Who To Drop????

Remove this Banner Ad

I am mystified as to why Eagleton, Hahn, Ward, Welsh, Hill and Harbrow are constantly recommended to be dropped. NONE of these players, especially the first three, WILL EVER be dropped in favour of Williams (or anyone else), unless maybe hell freezes over first. Williams may be only suffering from "one-off" injuries but we're getting to the stage where they need to be arranged from A-Z to keep track of them. It's not as if he's a proven match winner. "Tall" isn't enough reason to put him in the team when all of our defenders are so much better (and fitter).

I am mystified as to why Eagleton, Hahn, Ward, Welsh, Hill and Harbrow are constantly recommended to be dropped. NONE of these players, especially the first three, WILL EVER be dropped in favour of Williams (or anyone else), unless maybe hell freezes over first. Williams may be only suffering from "one-off" injuries but we're getting to the stage where they need to be arranged from A-Z to keep track of them. It's not as if he's a proven match winner. "Tall" isn't enough reason to put him in the team when all of our defenders are so much better (and fitter).

Some good points amongst that lot, but when we play Hawthorn & St.Kilda especially we will probably not get by with a backline consisting of just Lake, Morris & Hargrave as our tall options.

Last weeks team was almost our best 22 bar another tall defender so at some stage we will need to get Williams (as long as he's body hold ups) into the team, who makes way is a tough choice, but we look to have a few weeks to make this decision.

I am mystified as to why Eagleton, Hahn, Ward, Welsh, Hill and Harbrow are constantly recommended to be dropped. NONE of these players, especially the first three, WILL EVER be dropped in favour of Williams

On form you are probably correct, but Williams is more important to our structure and premiership aspirations than any of the other guys you mentioned.

At the start of the year, the Herald Sun football supplement, The Age supplement, and the club itself in quotes, listed Williams as the most important factor in deciding whether we could win a premiership or not. So, I can't see how in 12 weeks he has gone from the most important, to people deeming him to be dropped.

His form has been so so in patches but not as bad as some make out and we have to get games into him. I know it is frustrating for us supporters that he keeps on being injured, but it is more frustrating to him as he is trying his best. I don't think we can give up on him. He is only 22, we just have to hope that his body can be injury free, that he gets some consecutive games into him, and he can be the missing piece in the jigsaw that we all think he is.

I am perplexed when I see posts doubting the worth of Williams. There seems to be suggestions that his form has been poor and he has been carried in the team.

This is simply not correct.

While I concede that he has not shown game breaking dash like Bock at Adelaide, I cannot recall him being badly beaten by anyone.

He did have a poor first quarter against Adelaide but he fought back well to play a solid second half.

Against Melbourne he was the victim of some terrible umpiring that gifted goals to Robertson.

He remains our best option, in tandem with Lake, to play against Franklin/Roughead and Riewoldt/Koschitzke. If he gets over his injury problems he will bea valuable contributor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who To Drop????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back