Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not but it has in the past and something needs to change. It’s not fair on the players
Absolutely its a problem - how to solve it is another thing. Biggest problem is all the players know that the players who get "hurt" by slow play are the ones who are naturally fast. So they end up playing at the slow player(s) pace to keep some sort of rhythm going. And the cycle continues.

Very hard to start penalising players. They already have(meaningless) fines in play, but if they were to change it to shot penalties, it would be very difficult to administer. Do you penalise one player or the pairing/three? Imagine the b/s appeals, etc., that would go on after rounds.

I know but seriously someone should of told him to pull the big boy pants up and finish.
Shotgun Start reported that he was told by the officials on the 18th tee that "we aren't blowing the horn, but you can take it that we have given you the horn" or something like that.

Still a completely crap act from Kuchar.

Absolutely its a problem - how to solve it is another thing. Biggest problem is all the players know that the players who get "hurt" by slow play are the ones who are naturally fast. So they end up playing at the slow player(s) pace to keep some sort of rhythm going. And the cycle continues.

Very hard to start penalising players. They already have(meaningless) fines in play, but if they were to change it to shot penalties, it would be very difficult to administer. Do you penalise one player or the pairing/three? Imagine the b/s appeals, etc., that would go on after rounds.

Play ready would help I think, that the pros still have to play in order is crazy these days. While bloke is getting a ruling from an official or looking for his ball the others can just walk up to their ball and play it.

Play ready would help I think, that the pros still have to play in order is crazy these days. While bloke is getting a ruling from an official or looking for his ball the others can just walk up to their ball and play it.
Maybe - reckon most of them love it when they can take extra time over their yardage books whilst someone else is taking forever with a rules official.

Maybe - reckon most of them love it when they can take extra time over their yardage books whilst someone else is taking forever with a rules official.

I reckon it would be worth trialing the play ready aspect. I think many would just hit their shot and go and walk up to the green while they wait for Cantlay to go through his process.

Should be allowed to use rangefinders - taking 10 minutes to work out the yardage is a joke.

Also should be realised if they ask for relief and don't get it. Cheating campaigners

LPGA TOUR {Scottish Open}

A. Ewing $15 at $19H
Minjee Lee $10 at $21
B.M. Henderson $10 at $21
C. Hull $10 at $29

PGA TOUR {St Jude Championship}

C. Morikawa $20 at $13
L. Aberg $20 at $19
P. Cantlay $50 at $21
T. Finau $10 at $34
Cam Young $5 at $41
W. Clark $5 at $61
D. Mccarthy $5 at $126

outlay: $160

BEN COLEY'S TIPS

H. Matsuyama
T. Kim
J. Thomas
S. Theegala
W. Zalatoris

STEVE PALMER'S TIPS

P. Cantlay
H. Matsuyama
A. Scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A. Ewing $15 at $19H
Minjee Lee $10 at $21
C. Hull $10 at $29

C. Morikawa $20 at $13
L. Aberg $20 at $19
P. Cantlay $50 at $21
T. Finau $10 at $34
Cam Young $5 at $41
W. Clark $5 at $61
D. Mccarthy $5 at $126

BEN COLEY'S TIPS

H. Matsuyama
T. Kim
J. Thomas
S. Theegala
W. Zalatoris

STEVE PALMER'S TIPS

P. Cantlay
H. Matsuyama
A. Scott
Finau and Collin for me

Need to be a fairway finder this week

A. Ewing $15 at $19H
Minjee Lee $10 at $21
C. Hull $10 at $29

C. Morikawa $20 at $13
L. Aberg $20 at $19
P. Cantlay $50 at $21
T. Finau $10 at $34
Cam Young $5 at $41
W. Clark $5 at $61
D. Mccarthy $5 at $126

BEN COLEY'S TIPS

H. Matsuyama
T. Kim
J. Thomas
S. Theegala
W. Zalatoris

STEVE PALMER'S TIPS

P. Cantlay
H. Matsuyama
A. Scott
Glad to see you made it into the top 70 to keep your punting season alive.

Glad to see you made it into the top 70 to keep your punting season alive.
Well, hopefully after this tournament I'll get a....:D
Merci Beaucoup Thank You GIF by Build Your Dream Network

A Scott projected at 51 near the end of rd 1. Would make for compelling viewing over the weekend if you didn’t think he couldn’t get sponsor invites at will next year - like this year, which got him inside the top 50.

Edit: now the bubble boy at 50.

Disappointing season for MWL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is there a player on the golfing world stage with a bigger gap between his "brand" and his results?

Is there a player on the golfing world stage with a bigger gap between his "brand" and his results?
International Superstar Tom Kim?

He(MWL) certainly hasn't kicked on this year. Will be hoping his brand snags him a few sponsor invites next year. Because without them - or some outstanding early season play next year - he will be stuck in limbo with all the other blokes from 51-125. Which is as it should be. Scott wouldn't have made it back into the top 50 without sponsor invites to the signature events this season. Which stinks a bit.

Last edited:
Forecast seems to be around 20mph with gusts at double that. Will give them enough to think about. Not sure these are the conditions for Nelly to re-discover her groove.
Apparently greens will be stimping at about 9.7.

It was amazing when I played for 2 weeks in Scotland - in benign weather - how much slower they run their greens at compared to Australia. For some reason we seem to have a fascination with mega fast greens that nowhere in the rest of the world seems to. My club for a while was displaying the daily stimpmeter reading in the pro shop.

Perhaps partly explains why golf is so absurdly slow over here (but that's another topic altogether).

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back