Will you be buying a Nintendo Wii?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they will be smart by pricing the machine accordingly to counter Sony's arrogence.

Not sure if i will get a machine though, will need convincing to get either a 360, PS3 or a Wii.

Edit: I just saw the videos (couldn't at work) - if the price is right, YES!@! I love nintendo, they are making Gaming interesting!!!!

The E3 Expo is always full of hype. It's a time I love and loathe.

While the Wii does look interesting, they're deliberately holding back stuff like price and the nuts and bolts of how its features will actually work. Whereas Sony and Microsoft give you enough information to go with the show they put on, although $999 is something they want us to get used to well in advance.

Where the hell is my Donkey Kong Country 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets! said:
Whats the deal, are there 2 Zelda games for Wii?

One old, and the new one? Anyone who knows more fill me in!

It's Zelda Twilight Princess, it'll also be released for the gamecube, however the Wii version will make use oh the new controller. I thought it might be a little gimmicky in how it was implemented (Because it was a GCN game), but they've implemented it perfectly.

The game will be released for the GCN and the Wii at the same time.

overhyped.

people are mistaking "innovation" for good. that controller is stupid.

playing a game while keeping your hand dead steady or else.

red steal is a light shooter. might as well re-name it "Duck hunter 5000"

I would advise checking out what they're doing with Madden.

Sanguinarius said:
overhyped.

playing a game while keeping your hand dead steady or else.

red steal is a light shooter. might as well re-name it "Duck hunter 5000"
With Sword fighting.

......and while your on it, Nintendo are bringing back Duck Hunt, using the Wii controller, and a gun attachment.

So far, I don't see alot that PS3, or 360, other than over hyped graphics, same tiured game play, sure it looks better then before....but it really donsn't do anything new.

I think there are certainlt places the new controller won't suit. For example, the new Smash Brothers for the wii won't use the controller, it'll just use a GCN controller.

Sanguinarius said:
At least someone is trying to be innovative. They've also designed a controller for Virtual Console (below) as well as providing sockets for the GCN controller. I don't know why anyone is complaining.

200px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

Mr Eagle said:
Nintendo are playing their promotional hand very well (console name notwithstanding). Price point is going to be interesting when it is announced...
I think they've done a great job. Even the console name, as bad as it is, has at least got people talking. I'll definately be getting one.

I'm thinking that Nintendo may have just re invented the gaming experience going by those videos at the E3 expo. For instance what if in the Zelda game when you're about to shoot an arrow you actually hear the bow being pulled back (courtesy of the speaker in the game controller) then when you let it go, you hear the twang of the arrow hitting something on your tv system. The games look very promising & my nephew has already conned my brother into getting him one when ever they decide to release it.

No mario kart or donkey kong has been announced just yet but with a quality line up that includes the following games - smash bros brawl, legend of zelda, mario galaxy, wii sports, final fantasy, dragon quest, metroid prime 3, resident evil, fire emblem plus many other titles they seem to have covered most of the genres in video games.

Looks pretty good so far to me. :thumbsu:

I'm gonna take the wait and see approach with this console. I'm not sold on this controller just yet. I'm just not convinced that it will do everything that people say it can. Or if it can do it, whether it will do it well. Remember, motion sensor technology is still problematic and unreliable. And all I've seen so far is that you can pretend you are playing tennis and golf. It will be great fun at first, but it will get tiresome if all we see from the Wii are countless variations of waving your arm around. Its novelty value, but nothing that will really set the mainstream gaming world on fire.

The way I see it is that this console won't change anything. It will please the small group of ever-loyal Nintendo fans, but everyone else will just look at it as a novelty item and then go buy a PS3 or 360 that has better graphics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you be buying a Nintendo Wii?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back