• Jimmy Maher

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Michael Slater

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Shane Watson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I went for Lehmann - a quality player who has done is apprenticeships (times 3).

He is old, and I am one for bringing in someone a lot younger (Katich or Clarke). BUT, Katich is out of form and Clarke is too young. The situation will be assessed again when Steve Waugh retires. Will be interesting to see who they go for. If Clarke keeps his form and Waugh retires after the ashes, I think Clarke will be a shoe in.

Originally posted by McAlmanac

a) It's Beva n
b) Just keep banging them in short or just short of a length to him.

He's missed the boat.
Yep, Bevan isn't up to it. There are a lot of people who really admire him for his ODI exploits, and consider him as one of their 'favourites'. Test teams aren't picked on peoples' 'favourites'.

Lehmann gets my vote. He's been playing great cricket for S.A. and is worthy of a test selction after his great batting performances.

I voted Katich.
Just think he is ready for it, he may not be in form per see right now, but i believe he would have been god for the Aussie team, and the chance good for him.
But at the same time Lehmann would have been my second pick, even though i don't personally like him much he deserves a go, and we'll see how he goes, hopefully scoring a few centuries:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by kretchy
Marcus North

In a few years.
You're not wrong.

For those who haven't seen him play - watch this space.

23 y/o Left hand batsmen and very handy Right arm off spinner.

Has taken a while to blossom but will this year be a star for the Warriors. Also look out for Chris Rogers, and Shaun Marsh (19 y/o son of Geoff Marsh who recently scored 92 against the Poms, also an exceptional fieldsman).

I agree with Lehmann, closely ahead of Love. Love just smacked England for 250 and has hit something like 25 first class tons, it's a joke that he is rarely talked about for test selection.
With some of the others, Bevan can't play the short bowl, Katich until recently was in poor form and Lehmann and Love are both better then Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should have replaced Mark Waugh?

Back