Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but they are not as difficult for these modern day players. They go in them and then just lob it on the green. Fairway bunkers it should be impossible to move the ball forward. Must play out sideways is your only option.
That's your imagination - sand saves run at around 50% on the PGAT. That equates to a half shot penalty.

Not really, it’s like shelling peas watching pros in bunkers.
Bunkers are supposed to be hazards. At 50% sand saves they are not a hazard.
A good figure for Sand saves should be 10% at best.
There is nothing difficult at all about bunker play for pro golfers.
Are you purposely being a bit silly? Half the time, pros make bogey when the hit a greenside bunker "in regulation". That's a disaster for them.

Just like when Ricky Bobby thought he couldn't walk, this is all in your head.

Not sure which part of 50% sand saves you don't understand, but bunkers aren't the problem when it comes to tour pros eating up golf courses. It's more along the lines that they are usually going at greens with wedges so they don't land in traps.

Sand saves involve another element which is putting, I am not talking about putting here. The fact remains pro golfers have no problem hitting balls to green from fairway bunkers and no problem splashing out from greenside bunkers. They don't even seem disappointed going in bunkers anymore.
That they go on and miss putts has nothing to do with how easy it is for pros to play out of existing bunkers.

Sand saves involve another element which is putting, I am not talking about putting here. The fact remains pro golfers have no problem hitting balls to green from fairway bunkers and no problem splashing out from greenside bunkers. They don't even seem disappointed going in bunkers anymore.
That they go on and miss putts has nothing to do with how easy it is for pros to play out of existing bunkers.

Sand save data hasn’t changed, driving distance is always increasing. That’s another clue for you on where the problem is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf World Golf thread - feat. The 2024 Presidents Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back