Worsfold knockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I accept the game plan needs to be overhauled, but calling for the great man's head is not the answer.

Far be it from me to dare challenge a moderator :eek: but I really hate these dumb-as straw-man excuses for reason.

Maybe one or two people on here (at most) have been calling for Woosha's head, so what's with that accusation ?

Fortunately Keyless (he of the naughty pix thing), has been bold enough to dare question the mighty Woosh.

Can moderators get red-carded ?

Far be it from me to dare challenge a moderator :eek: but I really hate these dumb-as straw-man excuses for reason.

Maybe one or two people on here (at most) have been calling for Woosha's head, so what's with that accusation ?

Fortunately Keyless (he of the naughty pix thing), has been bold enough to dare question the mighty Woosh.

There has been a bit of anti-Woosh sentiment, some of which has been OTT without implicitly calling for his head.

We are 2-12 without any signs externally that the powers to be are concerned at this, so some questioning is in order within reason and not forgetting that Woosh did, in fact, take us to a premiership.

And as for mods getting red carded, don't you worry about that.:p

Now time to go and do something predictable

Woosha is a successful coach and a great role model for young players. And Woosha is not responsible for senior management. It is they who have flattened the club by not making sure key players are looked after and with one witch hunt too many. Losing one key player is an accident, losing two is careless but losing four is a disaster. After this they compound the problem with a poorly executed attempt at culture change to appease the AFL. It will take time to turn this mess around. We need senior management to be very quiet. We need Woosha for stability. Go Woosha and you Eagles... show us how it is done.

It appears clear that the players have given up on Worsfold. No group of players, especially that many premiership players, are this bad if they are motivated. Today was the final straw for anybody who wasn't certain. Richmond got 11 goals in the 2nd qtr for God's sake - minus Richo!

I think only two things can happen from here. Both will be bad in the short term, but can improve the situation in the long term.

Option 1. Worsfold is fired or resigns immediately and Sumich or another candidate takes over. The players are then forced to play hard for the new coach. They have no excuse. If they don't play hard then option 2 can't be avoided.

Option 2. We de-list 10 players and trade another 5. We keep Worsfold but change the playing group over almost completely. We go back to ground zero and rebuild from there.

We can't keep going like this for the rest of the season. We just can't.

We can't keep going like this for the rest of the season. We just can't.

What if we take option 2 from your post? :D

In all seriousness, I remember one commentator hit it on the head when he said that the older players haven't stepped up because they were never asked to and a lot of them are just 2nd tier types anyway, while the kids feel like they can't be asked to take the game by the scruff of the neck because they're just playing for a game next week.

As a result you get safe footy which doesn't work.

All we have to do is wait until the youngsters aren't playing to stay in the team but are playing for wins. Then it'll all turn around.

How long that takes depends on how we develop them this year.

At least you guys have the ideal coach signed up if Woosha can't improve the performances or he loses the players.

Seriously ,
All the other teams including my own would not knock back M.Voss - Assistant coach. !!!

Worsfold is an absolute joke of a match day coach. Cant believe that for 3 quarters our zone defense got r*ped, but he doesnt change to man on man in the last to try something different.

Sumich is a pathetic midfield coach. Chipping the ball wide around the boundary lines in attack is not going to cause too many head aches for opposition sides.

Same as "players don't lose ability", well coaches don't forget how to coach.

He's a good coach that will build your team up again, just have to give him the time needed

too bloody right...

yeah its been a crap year, yes, some of the players have given up,

but with a few player changes, vossy working with our young mids, good draft picks, we will be moving up the ladder in 09.

stop panicking.

remember, we are not fremantle, our shitness is merely a temporary thing.
freo is shit forever.

Woosha isnt the problem. His steely gaze is the stuff of inspirational legend. Not one person in footy can stand infront of our squad and demand blood with near as much authority. The man embodies WCE, and everyone knows it and deeply respects him for it. He isnt the most astute matchday coach, which is surely obvious by now, however he is irreplacable as our spiritual leader.

The problem isnt Woosh. In a coaching panel of 4, 6 ,8, (10?) surely there will always be a spot for Woosha and that deadly stare?

Its the rest of the muppets around him in the box that need to be recycled.

John Worsfold can coach WC for the next 100 years, weekend at bernies style in the later years if needed... we just need to get a smarter (& less nepotistic) brains trust around him. Surely there is a super astute game day tactician floating about somewhere.

Time for a new right hand. Nothing wrong with the head... or heart, to be more accurate.

Your views aren't welcome

He came up with an idea to beat Adelaide.

bullshit he did...the players did it for Wirrpanda.

yesterday Richmond cleared the ball 11 times in the 2nd quarter resulting in 9 unanswered goals, where was the move too stem what was happening in the middle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bullshit he did...the players did it for Wirrpanda.

yesterday Richmond cleared the ball 11 times in the 2nd quarter resulting in 9 unanswered goals, where was the move too stem what was happening in the middle?

I forgot you had inside knowledge on what motivated the players. By the way that was in response to the previous poster so calm down.

I forgot you had inside knowledge on what motivated the players. By the way that was in response to the previous poster so calm down.

well if the players were motivated since we beat Adelaide then I'd say they have a funny way of showing it... ;) with motivation comes competition, we haven't looked competitive with the exception of the Sydney game.

doesn't need a person with inside knowledge...just watching what the boys are dishing up tells me there is no motivation.

anyways, is Worsfold on 6PR tonight?

No dumb reason at all. :mad:

I just find it ridiculous that people have been calling for him to step down and blame him for the loss of Cousins and Judd. Woosh gave us a premiership and deserves better than idiots calling for his head.

And a red card for giving an opinion? ;)

I just find it ridiculous that people have been calling for him to step down and blame him for the loss of Cousins and Judd. Woosh gave us a premiership and deserves better than idiots calling for his head.

I don't blame him for losing Judd and Cousins. I blame him for being unable to motivate the players this season.

If the players have given up on the coach, as Jakovich all but confirmed on Sunday, then there are only 2 choices - either they go, or the coach goes.

Are we really going to clean out half the team at the end of this year?

Is Worsfold capable of teaching and instructing the new and young player group, or is that going to be Voss's job?

Is Worsfold the right man for 2009?

If not, then it's best to make the change now. Being realistic, considering we finish the season with likely beltings against the Hawks and Cats in rounds 21 and 22, in order to have something to build on for next year we must be competitive in the matches against Brisbane, St Kilda, Essendon, Freo and Melbourne. Based on Sunday's horror show this is increasingly unlikely. Apart from the derby, what would be different in these matches compared to the Tigers debacle?

Even great coaches have used-by dates, just as great players do.

If the players have given up on the coach, as Jakovich all but confirmed on Sunday, then there are only 2 choices - either they go, or the coach goes.
sack the player not the coach.
Are we really going to clean out half the team at the end of this year?
I hope it too.
Is Worsfold the right man for 2009?
After a bad season why question him? When i see it here in our Soccer League Coaches get sacked even when they won titles or reached Goals which would normally unreachable. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Worsfold knockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back