Will Failmantle EVER Win A 'Big' Game During Their Pathetic Existence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Again on the weekend, the familiar 'Failmantle fail in a 'big' game' scenario was played out

This time they took on legitimate flag contender St. Kilda at home. Much like the earlier 'big' game this year against Collingwood, in traditional Failmantle fashion they layed an egg :eek:

Milney had a day out and unsurprisingly, the challenge of the big stage proved too much for Harvs, Pav and their bunch of choking spuds

I reflected back through their pathetic history and the closest they came to a big game win was their SINGLE finals win in history - Melbourne, Semi-Final 2006. Of course, beating Melbourne in a final is the equivalent to beating Australia in soccer - it means nothing :eek:

So this question needs answering...will Failmantle ever win a contest deemed as a 'big' game?

Again on the weekend, the familiar 'Failmantle fail in a 'big' game' scenario was played out

This time they took on legitimate flag contender St. Kilda at home. Much like the earlier 'big' game this year against Collingwood, in traditional Failmantle fashion they layed an egg :eek:

Milney had a day out and unsurprisingly, the challenge of the big stage proved too much for Harvs, Pav and their bunch of choking spuds

I reflected back through their pathetic history and the closest they came to a big game win was their SINGLE finals win in history - Melbourne, Semi-Final 2006. Of course, beating Melbourne in a final is the equivalent to beating Australia in soccer - it means nothing :eek:

So this question needs answering...will Failmantle ever win a contest deemed as a 'big' game?

just give up already

They definitely have one of the best groups of young players in the league but I think they are atleast another couple of years away from being a legitimate challenger. Atleast they are showing something this year.. Who would have ever predicted that they would be sitting outright 4th at this stage of the year.

Adam, it appears your posting style is very similar to the way you play.....Angry, belligirent and just plain mediocre, cant comment on the whole kiddy-fiddler issue, speaking of which was that the last time you beat Fremantle??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam, it appears your posting style is very similar to the way you play.....Angry, belligirent and just plain mediocre, cant comment on the whole kiddy-fiddler issue, speaking of which was that the last time you beat Fremantle??

Very perceptive post

Dont listen to posters who lost to Richmond

Fair call

Please dont reply to my post's minnow.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsu:

Ha ha, Wambat is at it again. The minnow metaphor is interesting. Breaks my heart to say it, but

Toast = Big fish, small pond
Collinwood = Big Fish, Big pond.

Hate to admit it, but Collingwood, despite being chokers and non competitors in multiple grand finals, are probaly the most influential sporting club in Australia. Wet Toast, being given 11 years to wrap up the West Australian market, made a complete meal of it and now have a following largely composed of sycophants, dilettantes and a few bay 13 bogans who don't realise how foolish they appear.

Oh, and to pre-empt the morons, Freo are also a big fish in a small pond

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Failmantle EVER Win A 'Big' Game During Their Pathetic Existence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back