Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll join him.

200w.gif

Big will has been magnificent at times this year. It’s easy to forget that Willl is the classic utility.

The guy has shown he can play anywhere. When he does have the off game, it’s most like due to been thrown around to plug any number of leaks.

I’m glad we have him. We’d be so much worse off without him and his nice kicking and sticky hands.

Love Will, always have.

Appears to be a shy person who tends to avoid interviews and the media. Rarely hear him speak. But I’m ok with that, as his footy speaks for him.

Bet his teammates love him too.

Love Will, always have.

Appears to be a shy person who tends to avoid interviews and the media. Rarely hear him speak. But I’m ok with that, as his footy speaks for him.

Bet his teammates love him too.
And appears to be allergic to the gym! :p
But gee I'm glad he's on our list. I love the guy...

Been a big detractor of Will's the last couple of years but his form this season justifies one more season for sure

Poor guy just wasn't the same after the knee hit he took against Essendon in 2019 (for which he didn't even get a free for mind you lol).

But this year he's given us a few more flashes of that 2018 form

And appears to be allergic to the gym! :p
But gee I'm glad he's on our list. I love the guy...

Hosky skips leg days.

Misses all upper body days too.

Became a fave in '18, still love him no less.

Been a big detractor of Will's the last couple of years but his form this season justifies one more season for sure

Poor guy just wasn't the same after the knee hit he took against Essendon in 2019 (for which he didn't even get a free for mind you lol).

Are you saying that the knee hit against Essendon has impacted his ability to play?

This seems unlikely to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2018, we cleared out the 50 and sprinted back in. Teams didn't rate us so didn't study us hard enough and leave numbers back. Our pacy forwards all looked a million bucks as they had heaps of space and kicked lots of goals with lots of Joe the gooses. Stepho, Will, Thomas and Jordy didn't get close to their goal tallies before or since

Last edited:
Are you saying that the knee hit against Essendon has impacted his ability to play?

This seems unlikely to me.

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not

Just like Josh Fraser was never the same after his knee injury in the State of Origin game all those years ago, Will hasn’t been the same since his in 2019

It happens to players a lot? I don’t know whether it’s mental, physical, both or whatever. Sometimes players take a long time mentally to find confidence after serious injuries.

All I know is, prior to that knee injury, Will was flying. Since returning from it, he hasn’t been anywhere near the same level. Until this year when he’s shown glimpses of it.

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not

Just like Josh Fraser was never the same after his knee injury in the State of Origin game all those years ago, Will hasn’t been the same since his in 2019

It happens to players a lot? I don’t know whether it’s mental, physical, both or whatever. Sometimes players take a long time mentally to find confidence after serious injuries.

All I know is, prior to that knee injury, Will was flying. Since returning from it, he hasn’t been anywhere near the same level. Until this year when he’s shown glimpses of it.
I don’t think his knee is holding him back at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back