Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh.

I know all too well it's 2024.

But I also know all too well that that there hasn't yet been a game played in July, and anything can happen over the next 3 months.

I'm sure you realise that two of the 2023 Preliminary Finalists were not even in the top 8 after round 16 last year, but you may not realise that the June Participation Trophy winners - who were second favourite for the flag and second on the ladder - failed to even play in a Preliminary Final...

You know that anything can happen and then you flog on about your broken abacus and your inability to understand probability..

congratulations- you can hold and argue to two polar opposite views ( and mutually exclusive ones at that) at the same time- and take some of your similarly educationally deprived nuffies along with you...

troll LOLOLOLOL

Indeed.

In the same way we're meant to be spending our 4th consecutive season in the bottom 4, experiencing Carlton like levels of mediocrity.

Remember when we were a being told that?

I've never banished Collingwood to bottom 4 status for 1 year let alone 4 - everyone knows your dirty bird mob were tanking - just another #dirtybird cheating strategem..

what I do know is that your mob's playing list is going to go down in terms of performance potential relative to other teams over the next few years rather than up - just natural cyclical event on the near horizon - during which time you can reminisce about the good old days...

Pretty sure the ledger is in the positive on the wins/losses since I was born
Are you sure about that?

That would be an interesting analysis....

How old would a Carlton supporter (over the age of 5 years old) need to be to have witnessed a positive win/loss record?

Let me get out my abacus...

They've had
Are you sure about that?

That would be an interesting analysis....

How old would a Carlton supporter (over the age of 5 years old) need to be to have witnessed a positive win/loss record?

Let me get out my abacus...
32 years in the positive and 20 years in the negative, and 1 squared - pretty comfortable knowing I'm right. Wouldn't worry about your abacus

I had never been on the main board outside of probably 5-10 posts since I’ve been on here as a member and then I discovered this thread. Funny as shit at times.
It’s good value.

Some solid trolling and decent banter without any Richmond dolts stinking it up.

As enjoyable as it was to watch Carlton embarrass themselves over the last quarter century, it got a bit stale. Here’s hoping both teams (except Carlton) stay competitive at the same time for a bit.

Kinda nice having some semblance of a rivalry this century.

My tip a * win.

As much as it pains me to choose either!
Ok.
public radio books GIF by WAMU

I've never banished Collingwood to bottom 4 status for 1 year let alone 4 - everyone knows your dirty bird mob were tanking - just another #dirtybird cheating strategem..

what I do know is that your mob's playing list is going to go down in terms of performance potential relative to other teams over the next few years rather than up - just natural cyclical event on the near horizon - during which time you can reminisce about the good old days...
Tanking after trading out our first rounder was 4D chess. Someday the strategem will be clear to you, and you will be awed my dull-witted friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Pie supporters have any form of analysis that isn't based on "the past is indicative of the future"?
Despite its limitations, it’s likely a superior form of analysis than your multi-verse hypotheses imagining second year players are actually first year players whilst playing for different clubs.

Haven't you heard? They're loaded with cap space, whatever list trouble they're finding themselves in, they'll buy their way out of it.

It's the Essend- I mean Collingwood way.

Dangerous territory for Blues supporters to bring up buying ones way out of trouble…

That's the joke.

Earlier in this thread the Pies fans dismissed any incoming list management concerns as they have cap space to burn & essentially get whoever they want. Something they've given Carlton shit for (rightfully) for a decade.

We've grown out of it, whilst we all know Essendon are just going to recruit Stringer/Smith/Saad/Shiel all over again, and Collingwood might follow suit.

Haven't you heard? They're loaded with cap space, whatever list trouble they're finding themselves in, they'll buy their way out of it.

It's the Essend- I mean Collingwood way.
They haven't got a 1st round pick lol, will finish in the bottom 6 and Freo will get the chocolates.

So are we 6th or 13th? You should probably go off to form a work-group, decide amongst yourselves, and come back once you’re all on the same page.
You'll get the hang of this in time mate.

Tanking after trading out our first rounder was 4D chess. Someday the strategem will be clear to you, and you will be awed my dull-witted friend.
ahhh fresh meat for the mincer introducing himself with a common mix of pasted prose and inflated sense of self worth - stick around for more than a day and make a post worthy of more than passing snig ger and I will get to you - bring your abacus friend but check the batteries aren't flat like COllingwood's current and future form is and will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back