Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Judd

• Paul Chapman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane Swan has had a very similar season this year to last season. Last season he got 12 votes. Why would he get many more this year?

For mine there'll be a 3 way tie between Hodge, Ablett and Judd. Goodes will make a late run as well and, depending on his performances in the next 4 weeks could finish within a vote or two of the win. Sandilands to be thereabouts as well.

No love for Joey Montagna?

It will be interesting, Ablett ran hot early while the others were slow and now its sort of changed around. I think out of Hodge, Ablett and Swan whoever can steal votes while they weren't 'in form'.

But in conclusion, Sylvia!

I was praying you would put up decent options, but alas LeCras, Watson and Sylvia yet you miss others like Joel Selwood and Sandilands.

Joel Selwood to win by 1 vote over Swan, Hodge 3rd. :thumbsu:

Dane Swan has had a very similar season this year to last season. Last season he got 12 votes. Why would he get many more this year?

For mine there'll be a 3 way tie between Hodge, Ablett and Judd. Goodes will make a late run as well and, depending on his performances in the next 4 weeks could finish within a vote or two of the win. Sandilands to be thereabouts as well.

Last year was strange... I agree. He did poll 20 votes in 2007 which was a pretty good effort. Last year I think there were about 4-5 games in which he should have polled but didn't. What killed him also was the fact that when he did poll, he received a few too many 1 votes.
This year we have won more games, he's tackling more and has literally only had 1 quiet game. I think he has had three clear BOGs (r6 v Carlton, r7 v North, r16 v Port) and about half a dozen other games where he will be thereabouts and receive a 1 or 2 (r1 v Dogs, r4 v Hawks, r8 v Freo, r11 v Dogs, r12 v Melb, r13 v Syd, r14 v WCE, r16 v StK, r17 v Rich, r18 v Carl). Still, you never know.
He is a big chance to come second behind Sylvia.

I heard that the TAB are paying out on Sylvia later today as there is clearly no-one else out there that has a chance..

I was praying you would put up decent options, but alas LeCras, Watson and Sylvia yet you miss others like Joel Selwood and Sandilands.

Joel Selwood to win by 1 vote over Swan, Hodge 3rd. :thumbsu:

Someone is dirty they did put their money on Sylvia at the start of the year :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, it would be awesome to see someone like Brian Lake win it, sadly it will always be a midfielders award. Sooo back to my money. Swan, Hodge as an outsider , Pendlebury, or Ablett if a few fall over inexplicably later in the year.

Hodge is your outsider is he?

My roughy for the flag this year is Geelong. :)

Last year was strange... I agree. He did poll 20 votes in 2007 which was a pretty good effort. Last year I think there were about 4-5 games in which he should have polled but didn't. What killed him also was the fact that when he did poll, he received a few too many 1 votes.
This year we have won more games, he's tackling more and has literally only had 1 quiet game. I think he has had three clear BOGs (r6 v Carlton, r7 v North, r16 v Port) and about half a dozen other games where he will be thereabouts and receive a 1 or 2 (r1 v Dogs, r4 v Hawks, r8 v Freo, r11 v Dogs, r12 v Melb, r13 v Syd, r14 v WCE, r16 v StK, r17 v Rich, r18 v Carl). Still, you never know.
He is a big chance to come second behind Sylvia.

I kind of remember him being pretty down on his usual output early in the year. I think I picked him up in DreamTeam with a fair bit knocked off his starting price...
How long has he been playing at his current level do you reckon?

You know, it would be awesome to see someone like Brian Lake win it, sadly it will always be a midfielders award. Sooo back to my money. Swan, Hodge as an outsider , Pendlebury, or Ablett if a few fall over inexplicably later in the year.

I was going to drop $100 on Lake at 501-1, but then everyone started talking him up and he dropped to 81-1 and I thought stuffit.

Really hope he doesn't win, now...:p

I think Pendles is the best roughie in a long time.

Last year Swan was a raging favourite and polled poorly and Pendles polled more votes.

This year Swan has had marginal improvement on last year at best, he's just getting more press for what he did all last year as well.

Pendles, while very good last year, has taken his game to another level and I think he may poll more BOG's than Swanny.

Then again, we won 13 of 14 at one stage last year and yet even in 10 goal wins, our opponents consistently had players poll votes. In fact, there were a few ocassions where we won comfortably but the BOG came from our opponent. So the theory of winning teams polling the most votes doesn't seem to apply to Collingwood.

I think Pendles is the best roughie in a long time.

Last year Swan was a raging favourite and polled poorly and Pendles polled more votes.

This year Swan has had marginal improvement on last year at best, he's just getting more press for what he did all last year as well.

Pendles, while very good last year, has taken his game to another level and I think he may poll more BOG's than Swanny.

Then again, we won 13 of 14 at one stage last year and yet even in 10 goal wins, our opponents consistently had players poll votes. In fact, there were a few ocassions where we won comfortably but the BOG came from our opponent. So the theory of winning teams polling the most votes doesn't seem to apply to Collingwood.

Such is the downside of having such an even spread of contributors across your side. Perk up, it'll probably win you a flag...

The credibility of another Melbourne supporter instituted poll goes down the drain again.

Like I stated in another thread, Rhodesian dollars have more value than a poll started by a Melbourne supporter.

I kind of remember him being pretty down on his usual output early in the year. I think I picked him up in DreamTeam with a fair bit knocked off his starting price...
How long has he been playing at his current level do you reckon?

To give you an indication, on the Collingwood board here on BF we do a MVP vote (5,4,3,2,1) and Swan has polled in every game this year except rounds 2, 3, 5 & 10. That includes 5 BOGs, 3 2nd best on ground and 3 3rd best on ground.
Obviously this doesn't have a great deal of influence over what the umpires are thinking though. Expect him to poll bugger all from rounds 1-5 and then hopefully put his skates on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who To Win Brownlow

Back