Who's closer to a flag? Fremantle or West Coast?

Who's closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
No WA side making the finals in 2023/2024 means this is the first time since 2008/2009 that no WA side has made the finals for two consecutive seasons.
Before that you have to go back to 2000/2001 to find consecutive seasons where no WA side made the finals.

Next year should see a WA side return to the finals, and you'd think Fremantle are the most likely out of the two to return to finals first.
I do have a feeling that West Coast are closer to a flag though, especially if they keep Harley Reid as he is a generational superstar you can build your team around.

Who do you think is closer to a flag?
Fremantle or West Coast?

This is a topic that many Fremantle people don't like to discuss, and every time it's raised on our board and I give my opinion I get the usual morons potting me for being a freagle or whatever the insult of the day for fake freo supporters is.

The answer is West Coast, because although we clearly have the better list, it takes a club to win a premiership. From the president and the board, to the CEO, to the football manager, coach, players and down to the boot studder. So until we actually prove we can win one, it's them, because they've won four and have proven they have the capacity to actually do it, when all we do is ****ing talk about it.

But once we finally do win one, look out

What makes you say that?
North took 50 years to win their first flag, so there is still time for the Dockers.
Nah.... It's way too hard for the dockers to win one.

Too many obstacles for Freo to win. This is the AFL. The AFL would rather certain Victorian sides to win the flag or even make finals over the dockers

I'd love it to be Freo but WCE have the results on the board and history of rebounding quickly (I don't think it will be very quick this time)
Laws of averages say west coast. But if the umpires and AFL gives us a fair go, not to mention Freo has some "luck" like certain Vic clubs do, dockers might get a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's closer to a flag? Fremantle or West Coast?

Back