Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

What possessed him? I remember watching it. ****ing insane.
That 18th hole disaster makes it easy to forget that Paul Lawrie won from 10 shots back to start the final round, which is a major & PGA Tour record...Pretty unbelievable in itself

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

That 18th hole disaster makes it easy to forget that Paul Lawrie won from 10 shots back to start the final round, which is a major & PGA Tour record...Pretty unbelievable in itself

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whole thing created some mental demons for Lawrie as well. Because he felt/feels(which is true) that no one ever thinks of him as the victor. He discussed it on The thing about golf podcast. Proper mental health issues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whole thing created some mental demons for Lawrie as well. Because he felt/feels(which is true) that no one ever thinks of him as the victor. He discussed it on The thing about golf podcast. Proper mental health issues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, everyone forgets about the winner when something like this happens.

Yep, everyone forgets about the winner when something like this happens.
Doug Sanders took 4 shots from 74 yards, including a missed 3 footer, to end up in a playoff to Jack, which he lost.

"But they still ask me if I ever think about that putt I missed to win the 1970 Open at St. Andrews. I tell them that some times it doesn't cross my mind for a full five minutes.”

Doug Sanders took 4 shots from 74 yards, including a missed 3 footer, to end up in a playoff to Jack, which he lost.

"But they still ask me if I ever think about that putt I missed to win the 1970 Open at St. Andrews. I tell them that some times it doesn't cross my mind for a full five minutes.”
From that distance I’m odds on to miss the playoff. 😂

What possessed him? I remember watching it. ****ing insane.
It's been covered before but he was actually super unlucky.

The iron shot into the grandstand hit a narrow pole and ricocheted backwards back into the burn. Hits literally anywhere else and he gets a free drop and is the Open champion.

PGA TOUR {Travelers Championship}

L. Aberg $20 at $13
C. Morikawa $20 at $12
P. Cantlay $11 at $19
T. Finau $20 at $31
D. Mccarthy $5 at $51

DP WORLD TOUR {KLM Open}

T. Mckibbin $10 at $17
R. Mansell $10 at $26

LPGA TOUR {KPMG Women's PGA Championship}

A. Thitikul $20 at $15
R. Zhang $9 at $26
N. Hataoka $10 at $34
G. Ruffels $5 at $51
Alison Lee $5 at $61

multi: A. Thitikul & T. Finau $5 to collect $2325.
outlay: $150

BEN COLEYS TIPS
V. Hovland
P. Cantlay
J. Spieth
D. Mccarthy

IAN WILKERSON'S TIPS
H. Matsuyama
C. Conners
R. Henley
Good effort last week with the collect on Bryson mate. Another nice result :thumbsu:

The iron shot into the grandstand hit a narrow pole and ricocheted backwards back into the burn. Hits literally anywhere else and he gets a free drop and is the Open champion.
Play the hole as a bogey hole at worst and he walks away as a two shot British Open champion. Even the commentator was questioning driver where he got lucky and then the fairway wood for his second shot.

Play the hole as a bogey hole at worst and he walks away as a two shot British Open champion. Even the commentator was questioning driver where he got lucky and then the fairway wood for his second shot.
That was some of the best commentary I’ve heard at any tournament Peter Ellis I think his name was

The bounce off the stand went into the hay. From there he hacked it into the burn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching KLM Open.
If you play such a poor shot that you hit a ball on the fly into a grandstand, why do you get free relief?
Never understood this. Surely it should be a penalty, imo.
Agree some players hit into the stand as it’s an easier shot from the drop zone than maybe bin a bunker or rough. Make the stands hospitality tent oob that would fix it

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back