Will ASADA/WADA appeal? - UPDATE: ASADA will not appeal - WADA has appealed

Will ASADA/WADA appeal?

• Yes

Votes: 256 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if it will be family reasons, or to pursue other interests, but I reckon Ben McDevitt will be "Standing down" pretty soon.

Those comments are disgraceful and completely inappropriate from somebody in his position.

He's actually sooking.

Strange you think that, what actually has he done that is so wrong, Dank has proclaimed on more than one occasion there are detailed records, and Essendon were in possession of them.

After reading the reasons the 3 stooges dismissed the evidence I really hope WADA step in now.

I do hope that 60 minutes or 4 corners is working on (another) investigative story.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss... only I hope that it's not 60 minutes.

Strange you think that, what actually has he done that is so wrong, Dank has proclaimed on more than one occasion there are detailed records, and Essendon were in possession of them.

After reading the reasons the 3 stooges dismissed the evidence I really hope WADA step in now.

And here's the good news to head to CAS. If they can subpoena, take meta data from essendon and AFL servers. It would be very interesting to see what lies in there

not in todays sporting environment. Doping 45 players without their knowledge, especially after this recent case, would be all but impossible

Why, your club has proven how easy it is. Just destroy the records and tell them its the good gear, the coach and sport science guy are all urging the players that everything is above board.

The precedent has been set.

Oh Dank says, does he?

Dank also says that the Thymosin batch in question was ruined, and he had it destroyed. Dank also says that he purchased Thymomodulin on three separate occasions from Alavi. Dank also says that he didn't administer a banned substance.

It's funny how credible Dank becomes sometimes, depending on what he is saying.

Players, not club. And you turn a blind eye to the players health being put at risk, as long as they can continue playing.:rolleyes:
can you stop using up all the eye roll emoticons pls? Other people might occasionally want to look like dildo's too you know

Why the confidence?
because they failed to get any part of their case up. The whole thing was based on a strategy of bluff and bullying by McDevitt. I think he honestly imagined that the strong-arm tactics would work and he'd get a negotiated outcome like the NRL - I believe the "gold stamp" of Downes and Young was nothing more than posturing to achieve this result.

The fact they've had their bluff called and repudiated so emphatically means it's pretty obvious they have nowhere to go. Not sure why anyone thinks an appeal by WADA is going to get a different result. They'll have the exact same shoddy evidence to work with.

Nope, it's all over red rover.

Sign that appeals are considered unlikely and they'd like to pursue other angles?

I mean, they seem pretty adamant that they believe Essendon were Up To No Good(tm) and this is the first time we've heard of them attempting this angle?
absolutely, except not actually considering other angles. They are displaying all the classic traits of someone who has had their bluff called and are flinging the toys our of the cot. It's fairly unedifying to be honest

Oh Dank says, does he?

Dank also says that the Thymosin batch in question was ruined, and he had it destroyed. Dank also says that he purchased Thymomodulin on three separate occasions from Alavi. Dank also says that he didn't administer a banned substance.

It's funny how credible Dank becomes sometimes, depending on what he is saying.

I didn't say dank was reliable, far from it.

Fact is, it is inconceivable that no records were kept during this doping programme.

Dank was patting himself on the back during the Age interview, re the immunosuppression qualities found in TB4.

He didn't administer a banned substance because he didn't believe it was banned, and he still doesn't believe it should be banned.

Did Alavi lie

Did Charters lie

Did Alavi's assistant lie

or was the AFL fix well and truly in, because they cant afford to have Essendon out of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Essendon was smart, destroy incriminating evidence and there's nothing to prove, they played it well tbh.

There's no proof whatsoever that we destroyed anything. We handed over all pcs and phones.

What I don't understand in all this is two ex-judges reviewed the case evidence and recommended ASADA to proceed. Did they just have a different view of what constitutes comfortable satisfaction compared to the tribunal?
My advice on Downes is those reviews would 'green light' a possible case, since for the most part he is not a decision maker. The AAT, ASADA's CEO, Tribunal, Appeals tribunal, CAS all give down the chain decisions which are more final than his. Essentially, Downes would have said not more (at minimum) than you have a case.

It may well have gone on to say you have a strong case etc. None of us know the details of the review, outside speculation.

For example, I have is what if Downes review said there was a possible case, but you need more evidece, did ASADA try that in checking with Alavi again?

Was ASADA hoping that was enough to make their case?

can you stop using up all the eye roll emoticons pls? Other people might occasionally want to look like dildo's too you know
Hate emoticons. Like using lots of exclamation marks. Hate them.

Nah, ASADA are stuffed.

No records equals no conviction.

Unless Hunter's action makes them suddenly appear out of Dank's arse, you would have to assume that they will never be found.

I do not buy for a nano second that they weren't kept. I doubt McD does either. But tough t***ies.

As Lance says, all over red rover. Sorry end to a sorry business and shame on all concerned.

Nah, ASADA are stuffed.

No records equals no conviction.

Unless Hunter's action makes them suddenly appear out of Dank's arse, you would have to assume that they will never be found.

I do not buy for a nano second that they weren't kept. I doubt McD does either. But tough t***ies.

As Lance says, all over red rover. Sorry end to a sorry business and shame on all concerned.
fortunately, in a remarkable stroke of good timing ;) ;) ;) we have the footy tonight to take our minds off things.

I think if Asada had the power to compel witnesses to testify and to produce documents and it was an offence to not testify or produce documents we would have a very useful anti doping agency. Atm we have a wet lettuce whipping society which can't catch sophisticated doping but can only catch outright or stupid doping.

Yes indeed, although I may well be of a different mind at about 11pm.
but at least you'll be outraged about footy, just the way it's "supposed" to be.

By Monday after another "big week in footyTM" this will all be like one of those nightmares you kind of half remember that fade away after you wake up

Remove this Banner Ad

Will ASADA/WADA appeal? - UPDATE: ASADA will not appeal - WADA has appealed

Back