Worst AFL umpire IYO (in your opinion)

Remove this Banner Ad

McBurney is by far the worst umpire in the AFL.

Goldspink is up there as one of the best not worst. He has had 4 Grand Finals and been in the top 6 umpires for a year on 6 other occasions. People hate him i think because he makes gutsy calls that other umps don't.

McLaren. He's disgraceful and he's a sook. That press conference where he started crying was the most bull******** thing I've ever seen.

Snickers said:
McBurney and McLaren ****en ****heads
Give these blokes a break mate... they try there hardest to make the game what it is... if it wasnt for these guys there would be on football.. so just stop and have a think about the people that make the game!!!

Bards said:
Give these blokes a break mate... they try there hardest to make the game what it is... if it wasnt for these guys there would be on football.. so just stop and have a think about the people that make the game!!!

In a way you are right, there is no need for to call them ****heads or ****wits and stuff like that.
However with the money they make for umpiring I think they are fair game to discuss who is best or worst.
When out at your local football remember that these guys are really do it for the love of it.

McLaren is the worst umpire ever and goldstink is a very close second,they both make bill deller look like a choirboy! :mad:

missionpossible said:
In a way you are right, there is no need for to call them ****heads or ****wits and stuff like that.
However with the money they make for umpiring I think they are fair game to discuss who is best or worst.
When out at your local football remember that these guys are really do it for the love of it.
Exactly...

MOJOE said:
I thought pushing someone (ie Rioli) in the back was a free kick??? I must be wrong.... :confused:
Must admit, I can't particularly remember that one but what about the other ones? 4 goals from dodgy free kicks in the forward 50 in the 1st quarter! You have to admit it was some terrible umpiring, and in a Prelim!

For me it is either McLaren or Schmitt. Last year, I would have to say it was Schmitt, he was the most incompetent umpire going around, and should never bet let near another game of AFL in his life!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldspink and Sheehan.

The best umpire is the Aboriginal one from yesteryear (James?). Looking at the old vids he seemed to respect the players and the players seemed to respect him. He talked to the players like humans...listen to the way the umpires talk to the players today, especially the younger, less well-known players.

Communication is one of the key skills of the football umpire. Today's blokes don't excell in this era.

regards,

REB

I dont think any of the AFL umpires are bad. Bad would be a 150% improvement on their current preformances; maybe in the wizard cup they could experiment by giving them baggy trousers and red noses so at least they can look like the clowns the act like.

Unfortunately , there will be no improvement until they start to become accountable; Let the coaches say what they think and the players without this insecure gag that the AFL has put on them.

I won't name them individually but I think the worst umpires are the ones who believe the crowd pay their money to come and watch how good they umpire the game.

I couldn't name the BEST umpire because if he has done his job properly then I would leave the ground not knowing who he was.

OneEyedHawk said:
Must admit, I can't particularly remember that one but what about the other ones? 4 goals from dodgy free kicks in the forward 50 in the 1st quarter! You have to admit it was some terrible umpiring, and in a Prelim!

Why is it terrible umpiring paying a free kick when its there? If they hadnt been paid all you'd hear is whinging from us about how we were robbed of frees right in front of goal - even though it is clear that Rioli, Barnard, etc were either held or pushed.

even though it is clear that Rioli, Barnard, etc were either held or pushed

Ah so you seem to be someone who has actually whatched the game, good on you mate, maybe you could have a video night with all these dawks supporters and show them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst AFL umpire IYO (in your opinion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back