Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

So a little history on the area since I did my rn practical at Tara hospital for my rural placement which is only 20 mins away.

The locals call these people blockies. The government pretty much handed the land out in the 80's and 90's talking 10k for 100 acres the properties are full of csg wells. There are no utilities available they all live off grid. Most of them were all right but alot of crazies and unwanted.

I vowed never to return to the area once my prac was done. The people and area honestly scared me. Was not shocked to hear about this.

Really horrible stuff this. So sad for the young police who died, and their families. Also spare a thought for the senior police who sent them out there. Then the random neighbour caught up in it.

We don't want a society where our police force are in constant fear of their lives when they are doing their job. Look what that does to them in the US.

Shooting the perps dead was the right thing to do from an overall safety point of view, but it would have been great to take them alive and really make them pay a long, cold price for this.

So a little history on the area since I did my rn practical at Tara hospital for my rural placement which is only 20 mins away.

The locals call these people blockies. The government pretty much handed the land out in the 80's and 90's talking 10k for 100 acres the properties are full of csg wells. There are no utilities available they all live off grid. Most of them were all right but alot of crazies and unwanted.

I vowed never to return to the area once my prac was done. The people and area honestly scared me. Was not shocked to hear about this.

sounds like the script of a horror film.

I'm at a loss at how the other two officers escaped, particularly the one who was hiding in the bushland while they tried to find her. Incredibly courageous, all of them.

In all the commentary previously about the guy being missing, there has been no mention of any violence or criminal ties so doesn't seem to have been any reason (based on info to date) for it to have been anymore than a routine check so the family in Dubbo can calm down.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get that but the fact that his brother was with him indicates (admittedly early in the investigation) that he was never really missing and at least one of his family members was in on it and sent false signals to get police out there to shoot them.

So if nsw pol were convinced by the family that he was in qld (which they must have been to sent qld pol to that location) they were clearly hoodwinked. What independent evidence did they look for to indicate he was in qld (rather than just take the familys word for it) and how credible was this evidence is what needs to be investigated. I suspect a lot more will come out that doesnt look great for nsw pol.

I'm at a loss at how the other two officers escaped, particularly the one who was hiding in the bushland while they tried to find her. Incredibly courageous, all of them.

Sounds like she tried to hide herself while waiting for backup as she was young and outgunned. Unfortunately when they lit a fire to draw her out it drew a civilian to go look at it and he died for it.

Does it suggest they deliberately lured the cops in for no other reason than to kill them?

We need to wait for a full investigation but unless theres some evidence all three offenders were having a severe psychotic break etc then it looks that way.
Hiding dressed in camo (to conceal),firing as soon as officers came, using fire to draw out the remaining officer to shoot her. These are all urban warfare/military tactics (although thesedays you can pick up half of them from tv and video games) and indicate pre planning..it doesnt look like heat of the moment stuff.

We need to wait for a full investigation but unless theres some evidence all three offenders were having a severe psychotic break etc then it looks that way.
Hiding dressed in camo (to conceal),firing as soon as officers came, using fire to draw out the remaining officer to shoot her. These are all urban warfare/military tactics (although thesedays you can pick up half of them from tv and video games) and indicate pre planning..it doesnt look like heat of the moment stuff.

sounds like they are just a bunch of rednecks who hates cops.

Very rare for 3 people to all have a simultaneous breakdown.

This seems planned.

So it seems that Nathaniel had gone from a prestigious position as school principal to cold blooded killer in the space of 12 months.

Off the grid for that 12 months one can only guess what happened to drive him (and his brother) to do this. However the fact they were in camo gear with semi automatic weapons when police came calling suggests this wasn’t a coincidence, but were an intended target.

This seems planned.

Yeah i agree..mental illness is possible but it would be rare for all 3 people to have a psychotic break at the same time unless there are other factors involved.
I suppose its possible its a cult type scenario and they were all in the same cult or cell (rather than mental illness) but either way it looks deliberate and planned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like she tried to hide herself while waiting for backup as she was young and outgunned. Unfortunately when they lit a fire to draw her out it drew a civilian to go look at it and he died for it.

Oh that's what I mean - I'm shocked she managed to survive after the fire was lit. I wonder if the fire simply didn't spread to where she was hiding thankfully.

Oh that's what I mean - I'm shocked she managed to survive after the fire was lit. I wonder if the fire simply didn't spread to where she was hiding thankfully.

They set a car on fire as well, trying to flush her out on fear and smoke I think. Soon as she moves they can get a bead, if she coughs they can hear her.

She was very brave, kept her wits and didn't panic.

Yeah i agree..mental illness is possible but it would be rare for all 3 people to have a psychotic break at the same time unless there are other factors involved.
I suppose its possible its a cult type scenario and they were all in the same cult or cell (rather than mental illness) but either way it looks deliberate and planned.

i think if you are willing to shoot anyone let alone police than you are by definition mentally ill.

this scenario clearly seems premeditated and planned out, its just crazy to think there are these types of people in Australia. This is something you would expect to read about coming out from the US.

Na bugger that, leads cheaper than propping those wastes of space up in jail for life

They must have known, they were essentially committing suicide. Not chance they were leaving that property alive.

This seems planned.
You took the words right out of my mouth.! What sort of people hide camo'd with semi automatic weapons simply to gun down anyone who walks into the place?

Quote AJ1992 "

This sounds like a horror film. People who are partly detached from society. Drugs or Physco's and the way these people were shot and executed makes you wonder why they were never ear marked as dangers to society. Sad that the Officers were perhaps not warned about who they were dealing with?

there was 1 article that mentioned one of Nathaniel's relatives had a strong hatrid for police, im going to assume this was the brother who's residence it was.

there was 1 article that mentioned one of Nathaniel's relatives had a strong hatrid for police, im going to assume this was the brother who's residence it was.
Yes correct a Blockie he was called referring to how these people got these land allotments. How do you go from School Principal to this?

Bizarre, horrific one.

Missing person. Four cops go to his brother and sister-in-law's place to investigate - all three are there.

Police are shot at. Two are wounded and two escape.

The two wounded are then executed with headshots as they lay.

One of the other cops escaped into long grass. A fire was lit to burn her out. A neighbour attended upon seeing the fire and was shot dead.

It seems like some sort of terrorist attack. The motive behind it totally unclear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Wiembilla Shootings * Coronial Inquiry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back