Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Just feels like besides the few cool wins for the INT, the depth of US talent is just too hard to surpass every time. Enjoy the event/format but how can it be more competitive in future I wonder

Just feels like besides the few cool wins for the INT, the depth of US talent is just too hard to surpass every time. Enjoy the event/format but how can it be more competitive in future I wonder
it will never happen(because it would require the PGAT to dilute its ownership of the one substantial product it owns outright) but turning it into a mixed event would be fantastic. And 12 of the top 20 women in the OWGR would be INTs. 6 of them are Yanks.

Will that be A Scott’s last P Cup? His exemptions next year should see him earn a swag of points - will that carry through to 26 so he can cop another spanking at Medinah?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I expect him to make himself available for KH.

it will never happen(because it would require the PGAT to dilute its ownership of the one substantial product it owns outright) but turning it into a mixed event would be fantastic. And 12 of the top 20 women in the OWGR would be INTs. 6 of them are Yanks.

^^^^ this.

I expect him to make himself available for KH.

^^^^ this.

I was questioning whether he will still be good enough to get picked. This time last year I think he would have needed a captain’s pick? Two years takes him to 46. In his favour is he still seems to have the hunger. And ball speed.

As much as we all love Scott, his P Cup record is pretty ordinary. Like most Internationals!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Found picking Day to lead the charge yesterday mind boggling. They could not find a spot for him in 8 matches on saturday and knowing they must get off to a hot start they chose Day out first.
The Americans are too good we all get that but Captain Wier never gave his side a chance leading with Day. They had to load up with the i form of the weekend at the top.
Hideki first up, followed by one of the Canadians maybe and then SW Kim etc.
I know it's all easy in hindsight but Day is out of his depth staring down Schauffele.

Found picking Day to lead the charge yesterday mind boggling. They could not find a spot for him in 8 matches on saturday and knowing they must get off to a hot start they chose Day out first.
The Americans are too good we all get that but Captain Wier never gave his side a chance leading with Day. They had to load up with the i form of the weekend at the top.
Hideki first up, followed by one of the Canadians maybe and then SW Kim etc.
I know it's all easy in hindsight but Day is out of his depth staring down Schauffele.
The science of picking match play match-ups via the snake format is pretty close to voodoo - but yes, the oddity was more not playing Day(and the three others) in both of the Saturday sessions.

Weir's biggest error was not picking Cam Davis - he was #8 in the standings FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back