Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean in future we all imagine afl being a different sports. Like we have robot umpires/runners/water boys. iPads in coaches box instead of computers or atleast iMacs. Jerseys with electronic ads. Jerseys that never get dirty. An electronic line up board ( like the whiteboard coaches use now but electronic)

Why hasn't sport (afl) technology evolved at the same rate as technology in real life today. We have iPhones and 3d TVs yet the afl have computers and a corded phones...

We should be at the stage where we have atleast Electronic goal post. That light up after a goal is scored. Or atleast iPads in the coaches box/get rid of white board!!!!

Seriously,
Afl need to stick with the times. The world is evolving yet afl technology is a 4 years behind.

Afl is a rich company yet they fail to invest in things that matter in future.... The most advanced thing afl done is camera on hat.... Not even in built wtf is wrong with them. Such a joke

Last edited:

OP annoyed that sport isn't using made up technology.

Also, no one is using an iPad/tablet for real work these days. They're still more about consuming content. Sure they could display stats, but assistants are using the same machines to code up games.

The only tech needed is high frame rate goal line cameras so we can see if the ball is touched on the line during reviews, instead of guessing from a camera angle half way up the field.
With the goal post it be quite easy to install heat sensitive/motion/touch reading equipment, also the camera used to review goal decisions are a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the umpires are already robots controlled by the AFL and Hawthorn.
Naahh
Have to be one or tbè other, obvious conflict of interest. Afl would want to favour us, their love child, Hawks probably not so much!

Last edited:
I mean in future we all imagine afl being a different sports. Like we have robot umpires/runners/water boys. iPads in coaches box instead of computers or atleast iMacs. Jerseys with electronic ads. Jerseys that never get dirty. An electronic line up board ( like the whiteboard coaches use now but electronic)

Why hasn't sport (afl) technology evolved at the same rate as technology in real life today. We have iPhones and 3d TVs yet the afl have computers and a corded phones...

We should be at the stage where we have atleast Electronic goal post. That light up after a goal is scored. Or atleast iPads in the coaches box/get rid of white board!!!!

Seriously,
Afl need to stick with the times. The world is evolving yet afl technology is a 4 years behind.

Afl is a rich company yet they fail to invest in things that matter in future.... The most advanced thing afl done is camera on hat.... Not even in built wtf is wrong with them. Such a joke

What colour the electronic goal post ? 260 you are a fare dinkyded genius ...

Does OP work for Apple? He's really flogging the iPhone/iPad. I had an iPhone once and it was a piece of shit, will never buy Apple again.
Yeah OP sounds like a paid Apple advertisement. Especially saying coaches should get iMacs instead of computers? An iMac is a computer, just overly expensive because it's white and has an apple drawn on it.

I for one welcome our new robot waterboy overlords

Maybe players can also chase an electronic ball while holding an iPhone each, ala Pokemon Go.

What is in the water in Perth at the moment? Why is it only west coast fans coming up with weird threads?

The only tech that should be in the game right now that isn't, is the goal line technology they have in soccer because apparently putting a camera in a decent place to capture that angle for a review is beyond the AFL.

Robotic water boys? If we are gonna do away with runners, I'd rather see players with a earpiece and a camelbak than seeing robots on the field.

iPads in the coaches box instead of computers? Who the hell cares what they use.

Jerseys that don't get dirty? A few players in the AFL have already come up with that technology.

An electronic whiteboard that is identical to existing boards, just with LED lights? I am so done......

Because everything is better with LEDS! that's why people tune in to t20 cricket, not because of the blokes hitting huge sixes or taking ridiculous catches, it's all about them zing bails baby

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back