Who to tag and who does it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelongs best is better than our best - unfortunate but true.

Therefore we need to have strategies in place to ensure that Geelong are not playing at their optimum level. Going head to head is a nice romantic notion in theory, but wont bring home the bacon and get us to our 3rd ever GF.

So some defensive measures are mandatory I reckon, just need to strike the right balance! :thumbsu:;)

GO DOGS! I am getting nervous :eek:

The only way to beat Geelong is play like Geelong, RUN,RUN,RUN...TACKLE,TACKLE,TACKLE. I dont think the doggies can do it for the whole game, Goodluck.
If Geelong dont win the flag then i hope the doggies do....

Wouldn't it be good if both coaches forgot about tagging and let the game be played how it was over 15 years ago minus the sniping incidents and melee's from that era though.

Let both teams play on their merits, oh to see real football at its free flowing best. Now that Sydney are out of the finals we can go back to having great standard football.

All the best Doggies for Friday night

Morris doesn't have the tank for Johnson either, who is almost on par with Bartel in terms of endurance. In games this year he has blown up more than one opponent in a game. I think Johnson ran Morris a little ragged in Rd 16.

I think Griffen on Ablett and have him running and attacking is a good move.
Morris has tagged the likes of Cousins out of the game. He's got a big tank on him, don't worry about that.

I'll stick to my earlier theme the less tags you play against Geelong the better.

We need to beat them to the contested ball and have their players looking at our players arses trying to second guess what we are going to do.

Rather than get caught short having our players watching their players arses because they use the ball so well they will blow us away.

I beleive the 60 point difference between the Cats and the Dogs earlier in the year actualy was

20 points due to Geelongs superiority

and

40 points due to the phycological lack of confidence we took into the match.

The Cats aren't weak but they are not superhuman.. sure you might not drop them if you hit them cleanly in the mouth 4-5 times and they will smack you back in yours quite a few times.

But if you can hang in there and keep on hitting like all humans they will eventualy drop and shatter like a bag of spuds/crystal.

And I think if you do drop the Cats, they will shatter like an American bank caught up in the mortgage crisis.

Plus they have not been hunted for a fair while, if we pick up the rifle and start chasing them all of a sudden they are out of their comfort zone and in unfamiliar territory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who to tag and who does it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back