Why Nick Maxwell is the best Captain in the AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jedi01

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2007
Tennant Creek
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because he is the only current Captain of his team to lead them to an AFL flag.

U mad?

nickmaxwell.jpg

It wasn't his leadership that got the ultimate prize.

Probably his far more talented teamates and his teams excellent, well-coached, well-executed gameplan.

Might be a premiership skipper but let's not go putting him in the same bracket as Carey, Voss, Hird and Kernahan.

Still standing by my idea that when Nathan Brown recovers and gets some confidence back into his injured knee, that Maxwell will find himself in the VFL.

How could anyone find a bogan who looked like he just walked (or dropped) out of college inspiring?

If I was the in control I'd drop Maxwell and make Pendles captain.

Have to laugh when Maxwell came out and said he broke a knuckle early in the Grand Final (probably when the 193cm, 93kg Pies skipper was picking a fight with the 177cm, 80kg Mathew Stokes), perhaps to excuse his poor performance in the game, only for Neil Balme to come out two days later and reveal that Joel Selwood suffered the same injury in the Qualifying Final against Hawthorn, but managed to suck it up and play his best ever finals series. :D

Have to laugh when Maxwell came out and said he broke a knuckle early in the Grand Final (probably when the 193cm, 93kg Pies skipper was picking a fight with the 177cm, 80kg Mathew Stokes), perhaps to excuse his poor performance in the game, only for Neil Balme to come out two days later and reveal that Joel Selwood suffered the same injury in the Qualifying Final against Hawthorn, but managed to suck it up and play his best ever finals series. :D

It's funny because Geelong people actually think he is a tough nut.

I pray they make him captain for what is sure to be your next 5-10 years of failure.

No amount of ducking will save him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Selwood makes a speech to a team 6 points behind at half time of the 2009 GF, what happens?

Nick Maxwell makes a speech to a team 7 points behind at 3/4 time of the 2011 GF, what happens?

It's funny because Geelong people actually think he is a tough nut.

I pray they make him captain for what is sure to be your next 5-10 years of failure.

No amount of ducking will save him.

It's not only Geelong people who think he's a tough nut. His peers do too, which is why he's been a past recipient of the AFLPA's Most Courageous Player Award.

What's even funnier is the fact Collingwood supporters believe Nick Maxwell shows good leadership on the field, which is funny considering he acts like a petulant child who has had his lollipop taken off him everytime he gets pinged for obvious free kicks.

...and a current losing Grand Final captain.....

On the $$$... :thumbsu:

Yes many say the 2010 3 quarter time replay speech was the best of all time.

Really? Haven't heard that whopper...
If you would like to link some quotes I reckon many here would be more than happy to read them.

So anyway, what happened to his 2011 3 qtr time speech..?
Fell on deaf ears..??

Tom Harley board

Not a current captain going on your criteria.
Nice self own, doofus... :eek:

It's not only Geelong people who think he's a tough nut. His peers do too, which is why he's been a past recipient of the AFLPA's Most Courageous Player Award.

That was before the players realized those 2,596,374 free kicks a year for 'high' contact are due to him ducking like a coward.

duckwood.jpg

So back on topic, we all know premierships are all that matter and being the only premiership winning captain makes him the best in the game. It's sad due to politics he was not named All Australian captain.

That was before the players realized those 2,596,374 free kicks a year for 'high' contact are due to him ducking like a coward.

duckwood.jpg

So back on topic, we all know premierships are all that matter and being the only premiership winning captain makes him the best in the game. It's sad due to politics he was not named All Australian captain.

I wouldn't point the duck finger to quickly, Many a Collingwaddle player knows how to lay that one on. Its now a regukar tactic used by most AFL players
Maxwell's previously mention petulance would preclude him being named AA captian.

He came 2nd in the norm smith. You really love spewing shit don't you? :)
renowned Rioli finals failure? now thats factual :thumbsu:

You have to excuse HP. He thinks Pendlebury should've been the winner of the Norm Smith medal, despite the fact he was nowhere to be seen after the likes of Bartel, Selwood, Kelly and Chapman turned up the heat on the Pies from midway through the 2nd term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Nick Maxwell is the best Captain in the AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back