Why are Essendon playing for premiership points in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
THis is a disgrace and has turned the AFL into a farce,

They have admitted to taking banned substances under the ASADA code.

They should be banned from playing for premiership points and the players that have admitted using these drugs should be banned NOW.

Why are Essendon being treated so leniently by the AFL

maybe the op and others who agree should go to afl house and ask them. you never know you might get an answer from someone who actually knows something.

Because the AFL won't implement any punishments until the investigation, which will most likely drag on for a couple of months, is completed.

If the team is sanctioned with the inability to play for premiership points then I would expect it to take effect in 2014 not 2013.

THis is a disgrace and has turned the AFL into a farce,

They have admitted to taking banned substances under the ASADA code.

They should be banned from playing for premiership points and the players that have admitted using these drugs should be banned NOW.

Why are Essendon being treated so leniently by the AFL

I should be just cutting and pasting this reply....

1) no players have admitted to using AOD. Name them, who are they? Until the players are named, who do you ban?

2) Essendon has not stated 6 players took AOD. They lawyers have confirmed the club used AOD (they were arguing it was allowed to be taken, and would only do this if it was actually taken). The statement on six players is 100% a media report only, with no quote or reference from anyone at EFC.

3) The players have the right to defend themselves. Even if EFC name names, the players may argue that they never received the supplement. Its their right. Until they plead guilty, they are entitled to the opportunity to defend themselves (there is no positive test remember).

4) People here honestly believe EFC will sacrifice 6 innocent players to protect their better ones. This is exactly the reason the individual is entitled to a proper defense, just because EFC say it happened, doesn't mean it did.

Be patient, heads will (sadly) roll soon enough. The players are the victims in this, and its sad some celebrate their potential bannings so gleefully.

Why should our 2013 season be punished when no offences have taken place in 2013?

Jesus.

Why did Carlton get punished for the salary cap breaches after they occurred

Why did Melbourne get fined for tanking in 2012 when it occurred in 2009

You pumped your players full of banned substances but you don't think a punishment is required?

You pumped your players full of banned substances but you don't think a punishment is required?

Club will be punished if guilty, but like CFC and MFC no points should be deducted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't see the difference between a fine and punish a club by playing for no points in a year where they have doing nothing wrong?

Take away Essendon's points in 2012, I couldn't give a shit, not this year though.

You don't see the difference between a fine and punish a club by playing for no points in a year where they have doing nothing wrong?

Take away Essendon's points in 2012, I couldn't give a shit, not this year though.

Lol yeah that should be apt.

Be patient, heads will (sadly) roll soon enough. The players are the victims in this, and its sad some celebrate their potential bannings so gleefully.

This and this.

I can understand people wanting Essendon to be punished in all this. Fair enough.

What I can't understand is how people actually want players to get rubbed out in this situation. This could end careers for players, in these circumstances, that would be terrible.

Honestly are people so ******ed that they actually think the AFL will strip points off Essendon for 2013 ?

It really takes a special brand of stupid for someone to actually believe this.

Can the morons who want this to happen think about a couple of things.
1. The broadcasters (yes the ones that paid the AFL hundered of millions of dollars) are hardly going to want to have a team playing for no points given the impact on its audience.
2. The sponsors are not going to want to have their product that they paid tens of thousands of dollars for in advertising go out to a diminished audience. Lets face it, who is going to want to watch Essendon v Nth Melb on a Friday night battle it out for no points.
3. Nobody has even been found guilty of anything yet.
4. Demetriou has said the 2013 team will not be punished in terms of points.
5. Does Melbourne get docked for premiership points as well? And if not, why not?

Can any of the trolls here care to explain why Essendon should get docked points?
And before anyone is stupid enough to say that its because their performance has improved, then can they please explain why Melbourne's performance is so woeful and why Jack Trengove in particular has under-performed.

Honestly some of you should be embarrassed at how stupid you sound.

Do you honestly think that's a meaningful punishment if Essendon is found guilty?

mmm. that would be crippling to ess if they lost last years points.:rolleyes:
what if you'd won the flag would u still agree?

Yeah, That's the sort of stance we need codes to take against bending the rules.

Brilliant.

I hearby announce that all Hawthorn players were snorting coke before the game in 2007.

Take our points boys, we never deserved them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Essendon playing for premiership points in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back