Why I don't hate Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you compare a regular salary to a footballers? They are elite sportsmen, if you got KO'd at regular work you would be on compo and off work for 6 months, not expected to return to your desk 30 mins later.

Im pretty sure we had to throw alot of money at Tippett to stay here, but that doesnt make him an "individual player"?? These guys have got until they are 30-32 to set themselves up for the rest of their lives. Defenders at the AFC havnt exactly been gifted extra years over recent times either; I didnt see Ben Hart or Jason Torney rewarded with any loyalty from the AFC.

And when exactly did Bock know he was leaving? You obviously know, so please fill us in....?

I'm glad you're so happy when a player lies and then turns his back on the club for $.. Tippett didn't and has missed that chance now, no $ like that will be offered again.. Craig said the amount offered to him was a fair way below GC's offering..

I pay my cash so i can be angry at a player bailing..

I don't just buy the line that everyone has been fed so many times they've started to accept it themselves: "it's a business now".. Keep that attitude and football will become more and more corporatized and BS!!

How does that mean we don't understand football? The guy has been given an incredible amount of support, so this is a complete slap in the face for the club. Yeah good on him for getting a pay rise he hardly deserves, and it is the right choice for him financially obviously, but that doesn't mean it's not a slap in the face considering everything the AFC has done for him.

Yep. Spot on.

i'm just glad he made the honest decision of announcing it before the end of the season. he said he didn't realise the extent of the offer until a couple weeks ago, so over the last couple weeks was probably when he 100% committed to the Suns... i would've been really annoyed if he knew all year that he was definitely going and didn't announce it earlier (but only for the sake of someone like Phil Davis).

it will be disappointing to see him at the Suns next year, but i don't hate Bock. it was mentioned he got offers from a couple victorian clubs, so if he had gone to Victoria, i might've been annoyed (depending on which club it was), but he's nearing the end of his career (probably about 4-5 years left in him), the money is good and he's played over 100 games for us.

I don't hate him. I'll be standing on the boundary line for the first Suns game and boy will I give it to him, but that doesn't change the fact he probably made the decision he had to make for himself and he did the right thing by the club by letting them know once that decision was finalised.

But boy, I'm looking forward to giving him heaps. The supporter in me will always see him as a traitor.

This. I support and am a MEMBER of the Adelaide Football Club. Not an individual football players club. He leaves, seeya. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out and don't expect any sunshine and lollipops from me..

C'mon. You reckon he got a call yesterday? :rolleyes:

I'd rather see him be honest.

How does that mean we don't understand football? The guy has been given an incredible amount of support, so this is a complete slap in the face for the club. Yeah good on him for getting a pay rise he hardly deserves, and it is the right choice for him financially obviously, but that doesn't mean it's not a slap in the face considering everything the AFC has done for him.
Lol, the AFC didn't give Bock all those chances for altruistic purposes. They did it because they rated him as a talent and thought he could play good football for the club. And he did, for a number of years. If the club didn't rate his talent, they would have ditched him. It's how things are done.

Footballers get paid a lot but it's an incredibly fickle industry. If he got injured and the club didn't think he could recover, he'd be gone. Things can turn very quickly. Doubling your wage on a three year deal is a pretty sweet deal and I don't think it's a surprise that he signed.

What a crock of intestine discharge this is! He was pick 25 in the rookie draft. We spent the time and effort on someone deemed by the whole league as not up to it, yet he does this.
The fact GC can just offer him money would that not be a form of restraint of trade? the sought of issue used to bargain for free agency?.
What happened to the salary cap(oh thats right Carlton can break it when stopping SA players returning here)
What happened to the Draft? we got no right to argue for decent compensation for a player that has stitched up all the CHF"s in this league (ALL)
KPP's are priceless, especially hard running one's who make AA.

We are a cash cow to this league, the AFL CEO's arrogance on TV today reinforced that! Bryce Gibbs saga comes flooding back to me at this point!

What a crock of intestine discharge this is! He was pick 25 in the rookie draft. We spent the time and effort on someone deemed by the whole league as not up to it, yet he does this.
The fact GC can just offer him money would that not be a form of restraint of trade? the sought of issue used to bargain for free agency?.
What happened to the salary cap(oh thats right Carlton can break it when stopping SA players returning here)
What happened to the Draft? we got no right to argue for decent compensation for a player that has stitched up all the CHF"s in this league (ALL)
KPP's are priceless, especially hard running one's who make AA.

We are a cash cow to this league, the AFL CEO's arrogance on TV today reinforced that! Bryce Gibbs saga comes flooding back to me at this point!

oh get a grip, or loosen it. whatever.

if the club drafts people for charity, and not for their own reasons, where the frick is my call up??? I demand to know :cool:

the rest of the rant isn't worth commenting.

If Bock didn't leave, I wonder if somebody else would have after being squeezed out of the cap due to the AFC being bled dry by having to push Bock's contract to the absolute limit.

oh get a grip, or loosen it. whatever.

if the club drafts people for charity, and not for their own reasons, where the frick is my call up??? I demand to know :cool:

the rest of the rant isn't worth commenting.

The pom experiment started and ended with Moran.

You're out of luck im afraid.

How can anyone hate Bock for what he's done? I'd jump at that kind of offer in a heartbeat.

That being said, if any of you have any sympathy towards Andrew ****ing Demetriou and the AFL organisation as a whole then you need your heads read.

**** them, they're the real bad guy in all of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that I "hate" Bock, but I am b****y angry that he is going.

However, my hatred is directed towards Vlad and his VFL cronies. They are creating a situation where supporters will lose their long-term love of club, because this is generated thru love of favourite players. I have huge concerms for the direction they are taking our game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why I don't hate Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back