Why we hate Richmond. Your favourite memories here

Remove this Banner Ad

salamander said:
The club I love to hate the most. The way they eat there own, the constant boardroom bickering, air your dirty laundry in public, bandwagon jumping thing.

The last home and away game of 96' when we thrashed them in a game they needed to win to make the 8 was especially sweet and is my very favorite Nth v's Tigers memory.

I have a feeling of extreme pleasure that lasts a full week whenever we beat them.
the 1974 GF is my favourite too,gee i wonder who we played that day. :D

1st reason:
matthew_richardson,0.jpg

2nd reason:

they are as soft as:

05-butter.jpg

Boomdog45 said:
1st reason:
matthew_richardson,0.jpg

I really don't understand how anyone could hate Richo. The guy is just pure entertainment. When he's switched on, he is great to watch. And when things aren't going right for him, it's even better. In a professional sporting world where players are supposed to keep their emotions in check, he is one of those rare players who wears his heart on his sleeve.

He's one of my favourite opposition players.

Shinboners said:
I really don't understand how anyone could hate Richo. The guy is just pure entertainment. When he's switched on, he is great to watch. And when things aren't going right for him, it's even better. In a professional sporting world where players are supposed to keep their emotions in check, he is one of those rare players who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Totally agree. Lots of people around me yesterday (Outer wing, level 1 members seating) booed him the first time he got it and I couldn't understand why.

Richo in full flight (eg. when he kicked 10 vs WB last season) is great to watch. Let us just hope that he doesn't pull one of those games out against us anytime.

utility said:
I concur with just about everything in the previous post (though I hate Essendon more). Send off in Round 22 1996 was probably my favourite Richmond moment, closely followed by the come from behind (38 pts down midway through the third quarter) victory in 1995. I think you were actually referring to a Monday night match, as the Friday night games that year we won!

Since the beginning of the 90's we are 20-6 head-to-head with some big wins, so I like the Tiges. :)
How many free kicks did Allison get that quarter in front of goal that got you back in teh game. Thats the only reason you won that one. Including the worst free kick of all time to Allison against Nathan Bower where he took the most obvious olympic dive that shamed matthew lloyd.Richmond were utterly robbed that night more than ever so you wern't that good that night.

Nbrown7 said:
How many free kicks did Allison get that quarter in front of goal that got you back in teh game. Thats the only reason you won that one. Including the worst free kick of all time to Allison against Nathan Bower where he took the most obvious olympic dive that shamed matthew lloyd.Richmond were utterly robbed that night more than ever so you wern't that good that night.

Not so. That poor decision :eek: did not effect the result as such as the ROOS earned victory with Carey overpowering display that gave us the win.

So Brett Allison takes A dive. Whoopy do, the Velvet Sledgehammer (Lloyd) had a career of diving for his first few seasons. A significant difference you would think. If Tige supporters like you haven't crossed that bridge yet, no wonder you guys have a 'feral attitude' that turn on each other that give your supporter group a bad name. I happen to appreciate the Tiger CS more than any other club as they have dignity and compassion. I bet you ain't part of the TCS.

Shinboners said:

I must say Richardson is a player I find hard not to like. Sure he is very hot & cold but he wears his heart on his sleeve & I reckon he would be a real good bloke to talk to in the street because he doesn't have a big head. Also has a real loyalty to his club which I admire.

No i reckon richmond are great!

If it wasn't for Richmond I wouldn't have been able to turn around to my cuz and say "******** mate, we're smashing your boys in the middle"

IDGAF said:
Notice how the long standing BF posters have not bothered
:confused: :rolleyes:

One could lay the mother of all tyrades upon you people but i personally have a lot of respect for the bulk of the nth supporters and i humbly congratulate you on your victory and wish you the best for the rest of the season .

Enough said ......

At 2,091 posts IDGAF I'd call you a long standing BF poster?

My feelings about Richmond are purely my own. I'm glad I haven't tarnished your opinion of the vast majority of North Melbourne supporters.

After reading the thread title I simply couldn't resist the temptation to share my thoughts.

Shinboners said:

Spot on Shinners, and Tiger fans don't take this the wrong way, but I think there's a little of Richo in all tiger's fans, sometimes they're good, sometimes bad, but always passionate, and they wear their heart's on their sleeve's, and I respect that.

The Roos and Tigers Club songs are by far the best in league also.

I don,t hate Richmond but i despise Collingworms. I come from a Kanga family but in 1973 my then 6 going on 7 year old brother said to my old man," dad, do North ever win?". Dad replied, " No son not too often". So my brother dec ided to follow the Premiers of that year who turned out to be the Tigers. I personally disowned him but much to my disgust my Grandmother bought him that horrible yellow and black jumper. Luckily for me the 70,s and the last 20 years have been much better for the Kangas and he has gone with me to nearly all of Norths finals and worshipped King Carey like the rest of us. He still follows the Tigers but he doesn't talk about it much! I call him Darth Vader cos he went to the "dark side". And as has been mentioned before the cheersquads effort in the McCartney game has changed my mind on how i look at Richmond supporters!! In the past you would walk over vagrants in the streets of Richmond before a game only to see them next to you in a Tiger scarf at the game then 10 minutes before the end they'd all be traipsing out if the "G" back to their home in the gutters!!! :D Only kidding Most of my mates follow Richmond and i know for a fact that they haven't slept in any gutters for years!!!! Front lawns, Wheelbarrows, scoreboards, under tables but no gutters.

salamander said:
My feelings about Richmond are purely my own. I'm glad I haven't tarnished your opinion of the vast majority of North Melbourne supporters.

After reading the thread title I simply couldn't resist the temptation to share my thoughts.

Good on you salamander. Your thoughts are worth as much as anyone else's on here. For what it's worth, the thread was posted out of curiosity as well as being an obvious (beer inspired) s**t-stir. In the last decade or so, supporters and players alike seem to lift a notch when we play the tiges, and more joy than normal seems to be taken out of beating them. I thought I'd explore why that is.

And as for having a stir, well if we aren't able to have a bit of friendly to-and-fro with the opposition, then we may as well all pack up and go home. A quick scan over the Richmond board on Sunday night would've seen plenty of "I hate North" comments. At the end of the day, if you only want to hear nice things about your team, stick to your own.

Anyway, 'nuff said. Now let me think. Why do I hate Freo..... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RooVegas said:
Good on you salamander. Your thoughts are worth as much as anyone else's on here. For what it's worth, the thread was posted out of curiosity as well as being an obvious (beer inspired) s**t-stir. In the last decade or so, supporters and players alike seem to lift a notch when we play the tiges, and more joy than normal seems to be taken out of beating them. I thought I'd explore why that is.

Spewin' we only play them once this year........

Hope it's not to late to add Pahoff and KB to my original list of reasons why I hate Richmond......

I find Richmond amusing. Nothing more.

NorthBhoy said:
I find Richmond amusing. Nothing more.

agree 100%... the competition would be all the more poorer without there prescence.

fav memories.

rich v adel last quarter a few years back... 90 odd points up and 2 richmond fans going toe-to-toe in othe outer!!!!! only the tiger army.

1991 richmond kick 1st goal of match inside 15 seconds... we kick next 13 of the quarter!!!!!!

finals game in '95 crowd off 66k with those yellow flags???? it was an awesome sight, the minute s.turner went to the great one you kinda new the game was over....

can we play them every week please?

salamander said:
The club I love to hate the most. The way they eat there own, the constant boardroom bickering, air your dirty laundry in public, bandwagon jumping thing.

The last home and away game of 96' when we thrashed them in a game they needed to win to make the 8 was especially sweet and is my very favorite Nth v's Tigers memory.

I have a feeling of extreme pleasure that lasts a full week whenever we beat them.

u only beat us by about 5 goals u idiot

1st Quarter, Round 4, 1995.....Raining Yellow and Black goals. Richmond players were kicking them out of their @rses all over the place. If my memory serves me well, we actually were pretty even scorewise for quarters 2-4 and still lost by 49 points.

'nuff said

Remove this Banner Ad

Why we hate Richmond. Your favourite memories here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back