Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got to admit I’m not a big fan of the fed ex cup I would rather see a world open or masters than this Mickey Mouse tournament

The handicap start makes it a novelty event. Should go back to two awards. A “championship” for the season winner and a “playoff” for the last 30.

Would actually prefer seeded match play knockout for the top 64(which gets them into signature events) and no final tournament- but broadcasters don’t like that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PGA TOUR {The Tour Championship}
Ludvig Aberg $50 at $17

DP WORLD TOUR {British Masters}
Tom Mckibbin $10 at $21
Thriston Lawrence $10 at 21
Richard Mansell $10 at $34
outlay: $80

BEN COLEYS TIPS FOR THE TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
Rory Mcilroy
Victor Hovland
AND THE BRITISH MASTERS
Matt Wallace
Thriston Lawrence
Alex Fitzpatrick
Joost Luiten
Richie Ramsay

STEVE PALMERS TIPS FOR THE BRITISH MASTERS
Thriston Lawrence
Matt Wallace
Frederic Lacroix
Richard Mansell
AND THE TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
Ludvig Aberg
Sam Burns
Patrick Cantlay
Wyndham Clark

So Scheffler shoots low round of the day and kills the tournament. Barring an implosion the weekend will be a snoozer.

Cant blame the PGAT though. They couldn’t have foreseen the best golfer of the year boosting the lead they gave him. So unexpected.

It would be like me playing off 13 in a match against a 3 handicap and giving HIM 10 shots.

So Scheffler shoots low round of the day and kills the tournament. Barring an implosion the weekend will be a snoozer.

Cant blame the PGAT though. They couldn’t have foreseen the best golfer of the year boosting the lead they gave him. So unexpected.

It’s a joke of a tournament the fed ex cup . Get rid of it I say😂

There should be a competition to find any golf fan across the world who actually likes this format.

Pretty much on the money there. I used to watch most tournaments in the us now except for the majors and a couple of others I couldn’t give a **** about it

Pretty much on the money there. I used to watch most tournaments in the us now except for the majors and a couple of others I couldn’t give a **** about it

You are lucky. I can’t stop watching the diluted product!

Was pleased to hear that some change is being mooted at the PGAT - in the form of significant cost cutting measures that are apparently coming. Hope that sools the suits into some action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Yanks need to do something about their courses. this 20-30 under has become boring to watch. It's the same every week with these guys shooting the lights out. There are no hazards virtually no rough. Its a walk in the park for these pros.
The handicap start distorted this week's scoring.

Wait til you see the LIV finale. Apparently Bolingbrook is a shocker.

Don't blame the courses - blame golf tech.

Its both I think. Bunkers were once a hazard not to go in. Now they are no hazard at all. Its what is so great about links golf, bunkers are there to avoid and mistakes are penalised.
These guys today hit balls in water and still make par. They are bloody good players but golf needs to return to where bad shots are a penalty.

Its both I think. Bunkers were once a hazard not to go in. Now they are no hazard at all. Its what is so great about links golf, bunkers are there to avoid and mistakes are penalised.
These guys today hit balls in water and still make par. They are bloody good players but golf needs to return to where bad shots are a penalty.
Scottie's shank out of one today made them look a bit difficult. That PGAT sand saves are around 50% also suggests a level of difficulty.

Handicap system this year hasn't worked due to Scottie dominance but without looking into the past end of season rounds, is their closer finish? Or handicap system has the same starting each time

Handicap system this year hasn't worked due to Scottie dominance but without looking into the past end of season rounds, is their closer finish? Or handicap system has the same starting each time
It's been the same each time they have used this terrible system - winner gets a two shot lead, etc.

You seriously couldn't design something more likely to produce a snoozefest. All it promotes is viewers hoping that the best player of the year plays badly so we get a close finish.

What's just as weird is that OWGR points for this week were awarded on the gross scores - so Sahith earned the most points.

One highlight was A. Scott's late season form. By making it to the final, he is exempt into the US Open, which means he will be exempt into at least the next 5 majors. Barring a complete disaster of a 2025 season, his schedule should see him continue to earn points to protect his ranking into the 26 season. Quite an extraordinary achievement if he gets to 100 straight majors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - Come for the golf. Stay for the gorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back