PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the deal with the stat crunch? Gear is like vanilla/BC stats but LK health pools. Timeless Isle reminds me of the Isle of QQ (Sunwell), especially on a pvp server. Got nearly all my gear from chests, spent 10k coins on a weapon for my tank. If I was dps I'd jump into LFR but as a tank and nfi about the fights I'm happy to miss it with 2 weeks to go and just do pet battles and get my fishing/cooking back up :D
The numbers on boss health for example had reached the limit on what I think an integer could store, something like that. That and the huge numbers just take more processing grunt to work through as well as some people just don't like to look at/deal with large numbers.

If you run old content, you are 'buffed' so that you do comparative damage to before the squish.

The numbers on boss health for example had reached the limit on what I think an integer could store, something like that. That and the huge numbers just take more processing grunt to work through as well as some people just don't like to look at/deal with large numbers.

If you run old content, you are 'buffed' so that you do comparative damage to before the squish.

I jumped into BT earlier to try and get the shield off Illidan since I used to vendor all my gear when it became obsolete baring a few tier pieces, and I crapped myself when I walked in to find the first lot of elementals and naha at like 100-300k. I attacked anyway and yeah was like you said, I was buffed :D Unfortunately no luck on the shield, hopefully this reset. Transmorg is great, I'm that tragic hobo in the corner still rocking T6 and wearing Hand of A'dal that keeps saying "remember how good BC was?!"

Any thoughts on what class to rock with my level boost for WOD.

Have played Lock, shammy, pally in the past. Curious to try perhaps DK or Priest. Any advice on what people find enjoyable?

I've been playing for an hour or so, I'm on EU. I like the first lot of missions. The server was a mess though for the first 2 hours.
Should be fun then considering im on Frostmourne, and the queue is already apparently heading to 4000 !

Glad I xferred off Frosty and back to Jubei, my original home, a little while ago then. Just logged in to character screen, Jubei high, Frostmourne locked lol.
Frosty is my original home but its ok because i got on early before the queue. Its a double edged sword, having the massive population is great for a lot of things but sucks if you get stuck behind the queue.

Edit: Oh and the opening night chaos can throw up some great fun! The massive pvp brawls in Hyjal on cata release night were amazing fun.

I went to Vashj'ir first in Cata (frosty Alliance at that time) and the shit fight over that shell thing for the sea legs quest was great. One of my mates was in Tsunami at the time so I just tagged along with and him and some of his mates and did a heap of instance grinding not long after that. Seemed a pretty good way to do it when the world servers were under stress and everyone fighting and tagging mobs. I didn't even get MoP until a few days after launch so the leveling was quite peaceful (except I didn't like anything about the expansion once I hit 90 so I just unsubbed again lol). WoD is all loaded but I'll just suck it up and wait until tomorrow or the weekend. No raids for like 3 weeks anyway so not so much of a hurry. Not that I'll be raiding I don't think. Full casual for me, LFR loot pinata and will try and pug a raid once a week in my own time.

Been trying to read what buildings to put in my garrison. I think the Lumbermill goes alright but I don't understand them all yet. Then have to look into what buildings to get for alts to best support my main.

I went to Vashj'ir first in Cata (frosty Alliance at that time) and the shit fight over that shell thing for the sea legs quest was great. One of my mates was in Tsunami at the time so I just tagged along with and him and some of his mates and did a heap of instance grinding not long after that. Seemed a pretty good way to do it when the world servers were under stress and everything fighting for tagged mobs. I didn't even get MoP until a few days after launch so the leveling was quite peaceful (except I didn't like anything about the expansion once I hit 90 so I just unsubbed again lol). WoD is all loaded but I'll just suck it up and wait until tomorrow or the weekend. No raids for like 3 weeks anyway so not so much of a hurry. Not that I'll be raiding I don't think. Full casual for me, LFR loot pinata and will try and pug a raid once a week in my own time.

Been trying to read what buildings to put in my garrison. I think the Lumbermill goes alright but I don't understand them all yet. Then have to look into what buildings to get for alts to best support my main.
Mop was boned for ally with this vehicle quest thing that had everyone just going in circles for ages. And it split the ally and horde to different sides of the zone at the start. Yeah I won't be raiding, things will get too busy. Usually ways now to find a random group if and when you do have some time now anyway.

Not risking logging off. Need to find one of these bad boys to keep me going.

Drinking-Bird-Simpsons-01.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played every launch. Apart from losing days in 2004 it's never been this bad.

Days? I've also played since launch but have a better memory. Launch itself was by far the worst, Blizz weren't expecting the kind of numbers that bought the game and the servers pretty much blew up for a month. After that it was constant queues in the 1000's for months following until proper hardware was put in place. BC had constant disconnections for the first two weeks, along with the constant stuck kneeling for a few minutes looting some shit only to find yourself dead. Wrath was probably the smoothest, most server blades had been replaced in the lead up to it, but as with all releases still had downtime. Cata was okay, had probably as many issues as Warlords but as all starting and progression zones were shared it made it a nightmare, any lag at all meant an easy pvp target. I missed Mists so can't comment on that.

Warlords has been really smooth, the main issues are the stupid click quests at the start and the latest spouts of disconnections which have been mainly caused by DDoS attacks, which led to temporary reduced pop sizes which in turn caused the endless queues.

Days? I've also played since launch but have a better memory. Launch itself was by far the worst, Blizz weren't expecting the kind of numbers that bought the game and the servers pretty much blew up for a month. After that it was constant queues in the 1000's for months following until proper hardware was put in place. BC had constant disconnections for the first two weeks, along with the constant stuck kneeling for a few minutes looting some shit only to find yourself dead. Wrath was probably the smoothest, most server blades had been replaced in the lead up to it, but as with all releases still had downtime. Cata was okay, had probably as many issues as Warlords but as all starting and progression zones were shared it made it a nightmare, any lag at all meant an easy pvp target. I missed Mists so can't comment on that.

Warlords has been really smooth, the main issues are the stupid click quests at the start and the latest spouts of disconnections which have been mainly caused by DDoS attacks, which led to temporary reduced pop sizes which in turn caused the endless queues.

Queues in the 1000's for months? What server where you on? Blackrock? Never saw queues in the 1000's for months. There were queues in the 1000's, but for months? Nope. Kneeling and getting stuck as you call it was lootlag, that was around long before BC. The 2004 launch is irrelevant as they had zero experience, this is a decade later and people are stuck in Frostfire because they ****ed up Garrisons and the questline and a lot cant level. This launch out of all the expansions is the worst.

Edit. I just saw that they did cop DDoS attacks. Still the worst expansion launch I've played.

Set my alarm for 9am this morning to beat the queues and haven't been off since. Been taking my time tanking dungeons, doing fishing, archeology, questing, garrison etc and just hit Gorgrond and nearly 23. What's annoying me is the same thing since cata. I want to load my questlog up and head out but this insistence on just handing out 2 or 3 quests then having to head back again. It really slows the process down.

Set my alarm for 9am this morning to beat the queues and haven't been off since. Been taking my time tanking dungeons, doing fishing, archeology, questing, garrison etc and just hit Gorgrond and nearly 23. What's annoying me is the same thing since cata. I want to load my questlog up and head out but this insistence on just handing out 2 or 3 quests then having to head back again. It really slows the process down.
9am to beat the queue? Ahh I can only dream. Was up around 6:30 so 9:30 server time. My position in queue right now is still only down to 1650. Good work Blizz! Apparently filled up the moment it came back up from maintenance. o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back