Wirrapunda Injured!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
It is suspected he angered a thigh strain at a junior clinic this morning.

This is not good news as his run from the backline and his skills are always needed.

I reckon Nicoski will come up and replace the spot if Wirra is left out, but still this is a major blow.

There still is hope as he will be on the test list. Though they mentioned something about since they leave early for Brisbane on Friday that it is looking more doubtful than likely.

Other News:
-Gardiner fit and ready to return.
-One of Lynch and Graham set to be omitted (One of them for Gardy)

-Kerr still doubtful, like Wirra.

peterss said:
otis i copied and pasted it from the other eagles forum at

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Join that and ask in there :p
I read that thread and "Streaker" writes :

I was at the Junior Eagles clinic this morning and can assure you that there was no way known Wirra injured or aggravated a thigh/thigh strain. All the players except for Staker were doing drills where no running/kicking/jumping was involved. Wirra came out for about 10 minutes and walked around, he didn't even run an activity.

So I'm not too sure what to think at the moment. :confused:
If he is in fact injured then maybe it was not done at the clinic ?

Guess we'll find out soon enough if he's playing or not.

Aparently that stupid Masters Cow jumped on his back and caused him to aggravate his injury.

I bet it was Chris Connolly in disguise.

94_Eagles said:
Aparently that stupid Masters Cow jumped on his back and caused him to aggravate his injury.

I bet it was Chris Connolly in disguise.

I am lead to believe it was that idiot Akermanis

eagleskickass said:
hence forth all sponsorship contracts should have the following clause

'All Sponsor mascots will refrain from jumping onto the backs of ANY West Coast Eagles players OR possible draftees.'

And underneath the fine print "Mascots will also refrain from coming within 20 metres of Travis Gaspar".

Rod Stroker said:
So you guys are confirming that he is definately injured and will miss this week, possibly longer ?

nope, the news over here seems to be he is a likely starter. a chance to be a late withdrawl. i wouldnt waste a trade on him. he definitley play next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles4Eva said:
If it was Freos mascot, aka Clive Waterhouse, you could understand him getting hurt, but by a freaking Masters Moo Cow? Thats just Disgraceful !!

Chicky was joking on the radio that Kasey Green was probably in the suit... trying to get game by injuring his teammates

Remove this Banner Ad

Wirrapunda Injured!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back