Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if I'd call it a choke. But his double on the par 5 14th without getting into any real trouble was some kind of an abomination.

That was a really strange hole and it looked to me he just wanted to get the two shots back on that hole and when he realised he was putting for a bogey he just lost concentration.

Strange course as it looks like its difficult with the rough and the commentators kept saying how difficult it was yet the scores say it was a pretty simple course as it got slayed by the good players.

LiV works for some golfers like Bryson. Disaster for others like Rahm.

Lack of proper competition reps has turned him into a mental spud. Pre-LiV Rahm isn’t choking that, he’s winning by 5.

Lack of proper competition reps has turned him into a mental spud. Pre-LiV Rahm isn’t choking that, he’s winning by 5.

So what was the reason why Shauffele, Morikawa, Clark, Aberg couldn't get it done? They play 72 holes week in week out.

this crap about lack of competition, 54 holes is just childlike nonsense.

Bit early for that call - reckon Rahm will work out a way to prepare himself better next year. This is only his 4th non-LIV tournament since going over.

So what was the reason why Shauffele, Morikawa, Clark, Aberg couldn't get it done? They play 72 holes week in week out.

this crap about lack of competition, 54 holes is just childlike nonsense.

Rahm is better than those golfers, or at least his ceiling is higher. It’s nothing to do with 54 holes it’s the nature of the LIV comp as a whole. A player, I can’t remember who, in liv a couple of weeks ago missed a short putt to go into a playoff and he just laughed and shrugged because it was meaningless.

If you don’t think there is a difference between playing proper tournaments and these liv exhibitions then I don’t know what to tell you

Rahm is better than those golfers, or at least his ceiling is higher. It’s nothing to do with 54 holes it’s the nature of the LIV comp as a whole. A player, I can’t remember who, in liv a couple of weeks ago missed a short putt to go into a playoff and he just laughed and shrugged because it was meaningless.

If you don’t think there is a difference between playing proper tournaments and these liv exhibitions then I don’t know what to tell you

You are talking about Lahiri, don't make stuff up as he was devastated after missing the putt.
You are listening to way to much pGA tour bullshit from the likes of Chamblee.
Liv golf is as far from exhibition golf as it could be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back