Who will we be delisting at seasons end and who will we be looking for in the draft? ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Lovett from Essendon could be available I think he is the type of player we need. He has expolsive speed which non of our midfielders currently have and he will give us that balance to our midfield which will take it to the next level. Thoughts?
So you dont think Griffen, Cooney and Hill are quick even Ray can be put into that category.....Um no thanks for Lovett.

Stop talking in text speak, its annoying to read and will lose you credibility on this site.

With Tiller, he's coming along just fine. Made his debut in his 3rd season, about what we'd expect, and has made appearances in his fourth without regularly playing. Next year is the year he'd be looking at really staking a claim for the senior side. And does anyone else think its weird how this guy wants Tiller to get delisted because in 4 years he's done too little, but ignores Cameron Wight who's done just as much in about 7 seasons.
ok ill stop
i didnt put cam wight down??
your right i think he will go definitely he is useless
tiller delisted maybe is not a good for now but in 4 seasons he hasnt done much but if has done the samein 2 years time he will have to go

Andy Lovett from Essendon could be available I think he is the type of player we need. He has expolsive speed which non of our midfielders currently have and he will give us that balance to our midfield which will take it to the next level. Thoughts?

Type of player we need? what are some of you smoking??

I knew I would get that kind of response (what am i smoking etc.) But if we are going to go with a small side that needs to move the ball quickly we have to go the whole hog and inject some explosive pace into the side. We have many small and pacey midfielders but we do not have an explosive player in the vain of a Roili, Davey, Lovett, etc. This may sound wierd to some but I believe this is excactly what we need to top off our already good midfield. Just a thought and of course if we could get Pavlich or Brown we should get them but that is not realistic. So an explosive forward/midfielder is what we need and can get.

I knew I would get that kind of response (what am i smoking etc.) But if we are going to go with a small side that needs to move the ball quickly we have to go the whole hog and inject some explosive pace into the side. We have many small and pacey midfielders but we do not have an explosive player in the vain of a Roili, Davey, Lovett, etc. This may sound wierd to some but I believe this is excactly what we need to top off our already good midfield. Just a thought and of course if we could get Pavlich or Brown we should get them but that is not realistic. So an explosive forward/midfielder is what we need and can get.

You are right that he is quick. He is unbelievably quick. At full pace, one of the quickest in the league.

His best is extremely good but he is far too inconsistent for my liking. You never know what Lovett is going to turn up. Some games he looks disinterested, some games he loses the plot, some games he is good, you just never know what you are going to get. Plus he is a guy who has a lot of off field problems and unfortunately they tend to impact on his football in a negative way.

I hope he plays well in the future because he is great to watch, but IMO he is too unpredictable and risky for us to take a punt on. I am not even sure he is in our best 22 at the moment.

I like your creative thinking though :)

ok ill stop
i didnt put cam wight down??
your right i think he will go definitely he is useless
tiller delisted maybe is not a good for now but in 4 seasons he hasnt done much but if has done the samein 2 years time he will have to go
Hasn't this guy created some conversation:rolleyes:

This could be a Brian Lake brain fart but......what about a trade with Sydney? Barry Hall for Farren Ray?

The Swans need youth and speed, the dogs need a KPP with a bit of mongrel in him who has a point to prove. :confused:

This could be a Brian Lake brain fart but......what about a trade with Sydney? Barry Hall for Farren Ray?

The Swans need youth and speed, the dogs need a KPP with a bit of mongrel in him who has a point to prove. :confused:

Hall is finished.

Why would you trade a player who has his best years in front of him for someone washed up.

The only way we would consider recruiting Hall is thru the PSD where we get him for nix.

I really do hope you're right about Farren having "his best years in front of him", because he's become the new Sam Power - everyone's fave punching bag.

Farren maybe good *cough cough*, but he's not good for the dogs structure.

Farren maybe good *cough cough*, but he's not good for the dogs structure.
I'd argue the opposite - run & carry midfielders are the new black in AFL circles, and Farren is definately showing he can fill the role.

I'd argue the opposite - run & carry midfielders are the new black in AFL circles, and Farren is definately showing he can fill the role.

Agree with that.

We don't have many player's in our midfield who can run and carry the pill. Farren is one of these, but of course he needs to improve his decision making and awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with that.

We don't have many player's in our midfield who can run and carry the pill. Farren is one of these, but of course he needs to improve his decision making and awareness.

I think he has shown in the past that his awareness is good, just that on a couple of occasions where he has been run down, like that one a couple of weeks ago, that it was more a case of zero talk from his team mates.
I think his decision making is generally good, it's his disposal that lets him down. I think he is very important to the side, and I think people forget that he did in fact have a pretty serious injury.

I think his decision making is generally good, it's his disposal that lets him down. I think he is very important to the side, and I think people forget that he did in fact have a pretty serious injury.
I'd get more specific - his disposal isn't too bad, however his disposal under pressure is poor (often very poor). Our forwardline doesn't always have a tall marking target there, so a poor inside 50 kick really becomes magnified.

I'd get more specific - his disposal isn't too bad, however his disposal under pressure is poor (often very poor). Our forwardline doesn't always have a tall marking target there, so a poor inside 50 kick really becomes magnified.

Yes, you would be correct. Anyway, I would definitely say that Farren Ray is important to the overall structure of the side.

i dont think faz will be going anywhere, nor do i think Tiller will or Wight, skipper and Lynch are gone though imo..and i think we should only trade for draft picks because there wont be any decent KPF available within our price range

Well he has taken the text talk out of his posts so things are on the way up :).

BTW, he is a neighbour of yours. How many doggie supporters in Woodend? Isn't Cam Wight from up that neck of the woods, or he is more south?
No he is not a neighbour of mine.

I dont know about Wight, but I have seen McDougall in Woodend. Apparently he lives in Macedon which is about 5 minutes down the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back