Will you be buying a Nintendo Wii?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets! said:
Wheres the fun in wait and see Scorpio?

The fun is in getting it on day one and playing it for 10 hours straight.

Like I said, I'm not convinced that this controller is going to be as good as everyone says it will be. From what I've seen the graphics are well below what the 360 and PS3 are capable of, so Nintendo would wanna hope the controller works really well. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Sanguinarius said:
playing a game while keeping your hand dead steady or else.

So you've played one then?

Wii will have to be a geniune revolution if it doesn't want to be blown out of the water though. Just watching Channel 9's coverage of E3 showed that the real mainstream interest at the moment is with Sony. I did find it interesting that they chose to show off the PS3's new controller as where the innovation is at. Also interesting, was in the few seconds of Nintendo coverage, they mentioned the new Wii 'controller' and not the console, accompanied with a big of the Wario Ware game and it didn't come off looking particularly good. Just goofy.

Catfish Jake said:
Just watching Channel 9's coverage of E3 showed that the real mainstream interest at the moment is with Sony.
Sony offers a lot more advertising dollars and contra to Channel Nine than Nintendo ever could.

It does matter when you are talking about a brand.

Even something as simple as somebody walking into a store and asking for a 'Wii' will become a running joke. Childish I know, but names like that can turn people off consoles. Nintendo have done themselves no favour here.

This console has been in my rader since before it was released. As far as I'm concerned, where Zelda is, I am.

And for that poster who called it a light gun, I must say that you are quite mistaken.

It functions rather as a mouse. You don't actually aim by pointing where you want at the screen. The sensor is the thing that picks up the location and it works much more like a 3D mouse.

This should increase interest just a bit ;)

E3 2006: Star Wars to Wii?
LucasArts expresses interest in bringing a lightsaber game to Wii.
by IGN Staff

May 11, 2006 - During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title, LucasArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

At the end of the demonstration questions were raised about the possibility of such a game, garnering knowing smiles from the room of LucasArts employees. Comments of "We are looking into it" were heard from members of their staff as ideas for the game were discussed among the people in the room.

The company has made no official announcements about any planned Wii titles -- there are no LucasArts Wii titles at E3 -- but we anxiously await any information from LucasArts on what promises to be a very compelling game concept.

Not interested in lightsaber duels, the samurai sword stuff that they've shown already does look good - they should concentrate more on that. Fencing maybe?

I have a gamecube and I actually like it. it was cheap as. so I will buy the Wii if there are any good games for it. I'm still deciding whether to go XBOX360, PS3 or Wii. (I think I'll only need one). I'll basically get any console that has the new GTA game, the new NRL game, the new AFL game and any good cricket game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scorpio said:
The way I see it is that this console won't change anything. It will please the small group of ever-loyal Nintendo fans, but everyone else will just look at it as a novelty item and then go buy a PS3 or 360 that has better graphics.

sounds like you've already made your mind up to me... what exactly are you going to way and see :)

Several analysts from various websites are predicting that the Wii will cost no more than $300-350 Au$ which is great news. Still nothing on mario kart yet :(

music_2000 said:
I'm still deciding whether to go XBOX360, PS3 or Wii. (I think I'll only need one). I'll basically get any console that has the new GTA game, the new NRL game, the new AFL game and any good cricket game

Xbox360: $650
PS3: $1000
Wii: $350-ish

New GTA game: X360/PS3
New NRL game: all
New AFL game: PS only
Any good cricket game: all, but it'll be much more fun on the Wii and better looking on the other two.

nonchalance said:
Definitely. For FPS games and Zelda, as well as Wii Sports for party games.

Xbox360 is a maybe, if I can afford it, and PS3 is a big :D:D:D:D no.

So you're going from the worst, maybe the second best to not playing the best console? Weird logic.

nonchalance said:
Xbox360: $650
PS3: $1000
Wii: $350-ish

New GTA game: X360/PS3
New NRL game: all
New AFL game: PS only
Any good cricket game: all, but it'll be much more fun on the Wii and better looking on the other two.

How do you know the ps3 will be a grand? GTA will be out on the ps3 for atleast 6 months untill x-box gets a sniff.

Power21 said:
How do you know the ps3 will be a grand? GTA will be out on the ps3 for atleast 6 months untill x-box gets a sniff.

Yes, Sony have confirmed the non-cripled PS3 will be $999, the low end one is, from memory, $830.

GTA will ship on 360 and PS3 at the same time, as confirmed by Rockstar Games

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/706/706235p1.html

The only other piece of information concerns the release date. GTA 4 will ship simultaneously for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 16, 2007. In Europe, the game will ship on October 19, 2007.

Power21 said:
How do you know the ps3 will be a grand?

This has been the price thrown around most and seems likely.

I will definitely be getting a Wii and I'll just keep my ps2 for AFL Premiership 2006.

And just for something to do:

X-Box = :rolleyes: yeh........

Ps3 = Great!!!

Wii = :D:D:D:Ding Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Power21 said:
So you're going from the worst, maybe the second best to not playing the best console? Weird logic.

Nope.
Wii has interesting and new experiences, and fun party games, and probably a few reasonably in-depth things - but my indepth gaming tends to be PC-centric.

The Xbox360 has a few very cool exclusives, and the PS3 is absurdly expensive, and has nothing that interests me, bar a few sequels.

DonsRule has answered the fact-based questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you be buying a Nintendo Wii?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back