Draft Profile Willie Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me why you think he shouldn't.

He is very talented.

His waste line. If you think an AFL club is happy to put someone on their list with that waist line, you're kidding yourself.

He is obscenely talented, has a goal sense that is first class.

I just don't think clubs have the time nor patience to constantly monitor an 18 year olds eating habits and fitness levels, his aerobic capacity is poor, if he really wants to play AFL he'd be better off pounding the pavement for 4 months post season, get himself into Souths league side, it shouldn't be hard and kick a bag next year.

Unfortunately Willie has that distinctive stocky Rioli build that ended Sebastian's career too early.

He's got an invite to the draft combine so there's obviously interest there.

It will be a matter of seeing how his weight fluctuates once the season is over I believe. If it's manageable he may get a sniff, otherwise he may be another Rioli lost to the weight.

He's got an invite to the draft combine so there's obviously interest there.

It will be a matter of seeing how his weight fluctuates once the season is over I believe. If it's manageable he may get a sniff, otherwise he may be another Rioli lost to the weight.

He may go straight into another footy season with the NTFL so it'll stay about the same I'd imagine. His beep test score will be interesting. Hopefully he can lift his fitness levels before the testing.

I think the general consensus is that he probably won't get drafted. He has attracted a fair bit of interest from Port Adelaide though. I didn't watch the game today, was he no good?

I think the general consensus is that he probably won't get drafted. He has attracted a fair bit of interest from Port Adelaide though. I didn't watch the game today, was he no good?

Kept losing his feet, hurt Souths by not providing pressure on the way out.

A lot of players lost their footing today, it's not right to single out him. I don't think a kick found him today on the lead. He wasn't what I expected though.

A lot of players lost their footing today, it's not right to single out him. I don't think a kick found him today on the lead. He wasn't what I expected though.

His direct opponent seemed to keep his feet quite easily.

Hence why he was flogged, if he's not kicking a bag he offers nothing on the way out.

So it was today.

Probably not the best game to put in a shocker. Still Souths delivery in to the forward line was poor. Claremont were definitely on their game on Sunday and put a lot of pressure on the South mids and ball carriers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely can't hurt with a 6th round pick on minimum wage? Clubs are stupid not taking cheap flyers on players with potential.

Seen him played live more then all of you but I think JDC! might of actually played against him.

I am mates with him and have played with and against him my whole life. Currently play in Darwin together.

Agree with this. I really think if Willie gets picked up, it's because of his name.

Respectfully, but strongly disagree with this statement.

I am mates with him and have played with and against him my whole life. Currently play in Darwin together.

Don't know if you have mentioned it yet but I'll ask anyway. For mine he looks fairly big to be an AFL player, is that true or has he slimmed down a bit.

Can he continue to slim down once in an AFL program?

Don't know if you have mentioned it yet but I'll ask anyway. For mine he looks fairly big to be an AFL player, is that true or has he slimmed down a bit.

Can he continue to slim down once in an AFL program?

Yeah he's pretty unfit looking mate, I said hello the other day and he is still not looking like an AFL player.

Hard to say what will happen if he is in the AFL system. I think his biggest problem is his eating habits but if he was at an AFL club (especially in Melbourne where he could use Cyril as a mentor) this could change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Willie Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back