Who will win the 2014 rising star?

Who will win the 2014 rising star award?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From a neutral perspective I can very much see how they are in front of Dunstan, who runs third for me.

Have you seriously watched the other two? They play like 100 gamers. Dunstan plays like the good 10 gamer he is.
Look who you're talking to. All Collingwood players are inferior to any other club.

Look who you're talking to. All Collingwood players are inferior to any other club.
I know, there's little point engaging in the back and forth, but I might as well say what I want to.

While I've got an Essendon supporter here, how's Zach Merrett tracking? He's looked fairly comfortable on the 6 or 7 occasions I've watched Essendon play live this season.

I know, there's little point engaging in the back and forth, but I might as well say what I want to.

While I've got an Essendon supporter here, how's Zach Merrett tracking? He's looked fairly comfortable on the 6 or 7 occasions I've watched Essendon play live this season.
Bloke is a freakin gun.

From a neutral perspective I can very much see how they are in front of Dunstan, who runs third for me.

Have you seriously watched the other two? They play like 100 gamers. Dunstan plays like the good 10 gamer he is.

Are you serious? Dunstan looks like he's been part of a AFL midfield for years . His work inside is that of a seasoned mid.

We're stoked with him, plays like a young Sam Mitchell
I can say the same for our own Nathan Hrovat (recruited at #21 in the 2012 draft) but we're playing him as a forward - he's kicking goals, but completely wasted when some of our decision making is so poor through the middle. Would be a Rising Star chance in a better team.

I can say the same for our own Nathan Hrovat (recruited at #21 in the 2012 draft) but we're playing him as a forward - he's kicking goals, but completely wasted when some of our decision making is so poor through the middle. Would be a Rising Star chance in a better team.
I like him as well, originally for his great name but he seems like a good player.

Langdon for sure. Probably top 8-10 in the Pies BnF at the moment. Dunstan hasn't dominated a game like Langdon has.

you have to take in consideration of their positions. Kolo and landgon seagull of the half back line with uncontested ball, Dunstan is in congestion and by his stats he has been impressive.

you have to take in consideration of their positions. Kolo and landgon seagull of the half back line with uncontested ball, Dunstan is in congestion and by his stats he has been impressive.

I honestly believe people misuse stats all the time. Just because they Seagull does not mean their influence is diminished.

Langdon for sure. Probably top 8-10 in the Pies BnF at the moment. Dunstan hasn't dominated a game like Langdon has.

You haven't watched much of Dunstan then. The bloke just hits the packs and the contest time and again . Has kicked goals and has averaged around twenty a game

I think Brisbane has picked up the new Pendlebury in Aish - his poise with the ball at his age is very impressive and he has the skill set to execute what ever he wants. Then we have a mix between Harvey and Mitchell in Taylor - kicks accurately off both feet and has pace to burn.

Kolojashnij wins it for me at this point in time tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far this season I've heard Aish, Bontempelli and Billings are the next Pendlebury's
Really? Those two play nothing like him... Billings has been forward all year and has a great kick on him but hasn't shown much in the midfield yet. Bonts looks to have a body shape closer to a KKP to me, wasn't overly impressive with the ball in his hands on the weekend as well. Maybe he is closer to the Adam Goodes type of player?

Really? Those two play nothing like him... Billings has been forward all year and has a great kick on him but hasn't shown much in the midfield yet. Bonts looks to have a body shape closer to a KKP to me, wasn't overly impressive with the ball in his hands on the weekend as well. Maybe he is closer to the Adam Goodes type of player?
I think the supporters need to set realistic targets. Get to the level Heppell is at right now, then maybe Pendlebury down the track

So far this season I've heard Aish, Bontempelli and Billings are the next Pendlebury's
Pendlebury is the model comparison for anyone who has time, space and an ounce of class. With no disrespect to Aish, Bonts or Billings, the Pendlebury comparison is thrown around very loosely

Pendlebury is the model comparison for anyone who has time, space and an ounce of class. With no disrespect to Aish, Bonts or Billings, the Pendlebury comparison is thrown around very loosely

This. It happens in every sport with the best players. How often do you hear about 'the next Messi'.

Contested possession %

Luke Dunstan - 39.81%
Tom Langdon - 34.65%
Kade Kolodjashnij - 27.81%

Difference is pronounced between Dunstan and KK, but considering their different roles, the gap isn't that wide between Dunstan and Langdon in this department. For an inside midfielder, Dunstan really doesn't get that high a percentage of contested footy. Obviously very early days, but most proper inside mids are around the 45-50% range, with the elite being in the 50-55% range.

Contested possession %

Luke Dunstan - 39.81%
Tom Langdon - 34.65%
Kade Kolodjashnij - 27.81%

Difference is pronounced between Dunstan and KK, but considering their different roles, the gap isn't that wide between Dunstan and Langdon in this department. For an inside midfielder, Dunstan really doesn't get that high a percentage of contested footy. Obviously very early days, but most proper inside mids are around the 45-50% range, with the elite being in the 50-55% range.

Dunstan has a better contested possession percentage and average per game than Joel Selwood did in his first season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will win the 2014 rising star?

Back