Who will the carlton scum knife in the back after their upcoming years of failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be why we have so many acknowledged spuds on our list :rolleyes:

That's just the problem. Not enough people do acknowledge it. Take last week's game for example. Your mob went in favourites and were roundly tipped by the media to win despite being beaten by us in the last four encounters. I had absolutely no hesitation in tipping us last week. I should have unloaded on us at $2.52 for the win on Thursday as well but I have a personal policy of not betting money on us.

It pains me to say it, but Robert Walls appears to be one of the few media types who are finally catching on to the fact that the majority of your side is crap and Ratten isn't a coache's arseh*le.

Oh... the Carton board you say. Full of reasoned minds following Friday nights debacle. Must be an accurate indicator of whether Ratts can coach or not.

It went on for much longer than that.

If it gives you any comfort, I voted yes just for shits and giggles. :)

That's just the problem. Not enough people do acknowledge it. Take last week's game for example.

Seems you relate a lot of this to Friday nights game, which in the context of the season thus far was an anomaly. When you balance out your comments over all our games it just doesn't fit.

It went on for much longer than that.
Much longer than what? "Following last Friday night" can go on from that point to eternity. In this case I was meaning from then until now. I'd be heading over to that board to get a dose of hysteria... not reality (which is no doubt why you were there too :))

NEXT TO GO.
ratten.jpg

Seems you relate a lot of this to Friday nights game, which in the context of the season thus far was an anomaly. When you balance out your comments over all our games it just doesn't fit.

Not at all. :confused:

Round 3 v Essendon.
Essendon, a club with supposedly the worst list in the competition and tipped by many to be bottom 4 in 2009. Massive choke to lose by 4 points.

Round 4 v Sydney.
Sydney, a team on the decline and who currently languish in 11th (no man's land) versus your team of future and current champions billed for a top four spot before the season. Loss by 17 points.

Round 6 v Hawthorn.
Current premiers. A game that should have been won by a top four contender considering Hawthorn's form and injuries (they were in 8th you were in 4th). Another massive choke to lose by 4 points.

Round 7 v Fremantle.
So confident of beating Fremantle, the carlolton home game was sold for 400K I believe to be played at Carrara in front of 10 thousand odd. Carlolton make the profit but Freo get the points as your mob go on to lose by 7 points in an insipid performance where Freo really should have won by a lot more.

Round 9 v Adelaide.
Well, what can I say? Adelaide were languishing in 12th whilst carlolton were 6th. A top four side chockablock with current and future champions who were destined to be top four this year should have been able to see lowly 12th off in spades. Massive loss to the tune of 44 points.

Which brings us to round 13.

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was basing this on last week alone. :thumbsu:

Much longer than what? "Following last Friday night" can go on from that point to eternity. In this case I was meaning from then until now. I'd be heading over to that board to get a dose of hysteria... not reality (which is no doubt why you were there too :))

Much longer than immediately after the match.. hell, even 48 hours after is what I was getting at. Are you suggesting that the carlolton board is in potentiality eternally free of reasonable minds? Okay. I'll buy that for a dollar. :thumbsu:

And yes, I enjoy going on to the carlolton board after they lose to see all the screaming, whining and foot stamping. After all, you don't get many carlolton posters in the Bay ready to take their whacks after a loss. They're all in Fort Apache trying to call for the razing of their own club. :D

It's just a great shame I can't post there. :(

a review of our losses is about right - we stunk in each
the rest
all complete crap esp us not taking whacks (rewind to last Fri night)
and esp it being a shame you are not allowed to post on our board
plenty of us cannot venture to the Bombers board as well

Not at all. :confused:

Round 3 v Essendon.
Essendon, a club with supposedly the worst list in the competition and tipped by many to be bottom 4 in 2009. Massive choke to lose by 4 points.

Round 4 v Sydney.
Sydney, a team on the decline and who currently languish in 11th (no man's land) versus your team of future and current champions billed for a top four spot before the season. Loss by 17 points.

Round 6 v Hawthorn.
Current premiers. A game that should have been won by a top four contender considering Hawthorn's form and injuries (they were in 8th you were in 4th). Another massive choke to lose by 4 points.

Round 7 v Fremantle.
So confident of beating Fremantle, the carlolton home game was sold for 400K I believe to be played at Carrara in front of 10 thousand odd. Carlolton make the profit but Freo get the points as your mob go on to lose by 7 points in an insipid performance where Freo really should have won by a lot more.

Round 9 v Adelaide.
Well, what can I say? Adelaide were languishing in 12th whilst carlolton were 6th. A top four side chockablock with current and future champions who were destined to be top four this year should have been able to see lowly 12th off in spades. Massive loss to the tune of 44 points.

Which brings us to round 13.

Seems you base this assessment around a foolish premise that Carlton were/are a top 4 side. I was never under such an illusion. Aside from the Adelaide game, what I see is a bunch of close, winnable games that a young Carlton team couldn't get over the line for. If we had have won those games, we would be top 4 and well exceeding reasonable expectations.

Much longer than immediately after the match.. hell, even 48 hours after is what I was getting at. Are you suggesting that the carlolton board is in potentiality eternally free of reasonable minds? Okay. I'll buy that for a dollar. :thumbsu:

Yeah... I said following, which means anytime from when the match finished until probably our next win. I make no suggestion about that board, only your attempt to use it as proof Ratten can't coach.

Seems you base this assessment around a foolish premise that Carlton were/are a top 4 side. I was never under such an illusion. Aside from the Adelaide game, what I see is a bunch of close, winnable games that a young Carlton team couldn't get over the line for. If we had have won those games, we would be top 4 and well exceeding reasonable expectations.

It was never MY foolish premise.

I base the assessment on fact. Not just last week, not a foolish premise but cold, hard fact.

Yeah... I said following, which means anytime from when the match finished until probably our next win. I make no suggestion about that board, only your attempt to use it as proof Ratten can't coach.

I never used it in an attempt to prove Ratten can't coach. His record and the moves he makes (or lack thereof) speak for themselves. There's your proof. Mentioning your board, sorry, THAT board was merely a humorous aside.

It was never MY foolish premise.

I base the assessment on fact. Not just last week, not a foolish premise but cold, hard fact.

What fact is that... that we briefly occupied 4th spot on the ladder in the first half of the season? Face it X, you along with a slather of others were sucked in by the hype, which in turn skewed what would normally be expected from a side in Carlton's stage of development. Hence the ensuing melodrama.

I never used it in an attempt to prove Ratten can't coach. His record and the moves he makes (or lack thereof) speak for themselves. There's your proof.

That as much proof of what I said than it is of what you said. But hs record in starting from the bottom of the ladder and climbing up into the eight is a good enough indication he has talent as a coach... much to learn, but that's not a big surprise.

What fact is that... that we briefly occupied 4th spot on the ladder in the first half of the season? Face it X, you along with a slather of others were sucked in by the hype, which in turn skewed what would normally be expected from a side in Carlton's stage of development. Hence the ensuing melodrama.

I'm obviously confusing you.

The fact refers to the results on which the assessment was made. The fallacy is the hype/expectations/masturbation involved in lauding yourselves as top four incumbents before the season started and indeed even up until a few weeks ago.

The only ones sucked in by the hype were the media and the majority of your supporters.. which probably explains why they're so bitterly devastated to find they're actually nowhere near it.

That as much proof of what I said than it is of what you said. But hs record in starting from the bottom of the ladder and climbing up into the eight is a good enough indication he has talent as a coach... much to learn, but that's not a big surprise.

No. No it isn't.

The fact refers to the results on which the assessment was made.
Pfft! You've got some results, applied the premise that Carlton should be a top 4 contender and then proceeded to assess the results on this basis; ultimately concluding that the Carlton list is full of spuds. I on the other hand, can take those same results - and by inference results omitted - contrast them against my expectations and wonder what on earth you're on about.

We can both say our opinions are based on fact. I'm just trying to point out a step between those two points.

The fallacy is the hype/expectations/masturbation involved in lauding yourselves as top four incumbents before the season started and indeed even up until a few weeks ago.

The only ones sucked in by the hype were the media and the majority of your supporters.. which probably explains why they're so bitterly devastated to find they're actually nowhere near it.

Come on. Did you visit the Carlton board at the beginning of the year? Or the ladder prediction thread on the main board? The majority of Carlton supporters tipped us bottom half of the eight or just out. Any Blues that tipped a top 4 spot were the exception among the swathe of opposition hype-mongers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will the carlton scum knife in the back after their upcoming years of failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back