Will Tom Harley actually pick up an opponent this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or will captian soft **** play loose man in defense again?

It's embarrassing that Geelong fans think this guy is a good player. As soon as he's made to be accountable he falls to pieces.

Put him on Roughead this weekend and the ugly ranga will kick 5+, guarantee it.

Will he have to?

Theres nobody in the Hawks forward line that is worth manning up on.

Harley, Scarlett and Milburn will run riot.

Cats by 191.

Wrong, they'll stand around in a triangle and handpass to each other, racking up stacks of dreamteam points and eventually turn over due to Hawthorn's superior forwardline defensive pressure.

Or will captian soft **** play loose man in defense again?

It's embarrassing that Geelong fans think this guy is a good player. As soon as he's made to be accountable he falls to pieces.

Put him on Roughead this weekend and the ugly ranga will kick 5+, guarantee it.

Is this the same sort of guarantee you gave when you said that geelong would finish 6th? based on your history of "predicting" Roughhead won't touch the ball and Harley will get best man on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley won't need to man up. He will continue on his merry way, picking off atleast nine or ten kicks which will stick to his hands like a fly to shit. Such is the quality of all our backmen.

Is this the same sort of guarantee you gave when you said that geelong would finish 6th? based on your history of "predicting" Roughhead won't touch the ball and Harley will get best man on ground.

That prediction was based on a few very reasonable assumptions:

1. Young teams such as Port, Collingwood and North would consolidate and get better this year. Fair enough assumption, hasn't happened.

2. Geelong would not get another 12 months of injury heaven. Yet here we are, 16 rounds in and most of their players have hardly missed a game.

3. Geelong would play Hawthorn twice. Out of my hands, hasn't happened.

4. Ottens would fall back to earth as he typically only plays a good season every six years. Again, hasn't happened.

Among other things, that is a very reasonable set of assumptions. 6th - 8th looked sturdy at the time. I'll revise my prediction - Geelong will most likely finish 1st-2nd after the H& A season.

:thumbsu:

I know that thread is supposed to be ironic, but everything it says about Harley is correct.

****in cherry-picker.

Cherry picker eh? That would be taking uncontested marks out wide and not those of the contested type from opposition kicks.

Don't be fooled mate. He has an opponent every week and this is his soul focus. Once they have been demoralised or, in the case of R. Murphy on Sat moved to the backline to get a kick, then he will chop off every opposition forward thrust.

Absolutely invaluable.

Cherry picker eh? That would be taking uncontested marks out wide and not those of the contested type from opposition kicks.

Don't be fooled mate. He has an opponent every week and this is his soul focus. Once they have been demoralised or, in the case of R. Murphy on Sat moved to the backline to get a kick, then he will chop off every opposition forward thrust.

Absolutely invaluable.

His soul focus?

Religious bloke is he?

He's an unaccountable loose cannon that is lucky he's got a midfield that renders the opposition's supply erratic.

Wrong, they'll stand around in a triangle and handpass to each other, racking up stacks of dreamteam points and eventually turn over due to Hawthorn's superior forwardline defensive pressure.

:D:D Choice!

Physics normally debates the question about the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object...

It seems we've moved to the unpredictable force meeting the impenetrable object.

Spud, we are gunna take you down to Chinatown, and Jack Burton is gunna make you eat paincake all night long!

I'm not so certain that running a ball through the corridor at speed with handball is the same as standing in a triangle.

And to think he'll be lining up against Hawthorn, the kings of kicking the ball backwards and sidewards. Even their most ardent supporters tear their hair out with that.

They'll bring Hank Crawford back for that... and if only Joel Smith could come out of retirement...

2. Geelong would not get another 12 months of injury heaven. Yet here we are, 16 rounds in and most of their players have hardly missed a game.

Check your stats on players used... the Hawks have used only one more then Geelong for the season.

It must be fun looking for excuses for falling off the pace.

1. Young teams such as Port, Collingwood and North would consolidate and get better this year. Fair enough assumption, hasn't happened.

4. Ottens would fall back to earth as he typically only plays a good season every six years. Again, hasn't happened.

Among other things, that is a very reasonable set of assumptions. 6th - 8th looked sturdy at the time. I'll revise my prediction - Geelong will most likely finish 1st-2nd after the H& A season.

going out on a limb there LP !
I think that there is some sort of contradiction in saying that all of your assumptions were reasonable, but all of them were wrong!
Anyway, good to see that you haven't taken to the bunker after the weekend.

Thanks for that one Nostrodamus,

I was thinking about putting a bet on whether the sun is likely to come up in the morning, any chance you could give me your "prediction" on that happening........so i don't waste any of my hard earned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Tom Harley actually pick up an opponent this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back