Who's still on the bandwagon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I see DR jumped ship last night, along with a few other less notables, how many left?

I'll stay on for the rest of this season which will include more heartbreak, a few wins against favored opposition and an eventual 10th place finish.:(

A bandwagon is defined as a popular cause so surely the bandwagon in question here is "sack Laidley" rather than retain him.

If we play the kids we have some hope, they are the only ones playing effective football.

Spot on. At least this way we have an excuse for poor play just like other clubs do who are playing youngsters.

The younger players appear to have a mindset of wanting to take the game on, not shut it down as per Laidleys defensive mind set.
I think Laidley is stifling their mindset with defensive crap which makes them so confused they freeze up instead of keeping the ball moving.
They must be encouraged to take the game on at any cost, keep the ball moving.
Unfortunately this does not appear to be happening.

I will always be on the bandwagon no matter what happens or how painful it becomes. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

I will always be on the bandwagon no matter what happens or how painful it becomes. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been on the North bandwagon for over 30 years and I'm not about to jump off because the going has got tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I'm on the bandwagon, but anticipate a tough year. Would like to see more kids played so as to be looking forward. I can't see Laidley being here in 2010. I'm not anti Laidley but he has had his time and doesn't present a positive future.

Spot on. At least this way we have an excuse for poor play just like other clubs do who are playing youngsters.

The younger players appear to have a mindset of wanting to take the game on, not shut it down as per Laidleys defensive mind set.
I think Laidley is stifling their mindset with defensive crap which makes them so confused they freeze up instead of keeping the ball moving.
They must be encouraged to take the game on at any cost, keep the ball moving.
Unfortunately this does not appear to be happening.

I'm definitely on for playing the youngsters for future success. But let's not kid ourselves here. If we had played the same style of footy last night against the Tigers as we did against the Bombers we would have won (most likely). As it was, we sent out a much more attacking type team and appeared to try and take the Tigers on. Once Harvey/Spud went the wheels fell off. In the end our sheer inability to convert shots on goal sapped the very life out of us. Right up until into to last quarter we were in with a shot but butchered our shots on goal. Our complete inability to exercise any degree of scoreboard pressure let the Tigers completely off the hook. In a way the match was very like the Port game in Round 22 last season, i.e. we started like millionaires and looked like we were going to thump them. Then we eased off, suffered injuries and let a very vulnerable opponent off the hook.

I'm definitely on for playing the youngsters for future success. But let's not kid ourselves here. If we had played the same style of footy last night against the Tigers as we did against the Bombers we would have won (most likely). As it was, we sent out a much more attacking type team and appeared to try and take the Tigers on. Once Harvey/Spud went the wheels fell off. In the end our sheer inability to convert shots on goal sapped the very life out of us. Right up until into to last quarter we were in with a shot but butchered our shots on goal. Our complete inability to exercise any degree of scoreboard pressure let the Tigers completely off the hook. In a way the match was very like the Port game in Round 22 last season, i.e. we started like millionaires and looked like we were going to thump them. Then we eased off, suffered injuries and let a very vulnerable opponent off the hook.

Most of our midfielders are crabs though, they go sideways. How often do we get a center clearance and go forwards with any kind of purpose? By purpose I mean more than just banging it long and hoping rather than directing it to a player.

The senior players can't or wont go forwards out of the middle.

The young kids are our only real hope because they haven't been conditioned into the ultra defensive crap. When Simmo or Rawlings get the ball, it is just instinct to go sideways or backwards. To be attacking you need attacking players.

It may seem sensible footy to retain the ball by going backwards but by the time you swing around and link up with the flank options and go forward we already have 10+ people in our forward 50.

Yeah sorry about the ambiguity of the thread title, I meant the Dean Laidley for coach bandwagon, who's still left on?
Plenty of seats available.

Im off the the Laidley Bandwagon thats for sure.
Time for a change.

I drive two hours to get to a game and my last three were the final against the cats, the final against Port and this week against the Tigers. Unfortunately I have already arranged to go to the collingwood game.

I just cant watch a team that ignores the corridor, butchers the ball into forward 50 and takes to long to move the ball forward.

ill always be a supporter but I cant watch that every week

Go Roos

Yeah sorry about the ambiguity of the thread title, I meant the Dean Laidley for coach bandwagon, who's still left on?
Plenty of seats available.

I don't think I was ever on, not getting on now. I don't like bandwagons. He just hasn't grown as a coach, same flaws he had early in the gig he still has now, pretty much sums up where the players are at as well.

I don't think I was ever on, not getting on now. I don't like bandwagons. He just hasn't grown as a coach, same flaws he had early in the gig he still has now, pretty much sums up where the players are at as well.
C'mon Zvin, I'm on the Hansen and Ziebell bandwagon, seats filling fast btw.

C'mon Zvin, I'm on the Hansen and Ziebell bandwagon, seats filling fast btw.

I've always had high hopes for Hansen despite the trash people have written about him last few years, he didn't have a big frame so was always going to take longer to develop, his year to date was pretty good.

Ziebell has massive potential but seeing him lift up the ball deep on the wing was as deflating as it gets, seeing him poisoned already to play the shitful style of footy just makes me wonder if we are going to turn him into another Wells in 2 or 3 years.

I've always had high hopes for Hansen despite the trash people have written about him last few years, he didn't have a big frame so was always going to take longer to develop, his year to date was pretty good.

Ziebell has massive potential but seeing him lift up the ball deep on the wing was as deflating as it gets, seeing him poisoned already to play the shitful style of footy just makes me wonder if we are going to turn him into another Wells in 2 or 3 years.

I have one thing to say to that, Sack Dean Laidley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's still on the bandwagon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back