Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

The Australian PGA Championship at Royal Queensland has been very well attended these past two years. As has the Australian open. haven't been able to find exact numbers, but something around 60k each.

AnyAussie open at Royal Melbourne would attract massive crowds if the calibre of players were what LIV golf’s are.

I heard that Singapore pay the most for any of the LIV events, yet don’t seem to get big crowds. What is the city paying for?

Dunno. I’m currently in Singapore. There’s a marquee set up in Orchard Road promoting it. It’s four billion degrees here, couldn’t watch it live not to mention playing in these conditions. 🥵

Dunno. I’m currently in Singapore. There’s a marquee set up in Orchard Road promoting it. It’s four billion degrees here, couldn’t watch it live not to mention playing in these conditions. 🥵
Saw singapore open in jan a few years ago , unaware golf was on. Stayed near course , watched sergio garcia in the morning . 9 holes was enough . Drank alot of water . Not sure litres of alcohol in such climes is good idea for fans at Liv let alone any event there IMG_0458.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw singapore open in jan a few years ago , unaware golf was on. Stayed near course , watched sergio garcia in the morning . 9 holes was enough . Drank alot of water . Not sure litres of alcohol in such climes is good idea for fans at Liv let alone any event thereView attachment 1974784

I played Sentosa, Singapore CC, Tanah Merah and Laguna in 2017. Lightning warnings, cobra signs in the rough and the heat!!! Loved it.
Beers post round got absolutely hammered. Necessary. We had a mate who worked here and showed us the absolute best food and drinks I’ve ever experienced.
Flew out of Melb morning after Tiges flag with a spring in my step. Great memories.

AnyAussie open at Royal Melbourne would attract massive crowds if the calibre of players were what LIV golf’s are.
If the PGAT had any brains they would incorporate the Aussie Open into their oversea's schedule. Would immediately become a huge event.

If the PGAT had any brains they would incorporate the Aussie Open into their oversea's schedule. Would immediately become a huge event.
Might be the only way we have a 2024 Australian Open. Still no venue announced. Surely it must be 50/50 to be cancelled?

Might be the only way we have a 2024 Australian Open. Still no venue announced. Surely it must be 50/50 to be cancelled?

Talk Birdie to Me pod have been hinting that an announcement is imminent. Speculation was that NSW was offering $8m but was having trouble finding two courses, Vic has the courses but was only offering $4m

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DP WORLD TOUR {China Open}
T. Mckibbin $20 at $15
A. Rozner $10 at $29
C. Syme $10 at $31
A. Del Rey $10 at $34

PGA TOUR {CJ Cup}
M. W. Lee $30 at $21
S. W. Kim $15 at $17
T. Detry $10 at $34
M. Mcnearly $5 at $51
D. Ghim $5 at $61
B. Wu $5 at $151

outlay $120

BEN COLEYS TIPS
J. Spieth
T. Kim
S. Stevens
N. Lashley
C. T. Pan
D. Riley

STEVE PALMERS TIPS
A. Scott
S. Jaeger
Ben An
K. H. Lee
S. Stevens

Mark Allen speculating that DJ, Bubba and Brooks all want to return to the PGAT at the expiration of their contracts.

Think that would be at the end of next year for the first two?

If true or not, it shows the need for LIV to keep recruiting. A lot of the old blokes surely won’t get re-signed once off contract.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DJ and Bubba rather surprising names to hear. Brooks was always linked to a move back early on but everything he has done since then suggests otherwise.

Definitely a need to recruit some younger PGAT talent. Until then, a large part of their roster will be taken up by the Westwoods, Poulters, McDowells, CHIII and no name players qualifying from the Asian Tour. And Anthony Kim.

They might attract some more players now after LIV announced the final to be played at the... Bolingbrook Golf Club? I see you can get on for $50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back