Jan 11, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Parramatta, Ravens
Wonders Top Recruiting
By Anita Drink

Ladder leaders, the West Coast Wonders have gotten off to a flying start to season 15 of the SFA with two convincing wins over the Gumbies and the Dragons and look to make it three in a row against the old but respected Roys side. And one of the reasons the Wonders have gotten off to a great start is the new blood that club leaders ShaunDuggan and Wise Guy Sam have brought into the side with new recruits Coopers, CowboyFromHell, Storm20 and PVF with Frothies McVeigh returning to the club.

The statistics speak for themselves as three of the new recruits could very well take out the Wonders Best and Fairest this season.

Season 15 Averages after Round 2:
Coopers- 11.5 Kicks, 6.5 Marks, 12.5 Handballs, 1 goal, 89 DT Points
Frothies Mcveigh- 12 Kicks, 4.5 Marks, 16.5 Handballs, 1.5 Goals, 99 DT Points
PVF- 14 Kicks, 6 Marks, 11 Handballs, 2 Goals, 95.5 DT Points

After training at the local brewery this afternoon PVF had this to say about his new club. "It's been a great start to my career at the Wonders. They have a very relaxed vibe around the club with no drama at all unlike what there seems to be at the other clubs around the league and the fact that the leaders here are soo welcoming and supportive, it gives you alot of confidence coming into the season."

Asked if the Wonders were abit ahead of themselves after their two dominant wins PVF said "No we're not, we are excited about how well we are playing and look to have a very successful year but it's only two rounds in and anything can happen. But the Dragons seem to think we are acting like we have already won it this season when that's not the case at all. Maybe if they can actually win some games then they will have some confidence aswell but it's not looking good for them at the moment."

Wise Guy Sam had this to say about his new stars of the Wonders.
"New recruits enter the SFA with something similar to the pitter patter of the early steps of a baby. You see that child attempting to walk and you hope he isn't mentally incapable, nobody wants to drown the recruit. Luckily for the Wonders none of our recruits have even made us strongly consider that option for an extended length of time. Whilst they are all at different stages of their careers my new team mates have all impressed in their own way."

"PVF may as well be a veteran. When he first arrived back to the SFA we thought we would have to help him along just like any kid from the draft but this mature aged recruit is fantastic. He's on field heroics have really inspired the team. Who could forget 'that' tackle in round 1. Off field he has been extremely valuable with his game analysis and stat breakdowns."

"Coopers was an early draft pick who we thought would take some time to develop but like PVF he has taken the game on and owning his position. He is a versatile player and a great teammate. Fun fact: in his spare time he is a medieval Bard."

"Storm20 is coming along nicely. He is already starting to beat his opponents and continue his good preseason form. However he does have a bit of DemonJim about him, he is about as accurate as a thug from an action movie."

"CowboyFromHell is playing on the senior list which is impressive for the Rookie listed player. I hope he comes along as the season continues."

"And of course Frothies Mcveigh is known to all. He has been in the best (along with PVF and Coops) after both games. Everyone knows he is a star and that's something we needed. Looks like he stole all of the Dragons talent when he departed Dragon Island."

Can this stellar start to the season carry on for the Wonders? We’ll have to wait and see.

Brilliant recruiting! So good in fact CowboyFromHell feels the need to not even show up, his week longer bender has become more than a month now :oops::rolleyes: (sorry, I couldn't decide which emoticon was more appropriate).

Brilliant recruiting! So good in fact CowboyFromHell feels the need to not even show up, his week longer bender has become more than a month now :oops::rolleyes: (sorry, I couldn't decide which emoticon was more appropriate).
If you had any idea beeszzss, you would see that he last posted on BF 31st of May. So that shows that he hasn't been back since he left. Many possibilities here... Do you really want me to go through them all.

And I can tell you that he is very active on the Melbourne board. If he had posted there and not here we'd let him know.

Back into your cage...

No beez, we will not consider trading CFH to Baghdad just because you think he posts like a proper Bomber :p

But seriously, I fear he is dead or in jail or something. He was a regular on the Melbourne board, went to a wedding and hasn't been seen since.

beez... just letting you know I won't be post till at very earliest Sunday... I have a bucks weekend I'm off to which starts tomorrow morning! Onto the golf course...

So please don't be upset if I'm away a second longer! :p

beez... just letting you know I won't be post till at very earliest Sunday... I have a bucks weekend I'm off to which starts tomorrow morning! Onto the golf course...

So please don't be upset if I'm away a second longer! :p

I'd be more worried about Juggs than beez to be honest :p

That was completely off topic and very unoriginal, is that why everyone talks you up?

I was actually referring to the time he said that i should find time to post on here even though i was on holidays and do have a life outside of the SFA. It was a tongue in cheek comment so get over it and go make me a sandwich.

And i don't believe i have been talked up except by Wonders players but that's cause they love me long time :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually referring to the time he said that i should find time to post on here even though i was on holidays and do have a life outside of the SFA. It was a tongue in cheek comment so get over it and go make me a sandwich.

And i don't believe i have been talked up except by Wonders players but that's cause they love me long time :hearts:

I would also like a sandwich.

Lack of beetroot at Subway still disappoints me :(

I concur. MMM a salad sandwich consisting of: White bread, butter, lettuce, tomato, egg, red onion, beetroot, carrot and a bit of salad dressing. **** now I am super hungry.

You trust me to cook your food, bad decision mate, bad decision...;)

I concur. MMM a salad sandwich consisting of: White bread, butter, lettuce, tomato, egg, red onion, beetroot, carrot and a bit of salad dressing, meatballs, salami, cheddar cheese, hot chili sauce. **** now I am super hungry.

Eth informed me that CFH was most likely an inactive flog and not worth the risk.

Good call :thumbsu:

Dees are one step ahead of the rest.

If you're one step ahead then why didn't you get me back at the Demons? ;)

I concur. MMM a salad sandwich consisting of: White bread, butter, lettuce, tomato, egg, red onion, beetroot, carrot and a bit of salad dressing. **** now I am super hungry.
Multigrain bread (too much white bread goes straight to my hips), carrot, red onion (great call), lettuce, gherkin, beetroot, tuna, capsicum (both green and red), ham, kabana and BBQ sauce. Chuck in a couple of lattes and mmm :D

Skipper ShaunDuggan, I'm going to have to take away your man card for that pitiful mix of salads.

revoked.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Wonders Top Recruiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back