tredders16

Team Captain
Nov 19, 2002
The Port
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Power No 1 2004
Anyone checking out Wolfmother at the BDO? I just got their EP and it rocks!
Very Sabbath-esque, so I can only imagine their stage show will be good.
1pm in the arvo will be the only question mark when you would probably rather see them after about 10 pints in a seedy bar.

Has anyone caught them before?

Their show at the Ding Dong Lounge in early December last year was a corker. Packed out the place, then blew the roof off with some really high energy stuff. Woman, Apple Tree and The White Unicorn are all great songs.

Complete Led Zeppelin rip, but they put their own spin on the tunes, and the end result is pretty damn good.

GhostofJimJess said:
The undeniable highlight of Meredith 2004 ... see them before they're huge is all that I can recommend at this stage.

I have been on the Wolfmother bandwagon for nay on 5 months now and yes, they were the best thing that played Meredith.

Unfortunatly i was sitting in the car out the front of Meredeth for three hours and missed them ....... heard great reviews not only hear but from many sources , went out and bought the EP on the weekend ............

Good ..... but , in the immortal words of the Wolf ( how appropriate ) lets not start sucking each others c.... just yet ?

For anything to be "huge" there has to be something a little fresh about them and at the risk being shot , they sounded about as original as Jet are to thier jonre.......... IMHO....... but look at Jet ? Go figure

Stakes...my advice...

Get on the wagon while there is still room...there ain't that much room left, but there's a bit....so far there's me and GhostofJimJess, and anyone that has seem them live!

Pantsless said:
Stakes...my advice...

Get on the wagon while there is still room...there ain't that much room left, but there's a bit....so far there's me and GhostofJimJess, and anyone that has seem them live!
Yeah mate im on the bandwagon.. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skippy_14 said:
Who the hell are WolfMother? I keep hearing bout how great they are and everythnig but seriously, who the hell are they?
They are like Black Sabbath were back in the early 70's, only less talented at their instruments.

They don't write bad tunes, but I find it hard to listen to a group who's clearly an inferior rip off. In fact it's embarrassing at times!

Channel V had their Homebake set from last year on last night.

Was very impressed with what i saw.

For a band who have only been together for 6 months they certainly are doin ok for themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfmother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back