Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Or they weren't mentally fit for AFL footy and didn't really want to play. e.g. Tom Boyd and Cam McCarthy
Still has the best ever first AFL kick I have ever seen.

On the arc at Marvel, went back to the fence and slotted through for a goal.

Went on to beat the Bulldogs that day.

Mitch Thorp top 10 draft pick and gave the Hawks 2 games of Manure

Butcher Port Power close thread

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
please to both of you

Melbourne took Luke Molan with pick 9 in the 2001 superdraft.

He never played a game

1710724252263.png

Also took Lucas Cook at pick 12 in 2010 and once again he never played a game
1710724341216.png

please to both of you

Melbourne took Luke Molan with pick 9 in the 2001 superdraft.

He never played a game

View attachment 1931569

Also took Lucas Cook at pick 12 in 2010 and once again he never played a game
View attachment 1931570

I remember being pissed we missed out on Big Matty Watson. He was the gorilla KPD we were dreaming of at the time. Massive unit even at 18 years of age with a booming kick.

Thank god I'm not a list manager.

Definitely NOT Josh Bootsma, one of the greatest

But Josh Schache comes to mind for this but

Josh Schache. I don't know how many people he has dirt on, but to be on his third club while still showing that has zero attributes of a professional footballer is truly astounding.

As a Melbourne supporter I'd be happy to trade Brent Grgic back in for the potato...

Melbourne took Luke Molan with pick 9 in the 2001 superdraft. He never played a game
Yeah... Poor guy suffered an horrific broken leg

He must've been a real spud to be selected with pick 9 in the Superdraft and snap his leg in two, break his collar-bone, tear up his knee, break his leg a second time and then suffer persistent hamstring injuries.

Yeah... Poor guy suffered an horrific broken leg

He must've been a real spud to be selected with pick 9 in the Superdraft and snap his leg in two, break his collar-bone, tear up his knee, break his leg a second time and then suffer persistent hamstring injuries.
“Then, mid-season in the VFL in one ultimately career-ending contest, he suffered a broken collarbone, ruptured ACL and concussion.”

Did that happen in one contest in one game?

Josh Schache - absolutely useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Gallagher. Simply wasn't up to it. Played for us then I think it was Carlton who were dumb enough to give us something for him before delisting him after 1 season with them.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-16.jpg
    images.jpeg-16.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
  • images.jpeg-17.jpg
    images.jpeg-17.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 27
David Gallagher. Simply wasn't up to it. Played for us then I think it was Carlton who were dumb enough to give us something for him before delisting him after 1 season with them.

Think it might've been Gallagher and Eccles for Massie and Nelson.

Nah, he was a role player. Thoroughly mediocre but not awful
Played 166 games including 4 grand finals so a little bit better than mediocre. True, he was a role player but he did whatever the coaches asked of him and usually did it well (with the Saints and Freo)

Butcher Port Power close thread

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In the midst of one of the worst periods of any side in the history of the game (aggregate 360 point loss over 3 games), Butcher actually was their shining light. Kicked 11 goals in 3 games and kicked straight as well

Agree. Jason Wild.
lol, it is still comes up as the no 1 answer with most pies fans when doing a word association test to best describe Collingwood in the mid to late 90s.
My brother says Stephen Patterson but I’d probably put him at no 2 🙂

Callum Brown was consistently useless, being a father son got him way more games than he deserved - can't believe he got to 70
But when he and Josh Daicos first came onto the scene, there were few who rated Josh as having the better debut year. A bit like J Cloke, Brown peaked in his first year and regressed after that

“Then, mid-season in the VFL in one ultimately career-ending contest, he suffered a broken collarbone, ruptured ACL and concussion.”

Did that happen in one contest in one game?
The opposition that day was sponsored by Dodge, and as part of their sponsorship package this guy played a one off game

Pacific Northwest Badass GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Israel Folau would have to be up there surely.

Played 166 games including 4 grand finals so a little bit better than mediocre. True, he was a role player but he did whatever the coaches asked of him and usually did it well (with the Saints and Freo)
I disagree, but understand where you are coming from. In my eyes he was an extremely limited role player. He did for the most part play that role, but no more no less. Still, a long long way from the worst player to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back