Why are Essendon playing for premiership points in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

mmm. that would be crippling to ess if they lost last years points.:rolleyes:
what if you'd won the flag would u still agree?

It's the logical solution. Hell, I don't want to lose our points for last year, we haven't won a spoon since around the 1940's.

Yeah, That's the sort of stance we need codes to take against bending the rules.

Brilliant.

I hearby announce that all Hawthorn players were snorting coke before the game in 2007.

Take our points boys, we never deserved them.

If you did it during 2007, then so be it. Or do you think the AFL should wait until we make finals in a season before deciding that that's the season they'll punish us just to make people like you feel better?

It's the logical solution. Hell, I don't want to lose our points for last year, we haven't won a spoon since around the 1940's.

Actually we should take this as a compliemt of sorts.

These trolls obviously think that Essendon are good enough to win the flag this year. Poor darlings are getting into a bit of a lather about it and can't quite comprehend it.

This and this.

I can understand people wanting Essendon to be punished in all this. Fair enough.

What I can't understand is how people actually want players to get rubbed out in this situation. This could end careers for players, in these circumstances, that would be terrible.

Yes people want Essendon punished, myself included. But I think the vast majority dont want players punished... Its more a case that they have to.

You don't see the difference between a fine and punish a club by playing for no points in a year where they have doing nothing wrong?

Take away Essendon's points in 2012, I couldn't give a shit, not this year though.
You don't think last year's drug has effect on players this year?

Yeah, That's the sort of stance we need codes to take against bending the rules.

Brilliant.

I hearby announce that all Hawthorn players were snorting coke before the game in 2007.

Take our points boys, we never deserved them.
the other side of the coin is you're not advocating you get current or future points deducted are you, despite a belief that you broke the rules?

Honestly are people so ******ed that they actually think the AFL will strip points off Essendon for 2013 ?

It really takes a special brand of stupid for someone to actually believe this.

Can the morons who want this to happen think about a couple of things.
1. The broadcasters (yes the ones that paid the AFL hundered of millions of dollars) are hardly going to want to have a team playing for no points given the impact on its audience.
2. The sponsors are not going to want to have their product that they paid tens of thousands of dollars for in advertising go out to a diminished audience. Lets face it, who is going to want to watch Essendon v Nth Melb on a Friday night battle it out for no points.
3. Nobody has even been found guilty of anything yet.
4. Demetriou has said the 2013 team will not be punished in terms of points.
5. Does Melbourne get docked for premiership points as well? And if not, why not?

Can any of the trolls here care to explain why Essendon should get docked points?
And before anyone is stupid enough to say that its because their performance has improved, then can they please explain why Melbourne's performance is so woeful and why Jack Trengove in particular has under-performed.

Honestly some of you should be embarrassed at how stupid you sound.

The only reason I could see why points would be stripped this year if something is sustained, is the afl wanting to quarantine this mess to this year and not have it drag out to the next. I know Vlad said he wouldn't but he says a lot of things. I don't think it's likely though because I don't think this will be resolved this year. No doubt there will be appeals. But I don't think much will come out of this debacle in the wash.

This and this.

I can understand people wanting Essendon to be punished in all this. Fair enough.

What I can't understand is how people actually want players to get rubbed out in this situation. This could end careers for players, in these circumstances, that would be terrible.
I actually agree with this. Those involved in designing this "fitness program" and made player sign waivers should have nothing more to do with sport for the rest of lifes though.

If you did it during 2007, then so be it. Or do you think the AFL should wait until we make finals in a season before deciding that that's the season they'll punish us just to make people like you feel better?
It's not about making people feel better. It's about punishing people when they are caught, whether that is finalised in 24 hours, or in 2 months.

If your kid breaks a vase in your living room, and then hides in the cupboard, only for you to find it in little smashed pieces in 6 months time, do you take away the present he got for his birthday last year, or do you send him straight to his room and ground him for the next 3 weeks?

Essendon are being investigated now. If they are found to be guilty, then the punishment must be handed to them now.

I cannot fathom this belief that because you don't get caught at the time, you should get some sort of special consideration for the present. It defies logic.

Yes people want Essendon punished, myself included. But I think the vast majority dont want players punished... Its more a case that they have to.

Maybe a lot want Essendon punished because its Essendon
Many of us want them punished for using banned substances
That would be the same for me if it were the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about making people feel better. It's about punishing people when they are caught, whether that is finalised in 24 hours, or in 2 months.

If your kid breaks a vase in your living room, and then hides in the cupboard, only for you to find it in little smashed pieces in 6 months time, do you take away the present he got for his birthday last year, or do you send him straight to his room and ground him for the next 3 weeks?

Essendon are being investigated now. If they are found to be guilty, then the punishment must be handed to them now.

I cannot fathom this belief that because you don't get caught at the time, you should get some sort of special consideration for the present. It defies logic.

Yes, because this is comparable to a kid breaking a vase. :rolleyes:

Should an Olympic athlete who has tested positive in a final lose that medal, or should they just lose a medal for the next race they're in instead despite being clean for that event?

Should an Olympic athlete who has tested positive in a final lose that medal, or should they just lose a medal for the next race they're in instead?

FFS they will not be able to compete in the next race. Isn't this the whole point of this thread?

LOL. Do you? You think AOD-9604 just give players a high? Your muscles from last year magically melt away this year? Fat magically reappears in your stomach?

If you knew how it works, then you would know it was used to help heal soft tissue injuries and is not something that seemingly stays in your system forever.

If it was used to gain muscle, wouldn't the entire team use it? :rolleyes:

LOL. Do you? You think AOD-9604 just give players a high? Your muscles from last year magically melt away this year? Fat magically reappears in your stomach?

It's called a change in training.

If CFC and MFC did not get points deducted for deliberate cheating then no way will EFC for a cosmetic cream. There will be other punishment quite possibly. Anyway we've gone over this shit ad nauseum...don't know why i get sucked in...again.

If you knew how it works, then you would know it was used to help heal soft tissue injuries and is not something that seemingly stays in your system forever.

If it was used to gain muscle, wouldn't the entire team use it? :rolleyes:

Seems like you know exactly how it works. What about losing body fat part that you convieniently ignored? Does fat magically reappear in your system once you stop taking AOD-9604?

THis is a disgrace and has turned the AFL into a farce,

They have admitted to taking banned substances under the ASADA code.

They should be banned from playing for premiership points and the players that have admitted using these drugs should be banned NOW.

Why are Essendon being treated so leniently by the AFL
I'm happy you brought this up. It all dates back to an agreement Evans made with AD at an Illuminati meeting. Both were discussing how to corrupt the general public when the topic of drugs in sport came up as a suggestion. AD a noted supporter of drugs, especially of the illicit variety, suggested the best way to continue to hide key Illuminati symbols in plain sight would be for Essendon to commence an in-depth intervention of drugs. Some of which will be purported to be pig brain extract, when on closer inspection really resembles the head of the Baphomet.

Evans, in full agreement, added it would be best for AFL Hall of Fame member and Essendon Champion James Hird to be given a series of cosmetic injections to alter his appearance to be more female, hence representing once again the Baphomet in symbolising the duality of male and female.

Upon finalizing the plans, further agreement would be made that no premiership points would be taken away from Essendon while they were allowed to continue doping, thus extending the time in the spotlight. Time in the spotlight allows the Illuminati to thumb their noses at Christians and the church.

In the end, we have all been played like pawns to allow Evans and AD to please their superiors in the Illuminati.

I should be just cutting and pasting this reply....

1) no players have admitted to using AOD. Name them, who are they? Until the players are named, who do you ban?

2) Essendon has not stated 6 players took AOD. They lawyers have confirmed the club used AOD (they were arguing it was allowed to be taken, and would only do this if it was actually taken). The statement on six players is 100% a media report only, with no quote or reference from anyone at EFC.

3) The players have the right to defend themselves. Even if EFC name names, the players may argue that they never received the supplement. Its their right. Until they plead guilty, they are entitled to the opportunity to defend themselves (there is no positive test remember).

4) People here honestly believe EFC will sacrifice 6 innocent players to protect their better ones. This is exactly the reason the individual is entitled to a proper defense, just because EFC say it happened, doesn't mean it did.

Be patient, heads will (sadly) roll soon enough. The players are the victims in this, and its sad some celebrate their potential bannings so gleefully.

Respect.

Should an Olympic athlete who has tested positive in a final lose that medal, or should they just lose a medal for the next race they're in instead despite being clean for that event?
I tried to make it simple.

If the Olympian is found to have doped in an event in 2011, then they should have anything that they won in that time removed. They should also be banned from the sport instantly(which would fall under the current or 'next' race, as you call it) for a specific time.

According to WADA.
11.1 Testing of Team Sports
Where more than one member of a team in a Team
Sport has been notified of an anti-doping rule
violation under Article 7 in connection with an Event,
the ruling body for the Event shall conduct
appropriate Target Testing of the team during the
Event Period.

11.2 Consequences for Team Sports
If more than two members of a team in a Team Sport
are found to have committed an anti-doping rule
violation during an Event Period, the ruling body of the
Event shall impose an appropriate sanction on the
team (e.g., loss of points, Disqualification from a
Competition or Event, or other sanction) in addition to
any Consequences imposed upon the individual
Athletes committing the anti-doping rule violation.
Loss of points or disqualification.

I know which way I think the AFL will jump if push comes to shove.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Essendon playing for premiership points in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back