Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t have the stats but the back nine looks a hell of a lot harder than the front need to shoot low early and hopefully hang on to win

The back 9, esp the final 6, go straight into the prevailing SW wind. It will blow that way tonight too. Great seeing pros struggling to reach fairways.

Edit: the above may be out by between 150 and 210 degrees

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
It really is the one event that your tee time can be a serious advantage or a serious disadvantage. By far and away my favourite major for those reasons but also have to acknowledge that it is totally not a fair tournament when the weather can be so different during the day.
The third round morning groups were playing a far easier golf course than the arvo groups.

It really is the one event that your tee time can be a serious advantage or a serious disadvantage. By far and away my favourite major for those reasons but also have to acknowledge that it is totally not a fair tournament when the weather can be so different during the day.
The third round morning groups were playing a far easier golf course than the arvo groups.
I saw it was 10 minutes to 6 when the second last group teed off the tenth they need to bring the tee times forward by about 3 hours

Last edited:
Sundays time reflect Saturdays score

Because other majors are played indoors?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back