Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

Jerseys that don't get dirty? A few players in the AFL have already come up with that technology.

An electronic whiteboard that is identical to existing boards, just with LED lights? I am so done......
LOL. Name names?

I mean in future we all imagine afl being a different sports. Like we have robot umpires/runners/water boys. iPads in coaches box instead of computers or atleast iMacs. Jerseys with electronic ads. Jerseys that never get dirty. An electronic line up board ( like the whiteboard coaches use now but electronic)

Why hasn't sport (afl) technology evolved at the same rate as technology in real life today. We have iPhones and 3d TVs yet the afl have computers and a corded phones...

We should be at the stage where we have atleast Electronic goal post. That light up after a goal is scored. Or atleast iPads in the coaches box/get rid of white board!!!!

Seriously,
Afl need to stick with the times. The world is evolving yet afl technology is a 4 years behind.

Afl is a rich company yet they fail to invest in things that matter in future.... The most advanced thing afl done is camera on hat.... Not even in built wtf is wrong with them. Such a joke
Quickly, I think you mean guernsey not jersey.
And secondly, What?

Agreed. A sport can't really expect to be taken seriously until it has robot waterboys.
ab29c46e641b6a37c419bbd613fe6229.jpg

Each player should carry an iPad Mini to keep up with coach's instructions and track his opponent.

No pr0n though.

Or BigFooty, except at the breaks.

OP annoyed that sport isn't using made up technology.

Also, no one is using an iPad/tablet for real work these days. They're still more about consuming content. Sure they could display stats, but assistants are using the same machines to code up games.

Really?

Speak for yourself - i had an ipad mini and now use an iphone 6+ and i rarely use my desktop physically any more. If something requires more processing power i remote access it from the phone. (Having nbn helps)

Siri can take dictation ten times faster than i can type. The only thing i need to physically sit at the desktop for these days is big screen apps and as a media centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just flat out wrong sorry dude.

Really?

Speak for yourself - i had an ipad mini and now use an iphone 6+ and i rarely use my desktop physically any more. If something requires more processing power i remote access it from the phone. (Having nbn helps)

Siri can take dictation ten times faster than i can type. The only thing i need to physically sit at the desktop for these days is big screen apps and as a media centre.

I was more referring to tasks that involve more than tapping a few buttons on a screen. What industries are using tablets for any reasonably complex tasks?

I was more referring to tasks that involve more than tapping a few buttons on a screen. What industries are using tablets for any reasonably complex tasks?

Define a "reasonably complex" task. If you are referring to something relying on processing power, you would use the server processing and access that from a tablet. If you are referring to everyday work tasks, I can assure you tablets are widely used.

Define a "reasonably complex" task. If you are referring to something relying on processing power, you would use the server processing and access that from a tablet. If you are referring to everyday work tasks, I can assure you tablets are widely used.
Yeah not talking about processing power. I meant anything that requires significant data entry or content creation. Things that an assistant coach would do, like coding game footage would be done more productively with a keyboard for example at this point of time.

Yeah not talking about processing power. I meant anything that requires significant data entry or content creation. Things that an assistant coach would do, like coding game footage would be done more productively with a keyboard for example at this point of time.

There are keyboards for tablets. I get your point that some devices are better than others for some tasks but the original assertion was that people didn't use tablets for working when they in fact use them all the time for work in most industries.

A couple of years ago i was collating every priddis possesion in each game as a video package - was quick and easy to do on ipad - i could knock a match over in twenty minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back