Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Fading into obscurity apparently..

View attachment 2055385

What’s going to fade into obscurity is this year of pro golf. We now have to wait until Augusta to see the best players together again.

Although Xander and Scottie going head to head down the stretch at some stage over the next couple of months would be good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s going to fade into obscurity is this year of pro golf. We now have to wait until Augusta to see the best players together again.

Although Xander and Scottie going head to head down the stretch at some stage over the next couple of months would be good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeh not a lot on the horizon.

I try to get into the Fedex Cup but the format isn't quite right. In fairness, it's quite a difficult sport to have some sort of season ending final though. Id much rather a matchplay tournament to end the year.

The courses get plenty of criticism as well.

Will probably follow it more this year given the Scottie v Xander storyline.

Yeh not a lot on the horizon.

I try to get into the Fedex Cup but the format isn't quite right. In fairness, it's quite a difficult sport to have some sort of season ending final though. Id much rather a matchplay tournament to end the year.

The courses get plenty of criticism as well.

Will probably follow it more this year given the Scottie v Xander storyline.

Agree, think the format can be better. Don't like the idea of players being given head starts in golf tournaments. Match play would resolve that, you lose your out.

Agree, think the format can be better. Don't like the idea of players being given head starts in golf tournaments. Match play would resolve that, you lose your out.
Match play certainly a better option than the current handicap nonsense. Although the broadcasters hate match play and the format still wouldn't identify the best player of the season, just the best player that week.

Reckon that rather than the season ender being the "Season Championship", reckon they would be better off moving something big, like Riviera or Pebble Beach, to that point of the year. Or, maybe, just maybe, lets have an international swin in there!

But right now the PGAT couldn't be relied on to organise sex in a monkey brothel if they walked in with a bag of bananas.

Match play certainly a better option than the current handicap nonsense. Although the broadcasters hate match play and the format still wouldn't identify the best player of the season, just the best player that week.

Reckon that rather than the season ender being the "Season Championship", reckon they would be better off moving something big, like Riviera or Pebble Beach, to that point of the year. Or, maybe, just maybe, lets have an international swin in there!

But right now the PGAT couldn't be relied on to organise sex in a monkey brothel if they walked in with a bag of bananas.

Why can't the best player of the season get 2million for finishing top of the Fedex cup before the playoffs.
Then the playoffs are like the GF where its the best player over that 3 week period.

Why can't the best player of the season get 2million for finishing top of the Fedex cup before the playoffs.
Then the playoffs are like the GF where its the best player over that 3 week period.
That was pretty much the old Fedex Cup/Tour Championship - where there could be different winners of the two. Problem with that system and the current system is that wat the end of the day, no one really cares, compared with winning a major.

That was pretty much the old Fedex Cup/Tour Championship - where there could be different winners of the two. Problem with that system and the current system is that wat the end of the day, no one really cares, compared with winning a major.

Then they should just make it a points system and top of the table wins. Like you said, outside the majors at this minute no one cares who wins anything else.
And while we hear progress is getting made re merger it is really dragging on which leads me to believe their is certainly things both sides won't budge on.

Then they should just make it a points system and top of the table wins. Like you said, outside the majors at this minute no one cares who wins anything else.
And while we hear progress is getting made re merger it is really dragging on which leads me to believe their is certainly things both sides won't budge on.
The Tour/broadcasters want a finale.

Reckon this might get a few viewers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Seniors are teeing it up at Carnoustie tonight in the Old Bastards Open.

In particular, there is one old bastard deserving of the name, a 52 year old qualifier named Roderick Bastard.
One of my good mates tried to pre-qualify at Panmure and missed out.

He told me on a call last night that Panmure was set up very difficult but that Carnoustie was a whole new level when he visited there yesterday. It may be quite a decent watch if the weather gets rough.

One of my good mates tried to pre-qualify at Panmure and missed out.

He told me on a call last night that Panmure was set up very difficult but that Carnoustie was a whole new level when he visited there yesterday. It may be quite a decent watch if the weather gets rough.
Greg Chalmers(playing this week) told a story of Jean Van de Velde being in a car with an Aussie golf pro and his wife. The wife tentatively asked, "Jean, is there ever a day that goes by where no one mentions the 18th at Carnoustie".

Jean paused and then exclaimed with his hands in the air, "Today. Today was going to be the day! But you've ruined it!"

Apparently a good bloke with a great sense of humour.

PGA TOUR {3M Open}

T. Finau $50 at $10
J.T. Poston $10 at $26
P. Rodgers $5 at $41
M. Mcnearly $15 at $51
C. Phillips $5 at $151
D. Ghim $5 at $61

LPGA TOUR

Alison Lee $10 at $31
A. Ewing $20 at $13

outlay: $120

BEN COLEYS TIPS

T. Finau
J.T. Poston
Cam Davis
A. Eckroat
J. Suh

STEVE BAMFORDS TIPS

S. Burns
E.V.Rooyen
A. Hadwin
P. Kizzire

Another clown that believes that the USPGA tour is holier than thou 😂
Hate to break it to you but I've been critical often of the PGA Tour, it's governance and decisions it has made since LIV began.

I've also stated many times I'm very much for a pro global tour - just not LIV and its format. As it currently stands, I'd much rather the PGAT until such time a tour is established. As for Rahm, I've found him to be very insincere ever since he moved to LIV. I dont believe a word he says.

Bit childish resorting to name calling over my preference and views about a golf tour?

Hate to break it to you but I've been critical often of the PGA Tour, it's governance and decisions it has made since LIV began.

I've also stated many times I'm very much for a pro global tour - just not LIV and its format. As it currently stands, I'd much rather the PGAT until such time a tour is established. As for Rahm, I've found him to be very insincere ever since he moved to LIV. I dont believe a word he says.

Bit childish resorting to name calling over my preference and views about a golf tour?
How would you or that dick who made the X tweet know whether it was fake or not?

"THE OLYMPIC GAMES" "MENS TOURNAMENT"

L. Aberg $50 at $11
C. Morikawa $50 at $13
M.W. Lee $10 at $26
N. Hojgaard $10 at $61
R. Mcilroy $50 at $9

total: $170

BEN COLEYS TIPS
R. Mcilroy
T. Kim
C. Conners
T. Olesen

STEVE PALMERS TIPS
C. Morikawa
T. Kim
S. Straka
Ben An

Last edited:
How would you or that dick who made the X tweet know whether it was fake or not?
Because its an internet forum where people give their opinions or speculate on things or people for a range of reasons? As i just said, i find Rahm to be fake, insincere and dishonest since he he left for LIV. Thats why.

I would have thought a bloke who appears to spend most of his time in NWO/Illuminati/conspiracy theory threads in here would understand speculating better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back