Status
Not open for further replies.
6A5FF01B-8206-473D-800D-C17DF3966F0A.jpeg

šŸŽ¶
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And gave a huge extension to a potato who couldnā€™t coach flies to eat turd

Weā€™ll revisit this in 12 months when heā€™s enjoyed a full season in the midfield with a proper fitness base and Port has enjoyed another 10 win clusterfudge under Shirtless Broā„¢ & his jibbering overseer.
Whatā€™s the bet heā€™ll find himself an injury in the new year. Another preseason sitting on the sidelines. Lazy little sh##t!

Singling out a single person while allowing other issues to fester is fixing it? Sounds more like workplace bullying than ā€œfixingā€.
Mate, he was molly coddled to the extent that the rest said ENOUGH!

As much as we like to blame Hinkley, Chad was because of Chad.

Weā€™ll revisit this in 12 months when heā€™s enjoyed a full season in the midfield with a proper fitness base and Port has enjoyed another 10 win clusterfudge under Shirtless Broā„¢ & his jibbering overseer.

ā€œIā€™ll definitely play forward,ā€ Wingard told SEN Breakfast.
ā€œClarkoā€™s made that pretty clear with all his messaging and what heā€™s told me.
ā€œI think they wanted someone up forward with a little bit more creativity and trying to put some pressure on.
ā€œWeā€™ve got some good players in that midfield and obviously with Tom Mitchell down, but you see the boys who have been stepping up and playing those roles.
ā€œWeā€™ve got guys (through the midfield) in the VFL who have been playing good footy.ā€

1. Does Chad spending time in the midfield at Hawthorn suggest he wasn't doing what Clarko needed of him ?
2. The challenge for Chad really is getting himself fit with a full pre-season ..... isn't that half the problem we are talking about ... ie he hasn't been doing the things needed to have a full pre-season.
3. His Hawthorn season (under Clarkson) is pretty much a mirror image of his Port season before he left.

Last edited:
Chad would have stunk it up just as much as any other if he was still with us...

Yeah flashes of brilliance no doubt but would have inconsistent like the others...

He was unfairly scape goated ....sure but that's where my tears end.

He should have been dropped when his attitude wasn't cutting it. We would have been able to see how he would respond and it would have put to bed all the inevitable crazy theories about who was to blame for him leaving. I blame the club for being inconsistent and sending mixed messages.

I said from the word go that if Chad succeed at Hawthorn it'll be partly because he put in the hard work. It's not all Clarkson and it wasn't all Ken. There's a faction of people on here that seem hellbent on removing any personal responsibility from Chad at all.

Mirror Chad's career with Robbie Gray and then try and draw similar conclusions about their talents. You can't. Robbie can always play forward (no matter if the game evolves) and always play midfield and no-one says it's because of the way he's coached or otherwise. We don't make excuses for him when he has a form slump and he doesn't pout and ignore his teammates.

I love Xavier and Ryan. I can't wait to see how they both perform over the coming years. I'd like to have kept Chad in the team too but I'm happy with the trade overall.

I do not, however, want to make a habit out of this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I used to love Wingard like every Port supporter but you know what? **** Wingard! We got Duursma from this trade!

Duurs has the skill to be an elite midfielder and above that showcases everything our club stands for. He is a potential future captain and not a captain like Ollie, a true #1 wearing captain. I wouldnā€™t straight swap Wingard for Duurs if it was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad