RooVegas

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2004
BrisVegas, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Roar
Okay. We've been dancing around the edges on this one in a few other boards. It's time to get it all out in the open. From the ungracious response to Keith Grieg beating KB in the Brownlow Medal race, to that awful Friday night in 95. The reasons are plentiful, but let's be honest, Richmond are the team we love to hate. And stuff it if I'm dismissed as being ungracious in victory..... we won, and it's time to stick the boots in. Why exactly do we hate Richmond so much, and what are your favourite memories of beating the "yellow and black"? I could go on for hours, so I'm curious as to a few others' reasons.

Post your favourites here.

Doesn't matter who it is. Archer is awesome, and even if we miss the finals it is just the best feeling to see someone who is so thoroughly club orientated through and through. When we aarrived at the ground today, a lady said "we don't really have any champions" but I said " Archer is a true champion in every sense of the word. He is a total club man, he is unselfish to the end, he is totally ruthless in chasing the ball and he can defend, he cn kick goals, but most of all he is what our club stands for through and through/. I wish we had 18 Archers. He is just the most unselfish and the most amazing player and I know I speak for many in saing" I think a huge part of North Melbourne will die when Archer retires. He is NORTH MELBOURNE AND we all love him!!!!

The club I love to hate the most. The way they eat there own, the constant boardroom bickering, air your dirty laundry in public, bandwagon jumping thing.

The last home and away game of 96' when we thrashed them in a game they needed to win to make the 8 was especially sweet and is my very favorite Nth v's Tigers memory.

I have a feeling of extreme pleasure that lasts a full week whenever we beat them.

I concur with just about everything in the previous post (though I hate Essendon more). Send off in Round 22 1996 was probably my favourite Richmond moment, closely followed by the come from behind (38 pts down midway through the third quarter) victory in 1995. I think you were actually referring to a Monday night match, as the Friday night games that year we won!

Since the beginning of the 90's we are 20-6 head-to-head with some big wins, so I like the Tiges. :)

I would have to say their supporters & how quickly they jump on the bandwaggon when they are winning & how quickly they turn on their team when they are loosing. Having said that I would have to give Richmond credit where credit is due because they were great from what I believe towards McCartney in the match 2 years ago although I didn't go to it because I was away. They were good towards Mick Martyn a couple of years ago & they always seem to admire Archer. I still love beating them though but I hate Essendon, Sydney & St Kilda more.

It's amazing how they are so passionate (LOUD) still after all the heartbreak they endure. That's the only thing I envy about them. I don't consider them as a HATE or in better terms, LOVE to BEAT, as much as I prefer over Dons, Pies and the Blues. Have a hint of whole lotta respect for the Tiger Cheer Squad with the Jason McCartney game. However there are some at every club that are complete dirtbags. Even one particular Tiger mate I have known for over 25 years that still won't say anything positive about CAREY. Those folk we personally know are the special hatred we keep. I know if I keep sticking it up him, he'll turn on me and the friendship will be forever soured. Sore loser and he knows it.

God, where do start.
My brother barracks for as well as most of my cousins. Been Greeks and bandwagoners what do one expect. :(
My in-laws barrack for them. Lucky for me, have half converted the missus and the kids are roo-kids (suppose it helps if their successful).
The fraca surrounding Kieth Greig's brownlow in 1973/4.
The loss to them in the 1974 GF.

But have had alot of good wins over them to enjoy and stir the rellos with

Hate them there 1 of my favourite teams . When Denis said the other day if i knew where to by a bottle of confidence i would go and buy it. I know where we need to go and thats Punt rd. I just hope another team can relocate their so we can play them 4 times a yr :D . I have a lot of time for the Tigers.

Don't hate them.

Pity them.

Poor pathetic losers.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

salamander said:
The club I love to hate the most. The way they eat there own, the constant boardroom bickering, air your dirty laundry in public, bandwagon jumping thing.

The last home and away game of 96' when we thrashed them in a game they needed to win to make the 8 was especially sweet and is my very favorite Nth v's Tigers memory.

I have a feeling of extreme pleasure that lasts a full week whenever we beat them.
Notice how the long standing BF posters have not bothered
:confused: :rolleyes:

One could lay the mother of all tyrades upon you people but i personally have a lot of respect for the bulk of the nth supporters and i humbly congratulate you on your victory and wish you the best for the rest of the season .

Enough said ......

IDGAF said:
Notice how the long standing BF posters have not bothered
:confused: :rolleyes:

One could lay the mother of all tyrades upon you people but i personally have a lot of respect for the bulk of the nth supporters and i humbly congratulate you on your victory and wish you the best for the rest of the season .

Enough said ......

Respect is good but so is kicking straight. One week in a long life of living the emotional footy rollarcoaster. You know how it goes. :)

I have similar feelings towards Nth supporters IDGAF. It was only 2 days ago I was browing this board and thought to myself that North fans are probably the most reasonable and intelligent fans in the comp who take the good times well, and cop it on the chin when its bad.

This thread if anything shows a latent respect from North fans towards Tigers, a love/hate thing that was born in 1974. This thread shouldn't offend Tigers because in the world of football supporters, hate is the new love.

The Dice Man said:
I have similar feelings towards Nth supporters IDGAF. It was only 2 days ago I was browing this board and thought to myself that North fans are probably the most reasonable and intelligent fans in the comp who take the good times well, and cop it on the chin when its bad.
I do believe that and won`t tar them all with the same "Vegas" brush

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dice Man said:
This thread shouldn't offend Tigers because in the world of football supporters, hate is the new love.
You bet your YELLOW n' BLACK Arse it is. You guys are so LOUD & PASSIONATE that I still envy that element and may that continue in our lifetime. Every club has something special about it and as much as we all love to beat our foes, it ain't the same feeling as playing and beating an insipid Freo outfit. I LOVE my YELLOW n' BLACK in the STATES ! (NFL only)
Very much the North Melbourne of the NFL.

Woodson said:
You bet your YELLOW n' BLACK Arse it is. You guys are so LOUD & PASSIONATE that I still envy that element and may that continue in our lifetime. Every club has something special about it and as much as we all love to beat our foes, it ain't the same feeling as playing and beating an insipid Freo outfit. I LOVE my YELLOW n' BLACK in the STATES ! (NFL only)
Very much the North Melbourne of the NFL.

And I love your club's spirit and it is the one thing I'd most like to inject into my own club.

better stop now, Im starting to feel ill :p

Re: Are you a tortured soul ? Or want OUT ?

The Dice Man said:
And I love your club's spirit and it is the one thing I'd most like to inject into my own club.

better stop now, Im starting to feel ill :p

that's all we got. Everyone Wants Some.

If you want, memberships can be purchased on 1300 36 32 31 still. Take the step and enjoy your footy.

IDGAF said:
Trying to figure out how dutifully congratulating you guys on a victory is " Not taking a trick " Woodson .... enlighten me ?

Some BF supporters who support North (god knows how long they have supportered the club or how old they are) just have a certain disdain for certain clubs as the case with Salamander. it's something we all have to cope with. That's why I say, Not taking a trick, it's always someone that spoiling it. Every club has the good, bad and the ugly supporters. I don't care what others make of me. I believe I know my footy and can play the mind games along with anyone who wants to start the first stir then there are others who can't finish off what they started and that's sad.

I'm appreciative of humble opposition supporters paying compliments but it's whether the same humble opposition supporters willing to not to discriminate against the club coz someone (like Salamander) in this case has made a disdainful remark.

Re: Rollercoaster Rides on

The Dice Man said:
Pass thanks woodson, I quite enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is the RFC, but good luck in your recruitment anyhow.

:p Can't say I didn't try. Maybe see you guys again come September ?

Good Luck and SING IT WITH GUTSO !! Love it !

Woodson said:
I'm appreciative of humble opposition supporters paying compliments but it's whether the same humble opposition supporters willing to not to discriminate against the club coz someone (like Salamander) in this case has made a disdainful remark.
LMAO ...... feel quite certain that Salamander has not impuned my opinions of nth supporters as evidenced in my posts ..... suspect you know that but are just trying to have the last word ... wish granted

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we hate Richmond. Your favourite memories here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back