Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 89 43.6%
  • Dusty

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
GWS are a very low drawing team.

68k to a final at MCG v Saints last year.

37k to a May Sunday fixture v Pies, who were flag favourites.

28k v us early rounds 2022, Sunday fixture.

20k v reigning premier Demons April 2022.

30k Sunday June fixture v top 4 Pies 2022

You go back firther there are plenty of very low crowds v them.

Only 38k v us Sunday July 2019

14k & 20k v Hawks and Demons same year.

Their top MCG home & away crowd ever was 43k v Pies 2015.

And they have had plenty of crowds under today's figure at the venue.
Lots of excuses
Minnows

You're allegedly big4 and not long ago claiming to be biggest club in the land

Lol a club sitting 18th on the ladder with no hope of making finals who just drew a crowd of 93k to a mid winter fixture v another non-finalist has to explain why they got a par crowd for a Sunday afternoon game in winter.

You might want to rethink that Gavin.

Gavin. :tearsofjoy:

GWS are a very low drawing team.

68k to a final at MCG v Saints last year.

37k to a May Sunday fixture v Pies, who were flag favourites.

28k v us early rounds 2022, Sunday fixture.

20k v reigning premier Demons April 2022.

30k Sunday June fixture v top 4 Pies 2022

You go back firther there are plenty of very low crowds v them.

Only 38k v us Sunday July 2019

14k & 20k v Hawks and Demons same year.

Their top MCG home & away crowd ever was 43k v Pies 2015.

And they have had plenty of crowds under today's figure at the venue.
58k against Collingwood today.
What happened to thick and thin?

Oh no now this, this really is bad. No wonder Geelong didn’t do well in the 20th century. Explains the small supporter base too, eeeww

IMG_2750.png

He just retired dude. Maybe you forget your flag heroes but Richmond people don’t. But to be fair Geelong haven’t had many exciting players.

Don't carry on mate. He retired and then Heeney comes out a plays a quarter of footy for the ages and you try to keep your idol relevant and in the moment.

This is what you will do anytime a current player happens to play a blinder. Back to a Dustin Martin thread and bump you go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a free hit with peanuts like you. Have you actually bothered to recognise Martin’s retirement and contribution to the game, in this thread or another, or are you just one of “those” Geelong fans?
Lazy generalisation, it's almost like you'd rather focus on these attacks rather than actually discussing football.

Lazy generalisation, it's almost like you'd rather focus on these attacks rather than actually discussing football.
Give it a rest. You’re there saying the same about certain Richmond fans but refuse to recognise it in your own tribe. I’m just calling out BS, particularly some troll not “discussing football” but just taking pot shots. And you’ll find me complimentary of Tomahawk in his retirement thread… is that “discussing football” enough for you.

Give it a rest. You’re there saying the same about certain Richmond fans but refuse to recognise it in your own tribe. I’m just calling out BS, particularly some troll not “discussing football” but just taking pot shots. And you’ll find me complimentary of Tomahawk in his retirement thread… is that “discussing football” enough for you.
Be the change you want to see. Your comment "One of those Geelong fans" is pretty much just saying "oh and I've got a real problem with the rest of you too, let's throw s*** at each other in a tribute thread"

Last edited:
Agree, but as others posters have noted, it’s really only been seen as a “significant” advantage when we have been winning a vast majority of games at majority of grounds. I don’t think many bought it up pre 2007 when Geelong was “every 2nd favourite team” through lack of success.

The advantage doesn’t disappear if you are shit. GMHBA just made you less shit.

Also I believe in the early 2010s after your flag you finished 6th but won 100% of your GMHBA games. There is something wrong there that doesn’t happen with other vic clubs and their home grounds I’m not sure about interstate but I doubt that too.

The advantage doesn’t disappear if you are shit. GMHBA just made you less shit.

Also I believe in the early 2010s after your flag you finished 6th but won 100% of your GMHBA games. There is something wrong there that doesn’t happen with other vic clubs and their home grounds I’m not sure about interstate but I doubt that too.
7-0 at Kardinia, yet 8-7 at all other grounds would indicate we were still a good team. Use some critical thinking Falcon

Be the change you want to see. Your comment "One of those Geelong fans" is pretty much just saying "oh and I've got a real problem with the rest of you too, let's throw s*** at each other in a tribute thread"
Have a read again and think about it. Focus on “those” and what that might mean (hint: those and “those” offer different contexts).

7-0 at Kardinia, yet 8-7 at all other grounds would indicate we were still a good team. Use some critical thinking Falcon

That just proves my point the discrepancy is massive. If you were premiers I guess it could make sense but f me you finished 6th.

That just proves my point the discrepancy is massive. If you were premiers I guess it could make sense but f me you finished 6th.
Look at our GMHBA record 1998-2006. It wasn't great. It also hasn't been great the past two years.

What happened in between was we were a very strong club who usually played the poorer teams (especially terrible travelling teams) there for 90% of our home games.

Look at our GMHBA record 1998-2006. It wasn't great. It also hasn't been great the past two years.

What happened in between was we were a very strong club who usually played the poorer teams (especially terrible travelling teams) there for 90% of our home games.

That’s valid but I also remember in 2017 us losing to you guys buy 20-30 points at GMHBA then smashing you guys 2 weeks later by like 50 in the QF at the MCG.

In addition to that the whole 2012-2021 period there was a big discrepancy between top 4 finishes and finals wins. It got to like 3-9 W/L at one point I think.

I’m not trying to have a go or anything they are legit observations that to me is why I can’t bring myself to say Geelong don’t have a massive advantage due to GMHBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back