Work work work work....

Remove this Banner Ad

I work in disability. I love the work and that makes up for the fact it is not so well paid. I also love the hours as they are fairly family friendly and allow me to spend lots of time with my kids.

Originally posted by P_D
I work part-time during uni and full-time in holidays at a Lingerie store, because I have a compulsive underwear-spending habit and may as well get staff discounts :D

This is the job I want.

Sbagman, you should wave at me as you pass by the Convention Centre. At least your workmates on the boats seem more socially inclined than the people you worked with in Italy. Education doesn't necessarily result in a whole person. Some of the most stimulating philosophical conversations I've had have been with quarry workers and brickie's labourers.

I miss teaching. It's been nearly four years since I was in a classroom. I guess those damn teenagers kept me young! Maybe next year..... :(

I now have the greatest respect for anyone who works with the elderly in a caregiver capacity. Nurses, especially, are the greatest people in the world!

Originally posted by Au_Blue#24
is she from perth, I may know her. If she went to curtin i definately would

No she is/was a Sydney girl, now as far as i know living/working in the Veritas Office in Brisbane. K.Oliver was her name.

single parent so for me - working for govt as opposed to private company means i have flexible hours parental leave - abilty to leave work if crisis at home erupts
much more important than the money - although thats not bad either

Answer phones for optus pre paid recharge...fairly cruzy job, can read magazines when no calls (which is fairly rare) and get a free massage every Monday! Also, because its shift work, its fairly flexible. Downside is that its open 365 days a week, so unfortunately im working chrissy and boxing day, and wouldnt be surprised it its New Years too :(

Originally posted by maccas_no1
Tell me about it I am currently working about 63 hrs a week between two jobs Baking and teaching kids how to swim
;)
you bake kids before you teach them or after?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not too shabby

Work in a university in Student Services. At the moment it's very cruisy, because it's non-semester. I earn my money during orientation, though.

It's a good job, but a little dull. I do get access to high-speed internet connection all day long, though, and that helps. I do have spectacular conditions. Our EBA is top-notch, so no complaints there. Also get to set my own agenda, because my direct superiors work in a different building.
I have the cricket on the radio now, for example... ;)

I like it.

I work as a pharmacy assistant the worst job ever. Not the best pay due to lack of skills so far (have to work up and train to levels to get better pay) a crazy mother ****er of a boss looking over my shoulder and spreading fear and generally being obnoxious. Old people, ******ed people, just plain sick people, crying kids screaming out, pregnant women everywhere just woeful old men learing at you thinking its their right to be rude as hell. Long retail hours all day on my feet and getting abused by some customers becausze they think its their right just bloody ****house allround.

Yah become a pharmacy assistant yeah bloody good job:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Work work work work....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back