Who's closer to a flag? Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Who's closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been thinking about this recently with people saying Brisbane's window looks like closing, while Gold Coast's window looks like opening.

In my opinion it's hard to see either side winning silverware in the near future but I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

Who do you think is closer to a flag?

I've been thinking about this recently with people saying Brisbane's window looks like closing, while Gold Coast's window looks like opening.

In my opinion it's hard to see either side winning silverware in the near future but I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

Brisbane have been top 4 since 2019 without anything to show for it this current group maybe has another shot at it.

No issue for their future many quality F/S coming up so while they will be a drop as they will get younger i would still say Brisbane is closer Gold Coast hasnt even made the 8 yet.

Brisbane have been top 4 since 2019 without anything to show for it this current group maybe has another shot at it.

No issue for their future many quality F/S coming up so while they will be a drop as they will get younger i would still say Brisbane is closer Gold Coast hasnt even made the 8 yet.
Harsh mate...

Brisbane are not Essendon.

Brisbane have won a few finals since 2019.

It is premature to say that.

Brisbane though they may need a change of coach to finally get there. I don't mind Fagan I just am suspect whether he's the one to get them to take the next step.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are closer. Don’t know if they’ll get any closer than they are.

With their list, they have underachieved. On paper, their list is excellent.
Suns might go past the Lions soon, list is absolutely chock full of talent including 15 first round draft picks and Hardwick is a far better coach than Fagan.

Suns might go past the Lions soon, list is absolutely chock full of talent including 15 first round draft picks and Hardwick is a far better coach than Fagan.

Suns are probably 3 years off being that top 4 team yet. They are still looking poor on the road, but it seems inevitable they will get there this time. Brisbane should still have a better shot next season, but yeah beyond that it should be Gold Coast.

Brisbane might win it this year while GC are still a few years away from contending. Just need to play a final first.
Good point.

This isn't like the good old days of the 1995-2010 period where a non Vic side just needed 12 wins to make finals.

There was some flexibility too. 8-10 of those 12 wins were home wins and 2-4 wins were away wins vs bottom 6 sides.

Gold coast won't get that path often

Good point.

This isn't like the good old days of the 1995-2010 period where a non Vic side just needed 12 wins to make finals.

There was some flexibility too. 8-10 of those 12 wins were home wins and 2-4 wins were away wins vs bottom 6 sides.

Gold coast won't get that path often
I think it's mostly mental. Like sure, grounds have different dimensions and conditions, but aside from that it's all psychological, between the ears. Adjusting to the routine etc. They just need strong leadership too. Maybe get a senior vet from another club who was in a leadership role, not like some Messiah like Gaz Jnr, but to provide that leadership. I think they have the potential to play finals next year if they work on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's closer to a flag? Brisbane or Gold Coast?

Back