World Cup TV rights - How much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes,Rules is fledgling at best in terms of World Cups and Internationals,in my opinion,until Oz have some serious International competition,they shouldnt even consider playing anyone,let the "minnows" duke it out and learn the game....But you RL fans must ask yourself this:-Would you all be so excited about RL internationals if NZ hadnt handed a hiding to us last year?I mean, good on Unzud,but its not as if its been an even playing surface over the past decade....Sure,NZ and Eng have become more competitive over the past few years,but would these threads exist if NZ copped the same hiding that we did in that final???Serious question-serious answer??

pekay-norwest said:
Yes,Rules is fledgling at best in terms of World Cups and Internationals,in my opinion,until Oz have some serious International competition,they shouldnt even consider playing anyone,let the "minnows" duke it out and learn the game....But you RL fans must ask yourself this:-Would you all be so excited about RL internationals if NZ hadnt handed a hiding to us last year?I mean, good on Unzud,but its not as if its been an even playing surface over the past decade....Sure,NZ and Eng have become more competitive over the past few years,but would these threads exist if NZ copped the same hiding that we did in that final???Serious question-serious answer??

Yep... They also won in Sydney!!!
AND because NZ were missing Sonny Bill, Benji Marshall, Utai, Big Leslie V, Dean Halitau (Spelling???), cayless (Both of them) and quiet a few more but i can't remember from the top of my head.

Tutaki said:
1. Football (any team that qualifies for the world cup)
Daylight
2. Union (4-5 teams at a pinch)
Daylight
3. Rugby League (3 teams)
Daylight
AFL/Gaelic Football/International Rules :)confused: )
soccer: any team that qualifies??? i reckon france has a better chance of beating australia in the RL WC than the socceroos winning the soccer WC!

pekay-norwest said:

The last Ashes series in 2003, Australia won every match in the last 2 mins, all up there would've been 10 points difference between them over 3 matches and in the 1st match, England were down to 12 men after 11 seconds.

Look back during the ninties, GBI were very close each time to winning the ashes, but as usual, they managed to lose, if it wasn't for Ricky Stuarts pass to big Mal in 94 I think, we'd have lost it then.

The only times in the last 15 years GBI have been belted came in 2001 64-10, 2004 tri nations 44-4, yes they are floggings but 2 games out of around 15 or more is not bad, everyone has an off day.

NZ can be proud of what they done last year, to beat Aus twice in 1 season is almost unheard of, imagine how strong they'll be with a full team.

France is moving forward, in a few years they'll be challenging the big 3 again.

Wales has heaps of kids playing now, a new team counting down to make it into the SL, once they get there, they will become a powerhouse.

Russia is comming along nicely, as soon as they get some decent coaches over there, the kids playing will leap ahead in light years.
Having two teams each year in the challenge cup can only be good for them, also with countries like Georgia next door playing RL and them countries having a good relationship with regards to giving it to each other, they will be fighting it out to see who can get better the quickest.
They both play in the Euro Nations, along with 4 other teams, so there is no reason why these countries shouldn't move forward.

1908 said:
If you're trying to say that an AR WC is similar to a RLWC you really do need to get out of your bubble. The AR cup is played in suburban venues whilst the final of the league was played at Wembley Stadium in 1995 and Old Trafford in 2000. How can you compare the two?

Actually, the games for the Australian Football International Cup were played at quite prominent venues, if you bothered to look. The final was held at the MCG, whilst the preliminary rounds were played at Optus Oval (home of Carlton FC) and TEAC Oval (home of Port Melbourne FC in the VFL; one of the best-developed non-AFL grounds). Whilst technically suburban (both are located in inner Melbourne precincts), the latter two are quite prominent Melbourne stadiums.

1908 said:
Yes mate as curtain raisers, the league games were the main event!
They don't understand... did you see the dump grounds he was comparing to the famous stadiums in the UK?? lol..

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup TV rights - How much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back