff, Nick GONE

might be hard to get to the 92.5% of the cap with this strategy though

From what i read it looks like the ruckmen will be held onto. Simmonds will probably retire at years end. They are trying to teach Graham to use his size around the ground, Vickery is eager to be a great ruckman but needs to focus more on the ball instead of the opposition ruckman.

I can see Polo and White getting shafted after this season, I dont think they add much to the team.

Hoping Gourdis gets elevated and shows us what he can do. Would like to see him playing alongside Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Foley etc etc..

OUT: Cousins, White, Thomson, Hislop, Simmonds, McMahon, King, Polak? Polo?

Thomson has had several years in the AFL now and hasn't been able to cut it. Same with Hislop. Simmonds is too old but has been a good player and deserves respect instead of the stuff some posters give to him. Polak might go same with Polo.

Keep Shane Tuck because he is good at getting the ball and is hard in the contest. Keep Daniel Jackson because he is similar to Tuck. With these two in it can take some of the heat away from Martin and Cotchin.
DO NOT TRADE TAMBLING! Showed what he can do last year and he would be in the Tigers best 10 players based on skill. Give him time and Richmond will reap the rewards.

DO NOT TRADE OR DELIST RANCE until the end of 2011. He could be a good defender. Has shown a little more improvement this year with his composure.
In summary, I'm probably more optimistic than most about Richmond and expect them to climb up the ladder and finish 13/12th in 2011 and be vying for 9th/8th spot in 2012. The list isn't that bad apart from the fact there is a chronic shortage of tall forwards and some very YOUNG ruckmen. The midfield looks promising.

white, mcmahon, polak, SIMMONDS, all definates..
hislop, thompson, tucky, all touch and go

i for one like polo, personally believe he's being played outve position, give him an extended run in the middle, or the wing at least and see what he's got. had enough of these tagging roles and half back dinky jobs.

get him in the thick of things, perhaps half forward and see what he's made of.. i like his hands, moves to the right positions, just needs to believe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who of the players tonight do you think won't be there next year??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back